Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 11 September, 2014
Updated 11 September, 2014
3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place, good people, company that cares about employees & gives back to community

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Work with a great group of people. Company really cares about employees & gives back to community. Employees have opportunities to give back also. Lots of perks. Totally different software development environment than other companies. Pace is slower and less stress.

Cons

Separation of areas and some people not willing to work with other groups. Frustrations with people in other groups not doing their jobs which affects you. In past some mgrs hired friends who were not qualified and still employed. Some processes made more complicated with multiple applications and lack of integration.

Promote within. Use talent w/in company or hire more and stop using so many contractors.

Worst Experience (For me, at least)

Former Employee - Teller  in  Montgomery, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Montgomery, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, closed on all nationally recognized holidays, the pay (if you don't have a family and no real bills to pay, such as credit card debts, student loans,etc. If you live in an apartment, by yourself, with only the cable, power and water bills to pay, then the pay is pretty decent. Other wise, it would be a con). That's pretty much it.

Cons

Management, coworkers, RUDE customers, the pressure and stress of getting a customer to get a credit card or loan, etc. Management and coworkers alike treated me like crap for some reason ( I was told it was because they were jealous, but I don't know why they would be jealous of me). Basically, you have to be friends with the management (at the particular branch I worked at) in order for them to treat you with respect. I came to work TO work, not to make friends. The training process was too short. 1 week of reading a whole bunch of crap, and the other week was training at your branch before they just throw you to the wolves.

Treat all employees with respect, not just the ones you're "friends" with. Make the training process at a branch at least 1 month to ensure that a new hire will have everything down pact. Oh, and stop stealing money (oh yes, most of the management and 1 employee got fired for stealing money at the branch I worked at. One of them even stole a check from my work area and tried to say I had it or lost it)

Great

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

It was a very exciting first career job

Cons

Some of the systems they used are dated.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Bad

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist II  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist II in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company does care about their employees. Work/life balance.

Cons

Micromanagement, unrealistic expecations for sales quotas

I thought I had a career opportunity with a wonderful company.

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working day shift.

Cons

High turnover rate! I was terminated for using an earned "evergreen day".

Have consideration for people who are there to earn a living, I have lost my home, my car, my income because of using my evergreen day...I'm sorry I thought it was earned...

It was an ok experience nothing really to exciting.

Current Employee - Teller  in  DFW, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in DFW, TX (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

When you leave for the day you are done.

Cons

Very Boring and for the DFW certain branches can have almost no traffic which makes it very difficult to get referrals.

Shifting Landscape - Small Bank to Large Bank

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solid training program. Decent benefits. Some banking perks but nothing that is out of the ordinary. Depending on the leadership, can create a community banking feel in large markets.

Cons

Constantly shifting focuses take away from the training provided. Programs and goals set from headquarters with not much consideration for different markets it operates in.

Market specific goals and programs would help to compete in each market.

Questionable leadership and decision-making.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, training and benefits, but production goals are unrealistic.

Cons

The computer system is slow and antiquated and takes valuable time away from trying to hit the unrealistic sales goals. Turnover of staff, from tellers to business bankers, is very high compared to other banks and an observant person can see that management is the reason why the staff is nervous and unhappy. Mistakes, no matter how inconsequential, are not forgiven and will be held against you. Hard work and good performance does little to reverse the damage. Do not voice concerns to management, even when they ask you for your honest feedback, because it will come back to bite you. Gossip is prevalent, management does little to discourage it, and is sometimes the source of it. As a whole, the company is good and these comments are reflective of the dysfunctional Orlando management.

Be aware the company policy such as, "do the right thing" applies to them as well.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company putos people first. The work environment is great. Great management. I love it here. It is a great company to build a career. Though I don't have every luxury, I have everything that I need in order to be successful and have a fulfilling career here.It's the best bank that I have worked for.

Cons

I am happy with my compensation, though I have heard others say that it is average.

Regions is a very nice place to work!

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Hoover, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Hoover, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great personal and professional growth opportunities. Competitive compensation. Very much committed to promoting from within and developing leaders internally. Friendly yet professional work atmosphere.

Cons

Benefits are just average. Can't really think of any other cons.

Management needs to be more willing to listen to associates and not be so narrow minded. Think out of the box and be a little more open to change even if it means a bit more risk.

Regions Financial Photos

Branch

+ Add Photo

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!