Revlon Reviews

Updated 5 April, 2015
58 reviews filtered by
3.1
Lorenzo Delpani

Pros
  • Summer Hours and Holiday Hours really help with work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Great Brand and the compensation and benefits are good (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is heavily weighted towards work (in 3 reviews)

• Long hours, very egotistical people, lots of politics (in 4 reviews)

Wonderful place to work

I have been working at Revlon

Pros

Great project variety and opportunity for value added contributions and wonderful corporate culture and team collaboration that allows achievement of goals and objectives

Cons

There are no cons as the environment and projects are collaboration and culture are of a high quality with ability to contribute to projects with appreciation for activities.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate while being efficient.

would look elsewhere if you want a company that will appreciate your hard work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Revlon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great product and great marketing

Cons

senior management detached and unfocused. Very political organization. Don't expect to get ahead based on ability, talent or hard work.

Advice to Management

Wake up. You are getting rid of the people that were dedicated and have some talent and keeping those that tell you what you want to hear. Revlon used to be well regarded, but that is no longer the case.

3. Fast-paced, high-learning environment

I worked at Revlon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

* High profile company with leading brands that are (arguably) quite glamorous.
    * Excellent learning environment, with a culture that encourages risk-taking and is not too process-driven/encumbered;
    * Exposure to all facets of the business--operations, marketing, sales--no matter what your role is;

Cons

* the nature of the industry means very long planning lead times and continual promotional development (which I suspect is a good thing, but sometimes can be stressful since the pace is so quick.)
    * very cut throat industry where share points are jockeyed around
    * depending on your level, politics can exist
    * high brand spend can sometimes come at the expense of profitability. Which means cuts in personnel, plants, restructuring, have been many in the past 5-8 years.

5. Great People Good Company

I have been working at Revlon

Pros

Opportunities for growth and advancement, fair compensation package, interesting and varied job responsibilities, great brand presence and pride of the staff in the Revlon Brand and its history

Cons

Work/Life balance needs to be improved in some depts, Sr. Management tends to initiate too many new company initiatives at one time, resulting in a heavier workload for the staff

Advice to Management

To prioritize projects and to coach your staff through them. Work with staff to ensure that work/life balance is throughout the company

6. Changes are very radical

Current Employee - Financial Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Revlon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The implmented changes are required for the health and continuity of the company.

Cons

The new management uses the european way wich is not very friendly and difficult when one is used to the American way

7. Great Opportunites

I worked at Revlon

Pros

Vacation time, Personal Leave, Floating Holidays. Major Holidays and the day before/day after are paid. If offices were open before holidays we were able to leave early.

Cons

Communication within departments are horrible. Beyond that I have really nothing negative to state. Had great opportunities and allowed for lots of growth.

8. Very negative, unsupportive culture where colleagues and senior management talk about you rather than to you

Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at Revlon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice brand, some good high performing colleagues, flexi-time

Cons

Performance review process introduced but simply a tick-box exercise created then not reviewed again until year end - Not really a performance development/management tool, under-hand management style. Focussed on the negative and the bad. Poor leadership. A claimed no-blame culture which is more about avoiding accountability/responsibility and hence very little can be learned when things do go wrong. I've read this somewhere else but it's true at Revlon too..."The company revolves around who you know rather than what you know".

Advice to Management

Be open and honest, say what you do and do what you say

Need to know somebody

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC (US)

I have been working at Revlon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Ok place to work for experience, but not for long term

Cons

No opportunities to grow in the departments. Compensation is low for college graduates.

Horrible Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Revlon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great employes and co-workers, every other Friday off but you end up working on those fridays most of the tim

Cons

employees are overworked and underpaid, management rules by using fear tactics, no room for growth, long hours, no work life-balance, no bonus, no incentive for performance, rigid schedule - no flexibility,

11. An internship at Revlon was an incredible experience to have at such a crucial deciding point in my life.

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY (US)
    Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Revlon as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Intelligent, fun, collaborative, and communicative people made this experience hugely informative and exciting for me.
    I was able to sit in on meetings that helped me see how the company, and my department, ran and what to expect if I ever have a position at the company. Many leaders took an interest in learning about what I do in school, and what I wanted to do in my career, and shared their experiences.

Cons

There was, as in all internships, some "busy work".
    Didn't feel comfortable voicing my desire to go to more meetings and see more creative processes until almost the end of my internship.
    My cube was quite a distance from most of the people I was doing work for, which was slightly uncomfortable especially at the beginning.

Advice to Management

Make more time at the beginning of an internship to let interns shadow you, attend meetings, etc. There could have been a better plan in place instead of bouncing interns (or in my experience at least) from person to person asking if they had projects or to explain certain things.

Revlon Photos