Regis Corporation

www.regiscorp.com

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014
Regis Corporation – Scottsdale – “Pretty Basic”

Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan

Daniel J. Hanrahan

Pros
  • Great culture with an emphasis on work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• paid vacation, although it's minimum wage it's better than nothing(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The lack of communication to the level 1 teams from upper management sure didn't help(in 20 reviews)

• I dislike making minimum wage or commission whichever is higher(in 18 reviews)

All Corporate

Salon Manager (Current Employee) Bangor, ME (US)

ProsSteady walk in business. vacation pay

Conspoor health insurance, extreme corporate pressures, work weekends and some holidays,

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your stylists with respect. don't treat us as children

Great place to work, good life/work balance

Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) Edina, MN (US)

ProsFree Lunch, stocked fridge, good life/work balance

Cons24/7/365, sometimes have to work holidays, low pay, little training, steep learning curve

Advice to Senior Managementneed more support for employees

Fun experience

Drafter (Former Employee) Edina, MN (US)

ProsGet to see what your actually drawing in the field

ConsEverything is good, there's nothing that needs change

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

ProsFree Lunch but small lunch room

ConsParking is hectic in the morning

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate and automate

WORSE SALON FRANCHISE TO WORK FOR IN HISTORY!!!!

Stylist (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsOnly two good things, Good customers , great way to build then leave and take them with you!!!!!

ConsThey fire and hire back the same stylist that are rude and don't like to work. Hours are crap and the pay scale sucked. if you want to build start here and then leave after 2 years. In the 80's they cared about their stylist but now it is all about QUANITY NOT QUALITY!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDO AS YOU SAID NOT AS YOU DO......PAY YOUR STYLIST MORE AND TREAT THEM LIKE PEOPLE .. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD STAND BEHIND THE CHAIR ALL DAY AND SEE HOW HARD THEY WORK...THEN YOU CAN JUDGE..........

POS IT Helpdesk

IT POS Helpdesk (Former Employee) Edina, MN (US)

ProsGood place to start if you are new to the field. The job itself lets you learn basic troubleshooting skills which can help you later at different jobs. They got free food, which is good, and the bathrooms are clean.

ConsTerrible management for the POS helpdesk. The supervisors and team leads aren't qualified to do their jobs. Everything seemed so disorganized, and this is NOT something you want in IT. The lack of communication to the level 1 teams from upper management sure didn't help. The only thing that mattered to them was the "KPI" we get at the end of each month, and how much time we spend on "ready" and not paperwork. When the knowledge base they have is a piece of crap, of course most people will be spending time on "paperwork" because most of the time it takes longer to find the KB number than to fix the actual issue due to poor programming of their KB search. The pay is also very bad for the amount of work level 1 has to do. Everyday was a headache because of the stress they put on you to "stay in ready" or "GET ON LIVE ASAP". It's ridiculous, and not only that, NO DIRECT FEEDBACK from management to you because they don't care what your opinions are.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more qualified supervisors, promote team leads that actually know what they are doing, actually TRAIN your employees, 2 days of viewing power points does not count as any kind of training.

boy have they changed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey used to care not anymore

Conscorp. not organized keep changing

Advice to Senior Managementget organized and know what you are doing

If you're into being over worked, under paid, and used, then you will love it

Salon Manager (Former Employee) Savannah, GA (US)

ProsWalk in clients, health insurance, incentive points

Consupper management has no idea how to do hair most of the time, or they are out of touch with stylists needs. They won't hesitate to step on you to get ahead. Aaaaaaand don't ever think you are having a private call. Because they will share and give you up when you asked to remain anonymous.
    Pretty much it isn't worth the headache to work here. They don't care about you.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to do hair. Listen to what we need. And optimized schedules Do not work

still on government assistance after working for Regis for 15 years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsWill hire anyone with a license, reguardless of skills.
    Located everywhere
    Good products to work with.

ConsYou have to work nights and you have to work weekends per corporate. This company only cares about the numbers. Pay scale is designed to make Regis money. Corporate promises raises, but doesn't come through, only strings you along. Screws you out of vacation pay. Guaranteed pay is only minimum wage, and is frowned upon and could get you let go and I've seen people get talked into quitting so they wouldn't have to fire so they wouldn't have to pay unemployment. I would never advise someone to work at any Regis location or any of their other salons. They are the most greedy company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvise to take a course in ethics.

Overall Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsGreat work/life balance, family atmosphere, free lunch, fun industry.

ConsSalary - raises were hardly 2% if anything. Lack of support in IT and outdated technology. Upper management not willing to try new things - with new CEO things are changing but it will take time to put Regis back where it was back in the day. Terrible health insurance!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the basics of the salon industry. Spend a little money to get current with technology both in the salons and in the corporate office and don't be afraid to spend a little money to retain good people.

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!