Ryan, LLC

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Ryan, LLC CEO and Managing Principal G. Brint Ryan

G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance(in 37 reviews)

• The MyRyan program creates a flexible work environment that fits your schedule(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform(in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse(in 9 reviews)

Provides and excellent opportunity to learn about sales tax and share this knowledge with our clients.

Manager, Client Support Services (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsEmployees are encouraged to make suggestions for improvement or make to make changes to imporve processes and are allowed to run with new endeavors or initiatives without much interferece from senior management. Whenever an employees takes charge of a new initiative they are typically acknowledged for their efforts.

ConsIn some situations senior management agrees to or decides to take on some work or project without consulting the groups affected or considering the current capicity of the groups involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen action items are assigned at Town Hall meetings a report back to the employees should be made to keep them informed on the status of the action item. When senior management accepts a meeting they should do their best to attend the meeting or send a note they will not be attending. Too often meetings are accepted by senior management and they do not show up. Where they do show at a meeting they are almost always late.

Not what it appears to be

Director (Former Employee)

ProsBest in Class service to clients. Strong Marketing. Has all the tools to be a great place to work.

ConsCompany politics and a wild west approach to sales make this a difficult place to work. With such rapid growth into other countries, the philosophies of Ryan H/O to do not transfer to their international branches.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees that leave your company. With such a great product and service the main reason people leave is leadership.

Working at Ryan

Consultant (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsMyRyan - allows a work-life balance, especially if you have a young family.
    Some of the best professionals in their field work at Ryan. Excellent atmosphere and work ethics.

ConsVery aggressive recovery measures - if you generate money for the firm all is well, otherwise expect to be out rather quickly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company across all departments and philosophies, with a medium-above average application of it's MyRyan program.

Intern (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsMyRyan is a reality for lots of employees, and there really is a meritorious environment. Lots of employee benefits, great PTO offerings.

ConsBonuses, and whether one advances or not is based solely on luck of the draw/who one knows. If you get stuck on a team in an industry such as retail, your bonuses will be lower than that of those in Defense Contractors or Oil and Gas. But it's worth the risk. Also lack of Administrative assistants means Associate Consultants, as well as Consultants must do extremely menial tasks for weeks on end.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget people on the lower level who drive your company, and remember to communicate on their level, despite the companies lofty future goals.

Great Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWork life balance, opportunity for growth, etc.

Consyou eat what you kill. In other words, you aren't just handed a large salary and told to get to work. you have to work and earn what you make.

Ryan is a great firm.

ProsRyan is focused on maintaining a flexible work-life balance which allows you to maximize your focus on your career and personal life. To help maximize your career, Ryan provides a wide range of training which can help you grow as a professional. If you are willing to work and grow as a professional then Ryan is a great firm for having a successful career.

ConsIt can take some time to build up a consistent stream of monthly bonuses, so the first year or so the amount of monthly bonuses can be infrequent which makes the overall compensation not look as good.

Disappointing

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsMostly nice and decent people. Decent benefits and pay. Well run training department.

ConsUnless your a "Principal's Favorite" you can count on struggling for engagements. Attempts to distribute work based on the Team Resume concept doesn't work and Principals are still reluctant to give work to Managers they haven't worked with which makes success in management a crap shoot.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job at trying to keep the loyal and dedicated people you have; otherwise, you will continually be searching for new people to refill those spots.

Growth

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Plantation, FL (US)

ProsGood Pay, Good Salary, Good Start for Graduates.

ConsSmall Office, not too many employees.

Best team experience of my career.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat workplace flexibility. Office culture is easy going and coworkers are very hard working. Great incentives to work harder; performance based bonuses. Nice location.

ConsWhen I first started it was very hard to balance several projects at a time. There are many moving parts to the process, so you are required to sharpen your attention where it is most needed.

Consulting

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsExcellent training program, CEO who truly walks the talk,diversified experience to be gained and excellent flex time program in theory.

ConsSay they value experienced hires but then want to mold them into what they already have, people are promoted base on skill sets not managerial skills which creates principals and managers who have great consulting skills but horrible people skills, low pay for teams not in Dallas, need a better way of assigning reviews and the flex time creates a sense of never being off the clock.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize just because someone knows policies and procedures and brings in good results does not necessarily mean they will be a good manager. Too many principals and managers truly lack good people skills.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!