Regions Financial

www.regions.com

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Good opportunities if you work at it

Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsTraining is pretty good all around, from service, to regulations, to sales.
    Back office puts together generally good campaign lead lists to call for sales which can greatly benefit the customer.
    You have the potential to help people and make a bit of commission, but you have to use the tools that the company provides to do the work.
    Good support from inside the company between branch management and help line.
    Company seems to always be growing and making a profit.
    Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move.
    Sometimes they have sales contests for paid time off.

ConsYou can potentially spend a lot of time on the phone calling for sales. Management pushes sales hard. A lot of the work can feel like a waste of time. It's customer service, so you end up dealing with a lot of unhappy customers. Experiences are different in different locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that all the things you ask of your employees are actually useful to accomplishing your company goals.

Worst Company to work for.

Teller (Former Employee) Natchez, MS (US)

ProsGives you customer service experience.

ConsAs a teller, you will make $50 a day. When you begin, you will have to wait a month to get paid. You will have to go out of town to the headquarters three different times.

This job is very micromanaged. The head teller is a Nazi. She is always looking over your shoulder, ready for you to mess up, so she can write you up. From the date you get written up, you have to wait a whole year before applying for a better position. It is very easy to get written up.
    You will have about a 150 plus transactions a day. There will be many times that you will be shorthanded because of vacation, sickness, etc. The day after Christmas, there were only two tellers working!

And they got upset, when I was over a dollar! They chastised me over a dollar. They expect you and the head teller to look for it, when you are trying to get out the door.

Worst Experience (For me, at least)

Teller (Former Employee) Montgomery, AL (US)

ProsGood Benefits, closed on all nationally recognized holidays, the pay (if you don't have a family and no real bills to pay, such as credit card debts, student loans,etc. If you live in an apartment, by yourself, with only the cable, power and water bills to pay, then the pay is pretty decent. Other wise, it would be a con). That's pretty much it.

ConsManagement, coworkers, RUDE customers, the pressure and stress of getting a customer to get a credit card or loan, etc. Management and coworkers alike treated me like crap for some reason ( I was told it was because they were jealous, but I don't know why they would be jealous of me). Basically, you have to be friends with the management (at the particular branch I worked at) in order for them to treat you with respect. I came to work TO work, not to make friends. The training process was too short. 1 week of reading a whole bunch of crap, and the other week was training at your branch before they just throw you to the wolves.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with respect, not just the ones you're "friends" with. Make the training process at a branch at least 1 month to ensure that a new hire will have everything down pact. Oh, and stop stealing money (oh yes, most of the management and 1 employee got fired for stealing money at the branch I worked at. One of them even stole a check from my work area and tried to say I had it or lost it)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really is the former AmSouth Bank and not the old Regions Bank.

ProsGood benefits, lots of vacation and government holidays, most employee interaction is helpful and friendly

ConsThis bank is really AmSouth Bank and not the old Regions, they are not willing to let go of the old AmSouth ways, polices, computer programs and Regions did some of those things better. The former AmSouth employees seem to get favoritism, especially in management positions or promotions. Hours can be inflexible at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go of all the AmSouth stuff and adopt new policies.

Don't work here.

ProsMade a lot of friends on the job.

ConsHorrible scheduling.
    Stupid policies.
    Regional Manager was the worst person I ever met in my life.

Tedious

Teller (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

Prosdecent pay but not for everyone

Consmanagement is not the best

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better

Ups and Downs

ProsThe benefits are outstanding. Regions offers 12 sick days per calendar year and vacation starts at two weeks, moving up to four weeks, based off of length of employment.

ConsThe company is very reliant on the "good ole boy" system. Internal applicants are given false hopes of internal advancement, yet overlooked when the time does actually come. Much like in college fraternities, it's all about who your family and friends are, that decide how high your ceiling is. Internal candidates are encouraged to give ideas and ask questions, yet when they do, they are looked down upon and in some cases reprimanded.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into what management is doing in certain departments. The good ole boy system is going to eventually cause certain areas to face difficult times. If an upper management position has cycled through countless people in just a few short years, then the problem is the person hiring. Not the person getting continuously ran out.

Overall, I learned alot working at Regions and enjoyed what I did!

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Lafayette, LA (US)

ProsThere is tons of opportunity for advancement with locations throughout the country if you should need to relocate.

ConsThe upper management could care less about what is happening on a local basis. They are very slow to respond to anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to train employees, no matter the position, in a better way. The current training program for new tellers is basically done on the computer in 3 days time.

It was great up until the last manager took over.

Special Assets Officer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits! Work well with family situations and seem to really be concerned when things aren't right at home.

ConsToo much of management tell you what to do instead of knowing what to do. I was under approximately 5 managers within a year. Instead of getting to know who worked for them they always came in with a "hammer/nail" type mentality. When things went wrong, instead of accepting blame they were quick to pass the blame around and if the blame ever fell on them they would find a way to make the blame yours regardless so there is no use in reporting anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay attention to the morale in the department. I was there a year and physically witnessed over 20 employees leave from one department. I was there for almost ten years and I left. I also witnessed 3 people suffer from a nervous breakdown. Not a good environment at all!!! At least not anymore.

It was an ok experience nothing really to exciting.

Teller (Current Employee) DFW, TX (US)

ProsWhen you leave for the day you are done.

ConsVery Boring and for the DFW certain branches can have almost no traffic which makes it very difficult to get referrals.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!