Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 19 November, 2014
Updated 19 November, 2014
3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 20 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management is afraid to ask what the specific goals of upper management are (in 22 reviews)

• Can be very aggressive with pushing sales goals (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company. Great part-time experience. Fair compensation. Hard work is rewarded.

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Regions Financial part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Clear referral incentives and bonus dollars
    -Valuable training and skill-building
    -Easy to stand out, plenty of opportunities for advancement
    -Phenomenal upper management
    -Time off and financial incentive for charitable work

Cons

-Questionable products (Ready Advance)
    -High referral requirements relative to comparable institutions
    -Heavily regulated industry
    -Agressive fee structure on accounts yields negative customer feedback
    -Little investment in the community

Work for the good of the employee, customer, and community, not the shareholder.

Customer and employee oriented, and overall great company to work for.

Current Employee - Teller in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Time off policies are amazing, as they offer an allotment that is more than sufficient to delineate work from personal life. Office culture is parallel of a "can do, Will do, Teamwork type of environment."

Cons

Limited locations throughout United States.

Grow and expand company to advance taking footprint.

ok

Current Employee - Teller in Ridgeland, MS (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Ridgeland, MS (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible with work and life

Cons

horrible pay…no recognition…have to be great with customers

recognize employers

Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers are great, decent benefits. Plenty of time off. Good work life balance.

Cons

Huge disconnection between upper management and associates out in the branches. Constantly changing goals, focuses, and directions. Waste too much time and money on initiatives that are not beneficial. Performance management program constantly puts the question of job security in the back of your mind.

Long time employee(12 years) saw culture deteriorate during economic crisis

I worked at Regions Financial (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work with for many years. Great incentive plan for top producers. Competitive benefits package. Positive work environment.

Cons

Sales culture was disconnected from the published mission statement. Local management was actively involved however provided little support during sales process.

Need to structure incentive plans to retain top producers and not penalize for times when "rest of the company did not achieve performance sales goals".

Great teams, and friendships built with co-workers because of severe understaffing.

Former Employee - Teller in Cedar Falls, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Cedar Falls, IA (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My co-workers were great. Very supportive and team oriented.

Cons

Absolute HR mess. Branches were ran by teller's because the hiring process is so slow. The manager's that were brought in were inexperienced and unproductive. It took over 2 years for the company to hire an Area President and over 18 months for there to be a Consumer Sales Manager hired (who was fired a month later). I graduated college and put an application in for promotion before looking elsewhere for employment. My first interview came the same day I told my boss I have an offer from another bank. I was then offered 4k less and told to make it up by selling insurance.

Take HR and hiring seriously, there should not be staffing issues when there are less than 10 branches in the entire state.

working for regions has been ok. nothing special, nothing to be proud of.

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pay is done immediately, you get solid 8am to 5pm hours and federal holidays.

Cons

salary, unreasonable expectations. if you are not a sales oriented person you are in the wrong field as a banker in this company.

pay better.

Was very flexible with school

Former Employee - Proof Operator in Birmingham, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Proof Operator in Birmingham, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was very flexible with school. I was able to attend school full time and work full time.

Cons

I was not able to advance after I received my Accounting degree. I had to obtain a job outside the organization.

I hated it there no opportunities to move up unless you are kissing some......

Former Employee - Corporate in Hoover, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Corporate in Hoover, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything about Regions sucks this is a horrible company to work for or do business with

Cons

There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all

train your managers not to suck

Great place to work if your highly organized and expect to be underpaid.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, vacation time, and transferability if you choose to move somewhere else and want to transfer with the company. Health insurance is great as Regions is able to self-fund their health insurance so employees do not have to fear massive increases in premiums. In fact, from 2013-2014, premiums didn't rise at all! Family health insurance premiums are the same for any # of children so if you have 2 or more children, this is a great company to work for. Regions has made a terrific effort in creating opportunities and training for internal advancement. (please see cons of this)

Cons

If you are promoted internally, be sure you will be making thousands less than someone hired externally, and not just for a little while, but for years. Most Branch Managers promoted internally start out making in the low to mid 40,000's while those hired externally (which similar or even less experience) typically make in the 50k's from day one. Regions knows they have very competitive benefits and it shows in their salaries. The saying, "there is no such thing as a free lunch" rings true here. Basically, if you just want to earn more money and benefits are not as important you will be better off working for a smaller bank and vice versa. If you need good benefits Regions may be a better fit.

Simplify your business model and stop expanding into something new every year. It is very difficult to extend excellent customer service and be an expert on over one hundred products and processes that are constantly being updated and added to. Also, adjust your goaling on your tellers as not every teller can achieve the same #. Just walk through random branches and you will be able to tell that they all operate differently.

Regions Financial Photos