Riverbed Technology

Riverbed Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Riverbed Technology Chairman, President, and CEO Jerry M. Kennelly

Jerry M. Kennelly

Pros
  • Having worked at some other places I find a great work life balance here"(in 38 reviews)

• Great people, although that can vary widely depending on the group you're in(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving(in 12 reviews)

• Still suffering from some growing pains from quickly expanding the workforce over the past 4 years(in 20 reviews)

Leaders in WAN optimization

Customer Facing (Former Employee)

ProsWAN optimization was, is, and will likely be their claim to fame for the foreseeable future. Lots of smart people floating around the place.

ConsOverpaying for the OPNET acquisition will continue to put them in a precarious position to meet the demands of investors whose expectations will likely exceed the companies ability to extract value from a big bet.

Awesome place to work

Inside Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsRiverbed has a great work life balance, great benefits, best products in our tech space, and awesome colleagues to work with. Great and abundant professional development as well. Brand new facility in downtown SF that is spectacular.

ConsSalaries here are on the smaller side compared to similar companies in the SF bay area. There has been some difficultly integrating some of our acquisitions but upper management is generally good.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employee's a more competitive salary that is comparable to our competitors and this would be the best place to work ever!

Very happy, will be here for awhile

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsPeople are extremely friendly. Once you understand what Riverbed is about and each product, it's very easy to see why they're great and that the company has a top of the line product platform. Very good benefits. Good work life balance. The company treats you as an adult and doesn't micro manage. Lots of resources to help you grow as an employee so that you can be the best in your role as you can possibly be.

ConsNone that are too bad for now

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like to see more official processes in place. Ex: SFDC.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

ProsVery smart people, lots of enthusiasm about what we do and how we do it.

ConsStrong work life balance can lean too far in the life direction

Individual Contributor Going No Where

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsIf you like chaos and zero accountability, zero career expectations and unkept promises, high management turnover, poorly performing stock options and perpetual takeover rumors... This place is for you!

ConsZero upward mobility, lowball salary with no way of doing anything about it, underperform over perform all the same rewards. Be prepared to rewind your career while your manager is underperforming, putting the pressure to manage the gap upward with false or no pretense for reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementActively retain your best people by offering some kind of career next hop, demonstrate something that represents opportunity/hope, reason to stay, end the churn cycle. Chop the fat, there are tons of ineffective people being propped up by a few hardcore contributors.

Escalation Engineer IN UK

Escalation Engineer (Current Employee) Bracknell, England (UK)

ProsAwesome flexibility, opportunities to grow, Good stock plans and stock bonuses

ConsNone at the moment so nothing bad to report

I will have an interview tomorrow

Prosi do not yet, but i will say later

Conssuch a question when i do not know yet

Strictly OK

Senior Escalation Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsFree time. Very laid back.

ConsVery haphazard for a big company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet procedures in place for smoother operation

Culture changing not for the better.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsRiverbed Technology has always been a place to work, where you want to give more than your best. Just a great place to work.

ConsThe new Senior Management is trying to bring up the stock price, with negative changes to the work place. Good talent is leaving, while others looking around.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are losing the Riverbed magic. The approach of you are free to leave, if you do not like it , was never Riverbed.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

SOLID TEAM

ProsThe Senior Riverbed Management Team is very solid

ConsThe OPNET team had a very different culture that is taking time to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Going

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!