Regis Corporation
www.regiscorp.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014
Regis Corporation – Scottsdale – “Pretty Basic”

Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan

Daniel J. Hanrahan

Pros:
  • "Great culture with an emphasis on work/life balance"
    in 5 reviews
  • "paid vacation, although it's minimum wage it's better than nothing"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "The lack of communication to the level 1 teams from upper management sure didn't help"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Minimum wage as a base salary with no chance of reaching a decent commission rate"
    in 16 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time

ProsFree Lunch but small lunch room

ConsParking is hectic in the morning

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate and automate

WORSE SALON FRANCHISE TO WORK FOR IN HISTORY!!!!

STYLIST (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOnly two good things, Good customers , great way to build then leave and take them with you!!!!!

ConsThey fire and hire back the same stylist that are rude and don't like to work. Hours are crap and the pay scale sucked. if you want to build start here and then leave after 2 years. In the 80's they cared about their stylist but now it is all about QUANITY NOT QUALITY!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDO AS YOU SAID NOT AS YOU DO......PAY YOUR STYLIST MORE AND TREAT THEM LIKE PEOPLE .. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD STAND BEHIND THE CHAIR ALL DAY AND SEE HOW HARD THEY WORK...THEN YOU CAN JUDGE..........

POS IT Helpdesk

IT POS Helpdesk (Former Employee)
Edina, MN (US)

I worked at Regis Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGood place to start if you are new to the field. The job itself lets you learn basic troubleshooting skills which can help you later at different jobs. They got free food, which is good, and the bathrooms are clean.

ConsTerrible management for the POS helpdesk. The supervisors and team leads aren't qualified to do their jobs. Everything seemed so disorganized, and this is NOT something you want in IT. The lack of communication to the level 1 teams from upper management sure didn't help. The only thing that mattered to them was the "KPI" we get at the end of each month, and how much time we spend on "ready" and not paperwork. When the knowledge base they have is a piece of crap, of course most people will be spending time on "paperwork" because most of the time it takes longer to find the KB number than to fix the actual issue due to poor programming of their KB search. The pay is also very bad for the amount of work level 1 has to do. Everyday was a headache because of the stress they put on you to "stay in ready" or "GET ON LIVE ASAP". It's ridiculous, and not only that, NO DIRECT FEEDBACK from management to you because they don't care what your opinions are.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more qualified supervisors, promote team leads that actually know what they are doing, actually TRAIN your employees, 2 days of viewing power points does not count as any kind of training.

boy have they changed

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthey used to care not anymore

Conscorp. not organized keep changing

Advice to Senior Managementget organized and know what you are doing

If you're into being over worked, under paid, and used, then you will love it

Salon Manager (Former Employee)
Savannah, GA (US)

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWalk in clients, health insurance, incentive points

Consupper management has no idea how to do hair most of the time, or they are out of touch with stylists needs. They won't hesitate to step on you to get ahead. Aaaaaaand don't ever think you are having a private call. Because they will share and give you up when you asked to remain anonymous.
Pretty much it isn't worth the headache to work here. They don't care about you.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to do hair. Listen to what we need. And optimized schedules Do not work

still on government assistance after working for Regis for 15 years

Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWill hire anyone with a license, reguardless of skills.
Located everywhere
Good products to work with.

ConsYou have to work nights and you have to work weekends per corporate. This company only cares about the numbers. Pay scale is designed to make Regis money. Corporate promises raises, but doesn't come through, only strings you along. Screws you out of vacation pay. Guaranteed pay is only minimum wage, and is frowned upon and could get you let go and I've seen people get talked into quitting so they wouldn't have to fire so they wouldn't have to pay unemployment. I would never advise someone to work at any Regis location or any of their other salons. They are the most greedy company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvise to take a course in ethics.

The Smart Ones will leave after 1-3 months

Level I POS Support (Current Employee)
Edina, MN (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat entry level for students out of college.
remote access to salon site where you fix the issue by yourself.
Lots of experience to learned from.
Communication and writing is the number one thing I can not stress from working at this place.

ConsThe leads here are the worst. They themselves do not even know the supersalon issues to the point where if you asked them for help, they will direct you to a HPK article for troubleshooting references.
What do that show to me? It shows that the leads there were chosen randomly with no IT background.
Lastly the super-visors, being on paperwork for 5 min. plus doesn't mean that we are wasting corporate's pay, we are SPEANDING THOSE 5 MIN PLUS JUST TO LOOK FOR A HPK ID number.
With the lack of training, me and the people that started together only got 2 days of training and went live afterward.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know, instead of directing your level 1 support to HPK, tell your level 1 support how to fix the issue.
The problem is not HPK, it is that level 1 support already spent enough time to where they came to YOU, the leads and Super-visors just to get directed back to HPK.

Overall Good

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat work/life balance, family atmosphere, free lunch, fun industry.

ConsSalary - raises were hardly 2% if anything. Lack of support in IT and outdated technology. Upper management not willing to try new things - with new CEO things are changing but it will take time to put Regis back where it was back in the day. Terrible health insurance!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the basics of the salon industry. Spend a little money to get current with technology both in the salons and in the corporate office and don't be afraid to spend a little money to retain good people.

famous hair- Regis salon

Manager (Current Employee)
Canton, OH (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Prosroom for growth.. don't have to "get" your own customers.. all of your supplies are supplied.

Conssalon services/ products only caters to European hair textures. micro management in salons. since under new ownership (Regis) salons have been undergoing SEVERAL changes.

Advice to Senior Managementmoney is not everything.. some people can be so money hungry and unpersonable I think they sometimes forget to take care of employees

moving up = less tech, more exec, but low-level mgmt = awesome. Bottom line: move on as quickly as possible!

Help Desk Analyst I (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for less than a year

Proslow-level mgmt is down-to-earth
good entry-level experience with help desk 1 and basic network troubleshooting
free food all three meals (gets a bit repetitive)

Consvertical/lateral transitions are difficult
exec to mgmt to help desk communication is consistently poor and inconsiderate
very low pay

Advice to Senior Managementblindly striving to put more money in your pocket damages the work environments of everyone else and hence your own...

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regis Corporation reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan. All 184 reviews are posted anonymously by Regis Corporation employees.