Responsys

Responsys Reviews

Updated Apr 09, 2014

Responsys CEO Dan Springer

Dan Springer

Pros:
  • "Good work/life balance (but it depends on the team you're on)"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Get to work with some good people"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc"
    in 3 reviews
  • "I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Exceptional Learning Environment

Customer Success Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros- Great people who are always willing to help you solve a problem (as long as you are also -doing your homework and pulling your weight).
- Very motivated company. Everyone is excited to be on the team and happy generally speaking
- Work hard and promotions will come

Cons- At times it can be difficult to get a resource lined up for a project. I feel this is due to the amount of new clients and the expansion of current clients coming in the door. Not a bad problem to have for a business however, its a little red tape that gets frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the Sales handoff process in regards to knowledge transfer between Sales and Account Management team.

The great work environment and culture is fading.

I have been working at Responsys full-time

ProsCEO has great intentions and true open door policy. Some areas of the company still have a flexible start-up feeling, and show appreciation for good work ethic.

ConsMiddle management has high turnover and is not supportive of the employees on their teams. No middle ground between micromanagement and absent managers. It seems to be only one or the other.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the morale of the people working directly with clients. Employee attitudes are a direct reflection of Responsys.

Good summary , made good money but felt it lacked structure and will improve with time.

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Responsys as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery open helpful and encouraging Boss. Helpful people always willing to tell you more and help you learn in any way possible given the limitations. Great opportunity to work on things related directly to the business and high profile clients.

ConsRigid Management lots of company politics so new ideas take a long time to be heard and added as a possibility. Lack of structure to the internship , it would have been better if we could see more of what it would be like to work their full time as well as do our special projects. More opportunity to work more than 40 hours , the limit really limited my ability to meet people and to learn as much as possible.

Great for beginners

Customer Success Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Responsys full-time for more than a year

ProsA good place for someone starting in the online marketing industry.

ConsAt the time I worked there - the vision of the company was distracted by an inevitable acquisition. Hopefully, management will get more organized. The culture encourages omnipresence vs. balance.

Coming up on my 3 year anniversary at Responsys and the time has flown by!

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFellow colleagues are in it to win it. Mutual respect and desire to success across all facets of the organization. There's a true sense of ownership at this company. In addition, the company continues to invest in securing top talent across product, marketing, sales, and engineering. We remain at the top of our game despite some competitors being acquired by larger SaaS firms.

ConsDon't come to Responsys if you plan on just getting by. You need to be smart and put in some sweat equity to succeed here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay ahead of the curve. We operate in a very disruptive marketplace and must invest in our people, technology, and partnerships to remain on top.

Wonderful place to work, that is growing and profitable

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Proslots of opportunity for growth within the company. My voice is heard to be able to influence change. we have the best employees in the world.

ConsWe need to keep hiring ahead of the curve.

We're a force to be reckoned with!

Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than a year

ProsGreatest office culture ever where ambitious results are always rewarded. Responsys is still growing and beating all the competition with our superior product and excellent service.

Lots of folks leaving other companies because the hours aren't long and the workload is manageable. New School Marketing works.

Revenue is always growing and everyone is trying to join us because we love profit! Many will apply but very few will get accepted. Only the best can be part of our success story.

ConsWe need more team building after office hours to keep up the momentum. Most of all, the wonderful reviews here are all real unlike many from our competitors (who are usually pressured by HQ to write good reviews).

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course because we are winning the future!

Could be worse, but could be better.

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDowntown SF location is perfect, and Responsys really knows how to hire nice, hard-working and innovative people. For the most part, the team I work with is awesome. Good benefits, that continue to get even better.

ConsCompensation leaves something to be desired. Salaries really need to be well negotiated up front, because any raises after initial hiring will be the bare minimum. Some promotions are in "title only". Responsys is a growing company, and hires a lot of senior level people, which can leave its current employees feeling passed over. Work/Life balance can be out of whack, and salaried employees who consistently work more than 40 hours per week, are not always acknowledged for their hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work on growing a great company, but don't forget about your longtime employees.

“Amazing till end of 2012. Changed drastically most that”

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

ProsResponsys still has some talented people to work with. There is a strong analytical culture that if done right (like the early years) can be a great learning opportunity for people.

ConsLost focus over time. Early employees left or checked out.
The management let strong people leave and were left with some poor employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont let your employees go. Keep on your toes to keep innovating and looking for new disruptions.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Technical Job At responsys

Quality Engineer II (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at Responsys full-time for more than a year

ProsVery good managers almost all teams. You get to work on things what earn revenue for the company from day one.

ConsNo growth technically for a quality engineer .

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!

Responsys – Why Work for Us?

Marketing as we know it, has changed. Not because we said so. Consumers have said so. They fast-forward through TV commercials. They’ve put down their newspapers. They don’t have a landline.  They can choose which… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Responsys reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Responsys CEO Dan Springer. All 110 reviews are posted anonymously by Responsys employees.