S&P Capital IQ

S&P Capital IQ Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

S&P Capital IQ President Lou Eccleston

Lou Eccleston

Pros
  • Competitive salary, Great work life balance, perks, less pressure(in 29 reviews)

• Strong learning culture, friendly work environment(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has no interest in investing in employees and assisting in development(in 13 reviews)

• No Learning- After 6 months your learning curve falls and get ready to do the same stuff for the rest of your life(in 7 reviews)

A sweet option for part-timers/flexible proofreader types

Transcription Proofreader (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay, (sometimes) interesting content, not too taxing.

I work as a proofreader for the transcription department. I listen to the audio of a conference call or presentation and check the accuracy of a transcription. Pretty straightforward, easy work, and most of the calls are pretty interesting. The work is cyclical, tied to quarterly earnings reports of publicly-traded companies, so it's not full time (more like 26-32-ish weeks out of the year), but when there's work, there's plenty of work. Pay is decent but it would be hard to have this be a single job. That's not their fault though, they're very upfront about the amount of work, and most of their people do this as a second/side job so they're usually pretty understanding so long as you stick to what you promise.

ConsNot a full-time job but can eat up too much time when it's busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe coaching opportunities were a good idea and should be continued/expanded.

Great place to learn a lot about the finance world as a new starter

ProsStrong learning culture, friendly work environment

ConsCan be bureaucratic, training program could be better organized

Good brand to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsGood remuneration and the association with S&P

ConsGrowth is very slow. Too many levels in the hierarchy and takes many years to reach to sr. analyst/manager level

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for Capital IQ was one of the most enriching experience. I really liked the culture and values of the company

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsGreat Management, Nice people, nice culture and values, the employees are looked after very well and thats the best part about CIQ

ConsEverything was as good as it gets

No pressure job which requires high level of accuracy yet there's great work life balance.

Research Associate (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsCompetitive salary, Great work life balance, perks, less pressure

ConsNo analytics, lack of challenge, Less long term growth, Back end job, No client facing

Advice to Senior ManagementTop management is fine lacks inclination towards CSR.

Was a great place to work before management changed

Business Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsCulture, office, work load, time in office (very flexible on when to come and when to leave). As long as you got your work done on time, people were cool with you.

ConsMgmt switched over in early 2012 leading to huge turnover. New leaders were stuffy and resistant to feedback.

Good Start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood place to start your career.
    Good amount of young professionals.

ConsHard to progress in the company.
    The department I was in had a lot of internal conflicts. Management did little to nothing to resolve it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany to create a career paths for people which can eliminate bias and conflicts.

Quality Work with Work-Life Balance

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros1.Talented people.
    2.Healthy Environment
    3.Freedom & Space in terms of Logic Implementation.
    4.Infrastructure

Cons1.Unawareness & Non-Uniformity of Policies.
    2.Admin Management is not quick & prompt.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are supportive. They value your ideas & give you authority of your tasks.

great work-life balance, but horribly terrible manager and significantly under paid

Client Development Associate (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Prosgreat team mates, great culture, great working environment

Consremarkably terrible manager to cope with. Heavily under paid. Don't think it would be a great place to work if your manager is trying to build up her reputation and look good with your sacrifice. working with a manager who doesn't give a sh*t about you is miserable.

Advice to Senior Managementfind someone who would really care for her subordinates and make them feel it's safe and worth putting 100% efforts working in your company.

Senior software engineer @ Capital IQ Hyderabad: This can be a good first job

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsThe work culture is more like a young startup. One has the independence to propose his solutions and implement them after taking feedback. Such Entrepreneurial traits are strongly valued and encouraged.

ConsWithin 1-2 years, one will get a hang of the nature of work and it becomes easy to solve. After 1-2 years, it is difficult to get any challenging work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHands on managers who can jump into work will offer much help to employees compared to those who only know projects at theoretical level. I happened to work with a mix of both and the former ones offered more help in shaping me.

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!