Ryder System

www.ryder.com

Ryder System Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Ryder System – “Ryder Systems”

Robert E. Sanchez

Pros
  • As a leading-edge Fortune 500 company with expanding global presence, we recognize our employees - our knowledge capital - as our most valuable asset(in 7 reviews)

• The company maintains an excellent good work-life balance for its employees(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is NO real work/life balance and it always feels like big brother is watching(in 8 reviews)

• After my resignation, upper management shunned me(in 12 reviews)

Wonderful

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsThe Edmonton team is one of the best set of co-workers I have ever had in my entire life and the Service Manager is by far, one of the best leaders I have ever had. A lot of high-level skills from the Mechanics. These guys work hard. If you don't like a fast-paced environment and are not a hard worker, this is not the place for you. Look elsewhere.

ConsA lot of office politics from upper management. They really need to make some changes to upper management on the Western side of Canada side of things otherwise problems will continue.

Advice to Senior ManagementSorry guys, you really need to get your act together. On multiple occasions one of the Maintenance Managers of Western Canada had a bad habit of taking credit for other people's hard work and needlessly firing multiple employees who were doing a good job when things weren’t at the best, and did not take responsibility for not understanding his own job. Unfortunately, major problems will continue until this employee is re-trained as a Manager or is let go and replaced with someone competent.

satisfactory

Account Manager (Former Employee) Calgary, AB

Prosgood company to work for.

Consif you dont g by the book they fire you.

Advice to Senior Managementno comments

Was an excellent job, overall, but needs improvement in enforcing human rights policies between employees.

Route Manager, Truck Driver. (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

Prosbefore recession,,company was excellent to work for..very good pay,benefits, and paid holidays.(unfortunately due to slowdown in G.M. car,trucks sales, may have lost their jobs in 2008 and 2009).

Construcks are getting older and although pass MTO inspections,need improved repairs to radios,level of cab noise and new, better quality seats.

Advice to Senior Managementimproved methods of dealing with employee against employee harassment issues..although policies in place,still to much nonsense goes on and very hard to prove and STOP!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job hate they lost bid on relay vw parts

Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) Hattiesburg, MS (US)

ProsHealth Insurance and safety,Good Equipment

ConsCompany values,great benefit,office culture,leadership,time-off policies

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was good

Operations

ProsFlex time, good pay and benefits

ConsNo communication from upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementShare what's going on with employees

Just with any other corporation, large amount of training with no one to do the proper training

Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR (US)

Prosteamwork among the mid management and technicians

Conscorporate staff fails to recognize achievements.

Advice to Senior Managementproper motivation of employees

Great opportunity to lay a foundation to grow and develop as a business professional.

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsGreat resume builder and good entry level position. Afforded opportunity to be hands on with the performance of your location. Wonderful people to work with and tenured employees always willing to offer advice and helping hands.

ConsLong stressful days at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to show and emphasize the importance of your employees and how much the success of the company is dependent upon the hard work of great people.

Great people to work with; Challenges with funding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsThe people at Ryder try do the right thing. They generally care.

ConsLong hours, limited growth potential, never having enough resources to do the job and trying to do to much with not enough resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth. The company is doing well. Revenue continues to grow and in general they give employees a 2% raise every year. Also look in the mirror. Same mistakes are made over and over.

Fairly stable.

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Athens, GA (US)

ProsFairly stable. Work atmosphere is nice amongst other workers.

ConsNo advancement. Poor management. Hand to mouth type of projects. Run poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter health insurance is needed. Sick days are needed instead of using vacation days.

Ryder OMC

OMC Coordinator (Current Employee) Novi, MI (US)

ProsNice atmophere, the benefits are awesome, and this company values diversity. Several different opertunities to advance not only your career, but education as well. Compay will pay for up to 75% of your schooling if business related.

ConsDepending on the shift you work (Midnights) you there is no premium pay. People are always moving so there is alot of restaffing which can be very hectic at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are looking for safe jobs and you have good technical skills this is for you. If you are planning getting a salaried position experience Logistics or Transportation is perferred. This is also a nice way to get you foot into the industry as well so look into temp jobs related to Ryder at least in the Michigan area.

Worked for Ryder System? Contribute to the Community!