Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 23 October, 2014
Updated 23 October, 2014
3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 20 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management is afraid to ask what the specific goals of upper management are (in 22 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Great teams, and friendships built with co-workers because of severe understaffing.

Former Employee - Teller in Cedar Falls, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Cedar Falls, IA (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My co-workers were great. Very supportive and team oriented.

Cons

Absolute HR mess. Branches were ran by teller's because the hiring process is so slow. The manager's that were brought in were inexperienced and unproductive. It took over 2 years for the company to hire an Area President and over 18 months for there to be a Consumer Sales Manager hired (who was fired a month later). I graduated college and put an application in for promotion before looking elsewhere for employment. My first interview came the same day I told my boss I have an offer from another bank. I was then offered 4k less and told to make it up by selling insurance.

Take HR and hiring seriously, there should not be staffing issues when there are less than 10 branches in the entire state.

working for regions has been ok. nothing special, nothing to be proud of.

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pay is done immediately, you get solid 8am to 5pm hours and federal holidays.

Cons

salary, unreasonable expectations. if you are not a sales oriented person you are in the wrong field as a banker in this company.

pay better.

I hated it there no opportunities to move up unless you are kissing some......

Former Employee - Corporate in Hoover, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Corporate in Hoover, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything about Regions sucks this is a horrible company to work for or do business with

Cons

There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all

train your managers not to suck

Great place to work if you live in Alabama or Tennessee

I have been working at Regions Financial (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love Regions company values

Cons

Banking has slowed down a lot due to online and mobile banking but the goals keep rising. Its discouraging when you go from meeting goals every quarter to barely or never meeting them. Its especially difficult when you live/work in a low-income, high-poverty area.

Certain people in management need to review the company values and learn how to encourage the team rather than discourage them with a bad attitude all the time. Regions used to be a fun place to work, I loved Regions! Now, it feels like you were walking into a funeral every, single day. My co-workers are great but something needs to change with senior management. We are constantly being micro-managed and threatened to be written up.

Experience varies depending on branch(manager)

Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sales goals for tellers aren't as difficult as other banks. Good support and tools provided. Depends on branch/manager if you will be happy.

Cons

Not nationwide, not up to speed with technology. Some branches have managers that are more concerned with themselves than the team.

Management varies from branch to branch- not everyone is up to par.

Great financial company in the Southeast

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Regions has a great corporate culture and continues to develop as a regional bank with a bright future. If you are willing to work hard developing as a professional, you can advance within the organization.

Cons

Management at times can be slightly dislocated from the employees in the markets. Expense tightening has also some departures and additional responsibility for those currently at Regions.

Great people but a little behind

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Great support from managers and those that have been with the company. lots of training to get you up to speed and continued support.

Cons

Some systems seem outdated and slows down processes. Needs to look at what other institutions offer and catch up to the times.

Keep encouraging and supporting

Great place

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

If banking is your fit then Regions is a great place to start.

Cons

As with any job there is small cons to this company

Great place to work while in school

Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at Regions Financial part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Experience in customer service,well -rounded employment standards

Cons

Depends on which branch you work for will decide if you will have a great experience or negative experience

Great leadership and team Managment

Lackluster at best

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

...next question. Do not apply for the contact center, very political.

Cons

Career development is based soley on who you connect with in the company, instead of raw talent and proven results.

Develop your employees. Create a career development plan from the fisrt week of hire and document their success.

Regions Financial Photos