Revlon

www.revlon.com

Revlon Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014
Revlon – Las Piñas – “Revlon cosmetics sm southmall”

Not yet rated.

Lorenzo Delpani

Fast-paced, high-learning environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros* High profile company with leading brands that are (arguably) quite glamorous.
    * Excellent learning environment, with a culture that encourages risk-taking and is not too process-driven/encumbered;
    * Exposure to all facets of the business--operations, marketing, sales--no matter what your role is;

Cons* the nature of the industry means very long planning lead times and continual promotional development (which I suspect is a good thing, but sometimes can be stressful since the pace is so quick.)
    * very cut throat industry where share points are jockeyed around
    * depending on your level, politics can exist
    * high brand spend can sometimes come at the expense of profitability. Which means cuts in personnel, plants, restructuring, have been many in the past 5-8 years.

would look elsewhere if you want a company that will appreciate your hard work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

Prosgreat product and great marketing

Conssenior management detached and unfocused. Very political organization. Don't expect to get ahead based on ability, talent or hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. You are getting rid of the people that were dedicated and have some talent and keeping those that tell you what you want to hear. Revlon used to be well regarded, but that is no longer the case.

Great People Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsOpportunities for growth and advancement, fair compensation package, interesting and varied job responsibilities, great brand presence and pride of the staff in the Revlon Brand and its history

ConsWork/Life balance needs to be improved in some depts, Sr. Management tends to initiate too many new company initiatives at one time, resulting in a heavier workload for the staff

Advice to Senior ManagementTo prioritize projects and to coach your staff through them. Work with staff to ensure that work/life balance is throughout the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Revlon is a great company where hard work, collaboration and eagerness to challenge the status quo are rewarded!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oxford, NC (US)

ProsThe people are amazing and dedicated. The family atmosphere extends to old and new employees, and there is a sense that you are sincerely cared about. Opportunities are there for anyone who works hard, is intelligent, welcomes change and can collaborate across teams.

ConsIf you don't like change, Revlon is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop Down communication since Professional Division acquisition has been very poor. Employees fill vacuum with supposition and gossip. More transparency needed across entire company.

Learned a lot in a short amount of time

Finance Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsSummer Hours and Holiday Hours really help with work-life balance
    The office was located just outside of Grand Central Station so was an easy commute for most and convenient for shopping and lunch
    They did offer a pension plan, though I am not sure if they still do
    Great discounts on cosmetics

ConsBonuses were not paid while I was there, I found this demotivating
    Frequent downsizing left the remaining employees concerned

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for people that care about the brand and the organization, not just their jobs.

Very step by step, but you must have a lot of initiative to stand out.

Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThey are very organized. The supervisor of interns organized many events and invited us to podcast recordings, portfolio reviews, etc.

ConsIt's a large company, and as interns go, there's so many, that it's easy to get buried and go unnoticed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy experience with Revlon was great.

Typical big company feel

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat people, excellent chance to learn about the cosmetic industry. I was given many opportunities to advance during my time there.

ConsCan be "click-ish"! If you're not in the inner circle, you will not be recognized or commended for you work. Turn over rate is very high. Many come in and find out it's not what they expected.

Revlon is a great company to learn the basics about business.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThere are a lot of professionals so you can learn a lot.

Consthe company is in constant management flux

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a better work/life balance for the employees

Nice place to work

Pick Packer (Former Employee) Oxford, NC (US)

ProsVery good benefits, people are friendly

ConsWomen keep a lot of Drama going

Advice to Senior ManagementNot enough communication to employees

A new CEO with great vision and Energy

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsA change in sr Managment is moving the company in the right direction
    I am very impress with Lorenzo our new CEO

ConsStill a lot of work to do

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat changes happening
    Finnally the company has direction and stratigic consisten managment

Worked for Revlon? Contribute to the Community!