Regis Corporation

www.regiscorp.com
Profile Unclaimed

Okay

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Crystal River, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Crystal River, FL (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

For being out of school it's a good place to start!

Cons

It's a corporation and what's making things difficult for us!

Be more involved in your individual salon needs. Updates, sales, etc.

Love the clients not the company

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Lake Charles, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Lake Charles, LA (US)

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Busy location, lots of freedom to be creative

Cons

Not enough hours, low commission rates, difficult to get raises, uneven treatment of employees

I was constantly being reprimanded for silly things. My manager had the poorest technical skills I'd ever seen and would pick out every flaw in the work of others.

Neutral to low

Former Employee - Hairstylist
    Former Employee - Hairstylist

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time (less than a year)

Pros

great place fresh out of school to gain experience,offers 401k,dental,vision,and small amounts of training

Cons

poor pay,unstable hours,managers expect you to marry the job,room for advancement must be submitted through district manager

Short and sweet

Current Employee - Stylist in Parker, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Stylist in Parker, CO (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

Good tips on Saturdays, flexible schedule

Cons

Management is horrible, my manager stayed clocked in and went to dispensary for two hours, not professional at all.

Get people in there who actually give a crap

Had a great salon manager, but horrible co workers and district manager and pay was questionable.

Former Employee - Hair Stylist
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist

I worked at Regis Corporation

Pros

Great salon manager that was willing to help me learn as I was just getting my cosmetology license.

Cons

Co workers didn't want new stylists being hired in. District manager was rude and down right cruel.
    Pay checks were always off and questionable.
    Never knew when I was scheduled to work.

Don't fire stylists after only being out of school. Come up with a program for new hires that allows them to grow and develop technique.

Great company most of the time (uk)

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really love working for regis. I have been an employee for 6 and a half years.
    great career progression, you can go into management, education and also the creative team. Good training courses and a lot on offer. Also train managers in HR these days.
    Most salons tend to be in good busy locations do lots of walk in guests.

Cons

Unrealistic targets for comission.
    Goal post gets changed for monthly bonus.
    wage for managers are very low compared to othe companies.
    Use to get a lot of incentives where you could win holidays and gadgets, don't do this now due to cit backs.
    staffing tends to be tight in each salon so can be a nightmare when organising holidays.
    have to rely on tips and comission to boost your wage.

Make it the way it used to be.
    Review managers pay when they ask, I've not had a pay rise in 5 years when I know the senior management have.
    Some salons needs to be invested in and refurbished

Its a good place to start off but not a lot of room for growth

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

alot of walk ins
    tips
    good coworkers

Cons

hard to get a race

A continuosly sinking company

I worked at Regis Corporation

Pros

The stylists i worked with were great and we worked well together as a team, no thanks to corporate or upper management

Cons

I worked for a Regis salon for 2 years before i was terminated for what the company perceived as wrong doing. Regis is now attacking individual stylists using scare tactics via corporate phone calls that corner stylists, making them feel their job is secure if they go along with what they're saying. They set up a payment plan for the stylists according to what the company calculates they lost due to discounted services and special circumstances that corporate has no concern about as many of them know nothing about hair. As soon as they have you make a downpayment on the plan they had you sign along with your bank or credit card number, you will be
    suspended for a couple of days and terminated a couple of days later and ordered to pay.
    By the way, if you find yourself in that situation, do not sign anything or answer their interrogation, because it's all bogus until you sign. You will not be keeping your job any way you look at it if you get on a corporate call with a leader present.
    We were a salon of 8, they did this scare tactic to myself and the manager of the salon and 7 of us left along with our clientelle because the environment became too unbearable work in. Because of the way the company went about things, they took a salon that consistantly reached 98% of service and product goals and took it down to zilch.
    This company is great to work for if you enjoy an environment where you're made to feel like you'll never do anything right by upper management and love working for low pay and benefits.

Grow up, start appreciating your stylists, look for another job...i've read plenty of reviews about Regis and nobody at any level is safe or secure in their position.
    For corporate: you better start trying smarter tactics to earn your bottom dollar before you run every salon into the ground and nobody has a job

The company makes you feel not good enough.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The ONLY pro is if your right out of beauty school and want more training then it's offered (yet im still to see that)

Cons

They make it impossible to get a raise. Always telling you it's there and if you want it bad enough you will hit the numbers. ( which you can work 7 days a week and 12 hour shifts and still not come close)
    You can work as hard as you possibly can and still be told your not doing enough.
    The hours are not good but would be exceptable if you were getting paid good.
    Learn what you can and move on!!!

Appreciate your employees. Their loyal and they bring you money but everyone comes to a point when being lied to and unappreciated just simply takes its toll on a person!

Horrible.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

There are nice coworkers suffering the same as you.

Cons

hmmmm where do I start...
    1. The pay SUCKS. 350$ a paycheck when I'm bringing 1,300+ in service sales?! How is that even fair?! I can't live off that?! I worked 2 jobs and still had to get food stamps to keep myself going. God for bid you went over 30 hours they had a cow! Not to mention the more hours you have the suckier your pay per hour is. If I ever saw a person from the company headquarters come in my salon I would make them NEVER want to work for Regis ever again, using a very not nice choice of vocabulary.
    2. Blackout days. You mean after I worked for your crappy company for a year and earned my vacation time, I can't take it anytime I want?July 3rd is blackout. No fourth of July vacation. Forget about visiting relatives out of state on Christmas, BLACKOUT.
    3. Fridays and Saturdays. I'm 19, and not once since I've started did I get a Friday or Saturday night off since I started a year and a half ago. Surely this would be the managers crappy discretion. But seriously? You think its fair to make me close EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY DAMN WEEKEND OF MY LIFE.
    4. WIG. I can't stand it. You seriously want me to track every time I reccomend a product. Or every time I capture an email? I'm sorry but I'm too busy WORKING to worry about stupid stuff like that. How the hell am I supposed to remember how many people I've mentioned product

moral of the story is, I'm so glad I put my two weeks in. I'm sick of working my butt off and getting nothing in return. If the salon isn't busy, say goodbye to your paychecks. I feel like I got paid more at McDonalds than I did here. If I have to bust my butt working two jobs and still need assistance to put food in my mouth this obviously isn't the right place to be. Maybe if you have a super rich boyfriend that pays for everything for you, but if you are out on your own with no help, then forget about even considering going shopping for yourself. This job sucks and I'm so glad I will no longer be a part of their failure company.

Get off your high horse and realize what you are doing to people. Karma will get you. I hope all the money youre getting paid to sit on your butt and unfairly pay and make rules for an industry you know nothing about was worth it. People quit hirdressing after working for this place. Congrats on being scams and making people hate their profession.

Regis Corporation Photos