Rothstein Kass

www.rkco.com

Rothstein Kass Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Steven Kass and Howard Altman

good place to start career before the merge

Prosgreat benefit, great learning experience

Conslots of uncertainty inside the firm. Bad evaluation process. performance was based on how well your personal relationship with manager. Not based on work efficiency. Mentor program is just fake and not being used well.

Advice to Senior Managementtalk to different employee, listen to everyone, offer your help. not just listen to those you considered as your friends in your personal life.

It was good while it lasted.

Senior Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsIt had great benefits and a great workplace environment. It also had a good work/life balance. And it paid overtime.

ConsBeing bought out by KPMG. Bye bye mid-size perks. Also, inter-office work teams and interactions were not nearly as efficient as working with team members located in one's local office.

Advice to Senior ManagementWish you wouldn't have sold the firm. We were doing so well.

Great company to work for

Software Developer (Former Employee) Roseland, NJ (US)

ProsGreat salary and benefit and great co-workers

ConsLife and work balance is terriable during tax season. most time employees are not inform of the extral time they have to put in until they get hire

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate some balance for your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a great firm

Staff Auditor (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWork Life balance for public accounting firm
    Hedge Funds experience

ConsSinking ship firm has no structure

Advice to Senior ManagementTain employees

Staff was willing to listen to new ideas

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsPartnering departments were very enthusiastic

ConsMarketing leadership was reluctant to change

Very cliquish staff

Staff Auditor (Former Employee) Roseland, NJ (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits; good professional support/ongoing credits; variety of clients

Consoffice culture - if you fit in with a clique, great, if not, tough luck! Seniors could care less about staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let staff get stuck with just one senior in the beginning - make sure they work equally with everyone

Great learning experience

Auditor Financial Services (Current Employee) Roseland, NJ (US)

ProsThe office culture and the people , work-life balance. Interesting to work with hedge fund companies

ConsTurnover of employees are high

great.

Audit Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosvery flexible company that has reputation for hedge funds as good as big 4.

Consbusy season can grind you as it goes on from the second wieek in january to mid april

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is fine

RK was a great place to work. Operative word being "was"

ProsGreat advancement and learning opportunities, competitive salary, good benefits and loved my coworkers. Training reimbursement and support from mgmt made it easy to pursue professional certifications.

ConsFlavor of the week initiatives and greed at the top sunk this firm. Culture was good until the disastrous introduction of the core values. Forced training was aggravating and only loosely applied to job responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach

Great company to work for if you aren't a slacker

Auditor (Current Employee) Roseland, NJ (US)

ProsRothstein Kass has a great culture and intelligent individuals working for the firm. Only people who have anything negative to say are those who got let go because they were below average.

ConsAs with any accounting firm, the hours are no fun. It's doable, you just have to want it. If you don't, private is the way to go

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has improved over time. I think they try and lsiten to the lower-level staff, but they never adhere to comments or suggestions as much as they want.

Worked for Rothstein Kass? Contribute to the Community!