Rite Aid

Rite Aid Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley

John T. Standley

Pros
  • good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface(in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is determined to turn a profit at whatever costs(in 66 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else(in 28 reviews)

Good place, but will work u to death

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsGood place to work and if your lucky you'll get a good team to work with.

ConsMangers are distant from lower level prob or just don't care. Some Arrogance from coworkers and seniors

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the worker bee , they'll make you more honey.

Stressful, yet fun to work there.

Rite Aid Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) Kings Park, NY (US)

ProsMany available hrs, good people, good experience, fun, flexible hrs, worked well with my school schedule, appreciated good/hard work.

ConsOn your feet a lot, slow raises, always busy, some grumpy workers (but where are there not?), short breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementFull one-hour lunch breaks and increased employee discounts would make employees happier.

Fantastic

Mystery Shoppers Needed (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsWe offer very attractive salary

ConsPromotions,office culture and good salary

Advice to Senior ManagementHard work pays

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Improving for the future

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY (US)

ProsCompany is adding more clinical services to expand the pharmacist's role.

ConsCompany cut payroll so more work is expected with less tech help.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide tech training so pharmacists can focus on the clinical needs of their customers.

front end cashier-pharmacy cashier/technician

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe store location was an easy commute. Built long lasting customer relationships. Good learning experience.

ConsStore and/or pharmacy management tends to change often. Many locations can be short-staffed, creating customer satisfaction issues.

Advice to Senior Managementemployee feedback is very important

Works around college hours, but don't appreciate their employees.

Rite Aid Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsThey work around my hours when I was attending school and I was promoted to supervisor after just 2 years. The discount is okay.

ConsThe biggest challenge is the fact Rite Aid doesn't show appreciation to their employee's like they should and the Sunday sign's suck, because there are 3 different tags and the sale can be confusing to costumers, so there for frustrating to us. There are 3 different programs that we have to try to sign people up for and costumers get upset when we ask them to sign up. People just want to get in and get out, not to get asked a million questions. Oh! And now we have to ID everyone! Even if they are 100 years old. Try asking costumers who are clearly 50 or something older to provide ID. Yeah Okay, because that goes over well with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employee's like they are your family and not puppets to do your job. Have the Raptor parties outside of Rite Aid and not in the stock room! Be patient when talking to other employee's and consider their feelings before yours, also talking in a professional manor would be nice.

Co-Manager

Co-Manager (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ (US)

ProsGained experience in the management aspect.
    I had an amazing Store Manager who helped me grow and showed me everything I needed to know to succeed.
    The long term sales associates there were amazing and probably one of the reason I stayed for a while.
    Discount for employees is 20% off on regular price items. Not bad, I guess.

ConsLittle help and arrogance from District Manager.
    The clientele was pretty bad due to the store location.
    Pay sucked for Sales Associates, even shift supervisors.
    Didn't get a store promotion because of the lack of confidence of my District Manager and his sympathy towards older people who according to him had more experience.
    I managed a 24 hour store and it was non-stop all day.
    Lots of tasks to get done with very little time and the amount of plan-o-grams sent all the time where nonsense.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved in how your District Manager run their stores, mine wasn't helpful and extremely arrogant.

Things to know

ProsHires good people to work with and is under union.

ConsThe pay should be better for employees

Interesting, educational, misrepresented, and underpaid.

Rite Aid Wellness Ambassador (Current Employee)

Pros- In my position I had a lot of autonomy (Wellness Ambassador)
    - Learned a lot about sales and customer service
    - Became GNC certified and developed a keen sense of leadership

Cons- Completely underpaid for the job required (described as a "marketing executive" paid less than the checkers)
    - Tricked out of taking promotions because I was "too good at my position to let me go"
    - No one understands my job within the company, constantly asked to do things that are not in my job description

Advice to Senior Management- If you have an employee that you think has a lot of potential, don't trick them and don't lie to them and especially don't withhold raises from them, seriously tried to promote within the company and was constantly being lied to and held back from reaching my goals

Needs to be reviewed

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Wallkill, NY (US)

Prosshorter hours than normal retailers

Conspay was minimum wage, you got put into the union without signing for permission.
    little opportunity for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a little more, work with people to learn why you do things. spend time with associates to know where they are going wrong and what they can do to fix it instead of calling them out.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!