Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 11 September, 2014
Updated 11 September, 2014
3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall, I learned alot working at Regions and enjoyed what I did!

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Lafayette, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Lafayette, LA (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is tons of opportunity for advancement with locations throughout the country if you should need to relocate.

Cons

The upper management could care less about what is happening on a local basis. They are very slow to respond to anything.

Learn to train employees, no matter the position, in a better way. The current training program for new tellers is basically done on the computer in 3 days time.

It was great up until the last manager took over.

Former Employee - Special Assets Officer
    Former Employee - Special Assets Officer

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits! Work well with family situations and seem to really be concerned when things aren't right at home.

Cons

Too much of management tell you what to do instead of knowing what to do. I was under approximately 5 managers within a year. Instead of getting to know who worked for them they always came in with a "hammer/nail" type mentality. When things went wrong, instead of accepting blame they were quick to pass the blame around and if the blame ever fell on them they would find a way to make the blame yours regardless so there is no use in reporting anything.

Please pay attention to the morale in the department. I was there a year and physically witnessed over 20 employees leave from one department. I was there for almost ten years and I left. I also witnessed 3 people suffer from a nervous breakdown. Not a good environment at all!!! At least not anymore.

Ups and Downs

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The benefits are outstanding. Regions offers 12 sick days per calendar year and vacation starts at two weeks, moving up to four weeks, based off of length of employment.

Cons

The company is very reliant on the "good ole boy" system. Internal applicants are given false hopes of internal advancement, yet overlooked when the time does actually come. Much like in college fraternities, it's all about who your family and friends are, that decide how high your ceiling is. Internal candidates are encouraged to give ideas and ask questions, yet when they do, they are looked down upon and in some cases reprimanded.

Look into what management is doing in certain departments. The good ole boy system is going to eventually cause certain areas to face difficult times. If an upper management position has cycled through countless people in just a few short years, then the problem is the person hiring. Not the person getting continuously ran out.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tedious

Former Employee - Teller  in  Huntsville, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Huntsville, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial part-time for more than a year

Pros

decent pay but not for everyone

Cons

management is not the best

Hire better

Overall good company

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

good benefits, good coworkers, great training. Good company overall at national level.

Cons

Advancement may be slow. Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen... Have been told one thing and another thing happens. All depends on local upper management.

Great Company, Strong Leadership

Former Employee - Compliance Officer  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Compliance Officer in Birmingham, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits, Great Atmosphere, Above average Compensation. Good Structure and you know what to expect.

Cons

Promotions can be political. Employees in the production side could be more respected.

HR processes could be much more efficient. Treat inside employment candidates as equal as outside candidates.

Good opportunities if you work at it

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is pretty good all around, from service, to regulations, to sales.
    Back office puts together generally good campaign lead lists to call for sales which can greatly benefit the customer.
    You have the potential to help people and make a bit of commission, but you have to use the tools that the company provides to do the work.
    Good support from inside the company between branch management and help line.
    Company seems to always be growing and making a profit.
    Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move.
    Sometimes they have sales contests for paid time off.

Cons

You can potentially spend a lot of time on the phone calling for sales. Management pushes sales hard. A lot of the work can feel like a waste of time. It's customer service, so you end up dealing with a lot of unhappy customers. Experiences are different in different locations.

Make sure that all the things you ask of your employees are actually useful to accomplishing your company goals.

*Company wants something for nothing*

Former Employee - Teller  in  Natchez, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Natchez, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial part-time for more than a year

Pros

Gives you customer service experience.

Cons

As a teller, you will make $50 a day. When you begin, you will have to wait a month to get paid. You will have to go out of town to the headquarters three different times.

This job is very micromanaged. The head teller is a Nazi. She is always looking over your shoulder, ready for you to mess up, so she can write you up. From the date you get written up, you have to wait a whole year before applying for a better position. It is very easy to get written up.
    You will have about a 150 plus transactions a day. There will be many times that you will be shorthanded because of vacation, sickness, etc. The day after Christmas, there were only two tellers working!

And they got upset, when I was over a dollar! They chastised me over a dollar. They expect you and the head teller to look for it, when you are trying to get out the door.

What tops it off, the bank will not even give their employees a bonus. They will NOT even give their tellers a $100 to show us some appreciation.

Wonderful company to work for.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Professional atmosphere with great chance for advancement. Bonus structure. Great working conditions and facilities.

Cons

Industry is changing through no fault of Regions Bank and most of the customers coming into the bank are those of lower incomes, with problems or with overdrawn accounts which they don't feel are their fault.

Great place, good people, company that cares about employees & gives back to community

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Work with a great group of people. Company really cares about employees & gives back to community. Employees have opportunities to give back also. Lots of perks. Totally different software development environment than other companies. Pace is slower and less stress.

Cons

Separation of areas and some people not willing to work with other groups. Frustrations with people in other groups not doing their jobs which affects you. In past some mgrs hired friends who were not qualified and still employed. Some processes made more complicated with multiple applications and lack of integration.

Promote within. Use talent w/in company or hire more and stop using so many contractors.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!