Related Management

Updated 13 February, 2015
2.9

Jeff Brodsky

Great Training

Former Employee - Compliance Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Compliance Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Related Management

Pros

Great training for LIHTC, great support to employees. Good benefits.

Cons

I do not have a con for the company. The only con I have is personality of management I worked with which has nothing to do with the company. I like this company.

No Respect-based ethics at this company!

I worked at Related Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent salary and excellent benefits. They offer promotions very quickly (although usually people who have not amassed the experience necessary for said promotion).

Cons

Prides themselves on "Respect-based" management yet continually treated employees with extreme disrespect.

Property was left in disarray, unsecured and had various health and safety hazards throughout, despite employee concerns.

Lower-level management was scared to talk to upper-management about any issues for fear of getting berated or fired.

Unethical.

Related "brand" secured via any means necessary.

It was a great experience working at Related as a contract recruiter. I wish it led to a full time position

Former Contractor - Recruiter in New York, NY (US)
    Former Contractor - Recruiter in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Related Management as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The team that I worked with were very easy to get along with and were very welcoming to a new person joining their team. I loved working with everyone. Very team oriented.

Cons

The office was in the basement and it was located in a affordable housing property. This may change when they finish the Hudson Yards Property and it will be more attractive for applicants for when they interview.

I think there should be more guidance of how each person can grow within the department. I am not sure if that is being done now because I was only a contract employee. If its not I think that could add value.

Resident Service

Former Employee - Resident Service Specialist in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Resident Service Specialist in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Related Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Large Company, Luxury Apartment Buildings. One of the premiere real estate companies in NYC. The company is growing at rapid speeds so one would imagine about the available opportunities.

Cons

Employee Satisfaction non-existent upper management not at all interested in how employees are treated. Diversity is also non-existent in Management which is unfortunate.

Listen to line team members, become more diverse in Management/Senior Management. Also, work on creating a more positive company culture. Also, part of your Leaders Performance goals should be to hire diversity candidates in Management DM's Execs etc...

Professional but too stuffy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Related Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation was very competitive, good benefits and definitely one of the most prestigious luxury rental companies in NY.

Cons

Management was unapproachable and distant. Technology, software and other tools were in disarray and in many situations employees were left to fend for themselves without much support.

Try to change the sterile corporate culture that permeates the company.

Worst company I have ever heard of or worked for!

I worked at Related Management

Pros

Can not think of any

Cons

Everything! From "classes" they have you do which is a huge time sink. (And talking about there horrible reviews in those classes lol) to empty promises! They let so many go if they buy out anyone! And can't replace them which makes every property short staffed! And can't get very many to stay on due to there poor business practices!

Rethink how your running your business! You already have a very bad reputation!!!!!

Terrible Employer

Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Related Management part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of variety in going to different rental/condo properties throughout Manhattan each day and serving as administrative assistant; very good pay and competitive benefits package.

Cons

These people could CARE LESS about their employees - I've never experienced such lack of care for other human beings - they will not hesitate to throw an individual right under the bus in order to save the face of the company's incompetence. No one helps each other, rather, it's every person for themselves in this world!

Pay more attention to your employees' needs and RIGHTS. Listen.

A bunch of racist one track minded rich a-holes that only care about themselves. Run run away!

I worked at Related Management

Pros

There buildings are nice but not every person put in charge is is good leader. There takes more to being a leader than just having the title.

Cons

Everything about how they manage and support their workers is crap. They tell you one thing when you are hired and it's the complete opposite when you are in.

Listen to your workers and not your piers. And also before getting rid of good employees make sure you are doing what is right. Remember people have families and everyone makes mistakes. Don't abuse your power!

Out standing Company

Former Employee - Porter in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Porter in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Related Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Team work and the work with you as a team.

Cons

don't have any to say but would like to go back to work for the company.

give out more fulltime Jobs