Revlon Reviews

Updated 12 October, 2014
3.3

Lorenzo Delpani
1 Rating

Pros
  • Summer Hours and Holiday Hours really help with work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Great Brand and the compensation and benefits are good (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, very egotistical people, lots of politics (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast-paced, high-learning environment

I worked at Revlon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

* High profile company with leading brands that are (arguably) quite glamorous.
    * Excellent learning environment, with a culture that encourages risk-taking and is not too process-driven/encumbered;
    * Exposure to all facets of the business--operations, marketing, sales--no matter what your role is;

Cons

* the nature of the industry means very long planning lead times and continual promotional development (which I suspect is a good thing, but sometimes can be stressful since the pace is so quick.)
    * very cut throat industry where share points are jockeyed around
    * depending on your level, politics can exist
    * high brand spend can sometimes come at the expense of profitability. Which means cuts in personnel, plants, restructuring, have been many in the past 5-8 years.

would look elsewhere if you want a company that will appreciate your hard work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Revlon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great product and great marketing

Cons

senior management detached and unfocused. Very political organization. Don't expect to get ahead based on ability, talent or hard work.

Wake up. You are getting rid of the people that were dedicated and have some talent and keeping those that tell you what you want to hear. Revlon used to be well regarded, but that is no longer the case.

Great People Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Revlon

Pros

Opportunities for growth and advancement, fair compensation package, interesting and varied job responsibilities, great brand presence and pride of the staff in the Revlon Brand and its history

Cons

Work/Life balance needs to be improved in some depts, Sr. Management tends to initiate too many new company initiatives at one time, resulting in a heavier workload for the staff

To prioritize projects and to coach your staff through them. Work with staff to ensure that work/life balance is throughout the company

Need to know somebody

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC (US)

I have been working at Revlon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Ok place to work for experience, but not for long term

Cons

No opportunities to grow in the departments. Compensation is low for college graduates.

An internship at Revlon was an incredible experience to have at such a crucial deciding point in my life.

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Revlon as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Intelligent, fun, collaborative, and communicative people made this experience hugely informative and exciting for me.
    I was able to sit in on meetings that helped me see how the company, and my department, ran and what to expect if I ever have a position at the company. Many leaders took an interest in learning about what I do in school, and what I wanted to do in my career, and shared their experiences.

Cons

There was, as in all internships, some "busy work".
    Didn't feel comfortable voicing my desire to go to more meetings and see more creative processes until almost the end of my internship.
    My cube was quite a distance from most of the people I was doing work for, which was slightly uncomfortable especially at the beginning.

Make more time at the beginning of an internship to let interns shadow you, attend meetings, etc. There could have been a better plan in place instead of bouncing interns (or in my experience at least) from person to person asking if they had projects or to explain certain things.

A high paced manufacturing environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC (US)

I worked at Revlon full-time

Pros

Working with consumer products, employees are valued, always work to be done, and there are many types of projects and products to work with.

Cons

Not a great location, little room to move up, company money is mostly tied up in marketing, little capital for manufacturing, but no discounts/free products for employees.

Problems escalate when the solutions are band-aids, instead of preventing them from happening in the first place.

Stay away, far away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Revlon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, long time employees, vacation

Cons

Too many to list, I guess the main one would be decide on a strategy and stick with it.

Figure out the path you want to go down and stop changing it midstream, too much swirl

Great Place to start, Not retire

Current Employee - Process Facilitator in Oxford, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Process Facilitator in Oxford, NC (US)

I have been working at Revlon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits. 15 Vacation days, 40 hours of Paid leave, And 4 floating holidays is good for a manufacturing company.

Cons

Lousy pay. Most people with wife and children cannot live on the salary of my position. I mean 22,000 a year is barely living in this country

People of my position should at least get paid a living wage, also most people view my position as a dead end position. there is no way to move up at the company.

Inventory Clerk

Current Employee - Inventory Clerk in Oxford, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Inventory Clerk in Oxford, NC (US)

I have been working at Revlon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful benefits and compensation over the years.

Cons

Long hours occasionally especially at month and year ends.

More active listening would prevent misunderstandings.

Revlon is a great company where hard work, collaboration and eagerness to challenge the status quo are rewarded!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC (US)

I have been working at Revlon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are amazing and dedicated. The family atmosphere extends to old and new employees, and there is a sense that you are sincerely cared about. Opportunities are there for anyone who works hard, is intelligent, welcomes change and can collaborate across teams.

Cons

If you don't like change, Revlon is not the place for you.

Top Down communication since Professional Division acquisition has been very poor. Employees fill vacuum with supposition and gossip. More transparency needed across entire company.

Revlon Photos