Regions Financial
www.regions.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros:
  • "Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Competitive benefits and good work life balance"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management is disconnected from its workers at the branch level"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Sales goals can be a little unrealistic sometimes"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Relationship Banker

I have been working at Regions Financial

ProsGreat benefits, competitive salary, bonus opportunities, casual but professional atmosphere to work in

ConsBenefits come at a pricey cost, management can seem unattainable at times

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to keep your involvement with the lower levels at a maximum. A disengaged management team does not leave the desired impression that first level employees want.

Over worked and under paid!!!!

Teller (Former Employee)
Jackson, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsHolidays and weekends off, PTO, and benefits

ConsToo pushy with goals, work load is too heavy, management just cares about profit not people!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to work like a slave, be pushed to sell unrealistic goals, work with no voice or options, looked over for the great things because of small things. and get paid the bottom of the barrel then Regions is the place for you! Regions has lost sight of caring for the customer and their employees and only focus on profit. Working at a small less busy branch or working for a fair manager may save you some grief but not much. I have never been so stressed out by a job in my life! I will never work for Regions again. JUST SAY NO AND FIND ANOTHER JOB! Save yourself the headache!!

Good people, tough industry

Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee)
Hattiesburg, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people and managers there really care about their employees. When hard times come, they are generous in trying to let the person take time off as appropriate. Also everyone I met was very ethical and kept the focus of how can we best help the customer.

ConsIndustry is in constant change, so new rules all the time. Banks in general do not pay very much (at least at the general staff level). Potential for higher income in management.

Not competitive with Salary or Incentive compared to other banks

Teller Supervisor/BOR (Former Employee)
Slidell, LA (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsThey offer fairly affordable benefits and promote from within a good part of the time.

ConsAs I mentioned they are not competitive salary or incentive wise compared to other large banks in the market. Not very good work / life balance concern. Incentive plan constantly changing making it nearly impossible to get. Audit branch wise regarding compliance is a nightmare......with ROMs breathing down the branch's neck (oh the ROB box) it creates a very stressful work environment especially in a high volume branch.

Good Start for your career

I have been working at Regions Financial

ProsBenefits are great with this company

ConsBe prepared to solicit and develop business

As with anything there are good and bad points.

Teller (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial part-time for more than a year

ProsI loved the people at the branch I worked in. We had a very great manager always out there and working hard for customers. Paid Holidays are great. Slow paced and easy work.

ConsPrevious manager did not work and had tellers doing her job. The is no room to grow. There is a lot of unfair practices favoring higher ups. Personal items were not safe and often gone through. Out of the six tellers I know, all were on assistance programs and/or had a second job because the pay is so low. Sales goals are impossible to reach. Lots of drama within the branches internally and externally. The systems are slow and there are too many to use thus taking too long for decent customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the values stated by Regions. Put people first by caring about the lower worker bees. Increase pay and help out. Do what is right by respecting personal space and making sure people in the company can live off their pay and care for their families. Reach higher by being a company that honestly cares and supports each other. Learn what each level in the company is about and try living one month to gain an understanding on how people live. Focus on the customer by taking notes on what upsets them not on just meeting sales goals. Cold calls are an invasion and outdated. Enjoy life by deleting the men's club mentality. Do special things for the branches and see how each branch is a unique family.

Cannot work effectively for this company; was a much better company before AmSouth reverse merger

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWork/life balance and pay good if you can bear the culture; benefits OK

ConsMiddle management is afraid to ask what the specific goals of upper management are

Advice to Senior ManagementStop all the team-building exercises and build actual communication instead.

Amazing company that really cares about its employees and the community like family.

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are excellent (health, dental, life insurance, 401k matching, 3 weeks vacation in first year, etc.), they offer an additional paid vacation day annually to be used on any day of your choice on top of a paid volunteer day where you can volunteer for a community organization and spend the day helping out without coming into work. This all shows how much they actually care and it is extremely evident in how much they give back to the community and their employees.

ConsWith any bank, this is a highly regulated industry which translates to highly regulated internal audits/reviews. Also, the bonuses can be hard to hit (as with any other company), so no major cons at all. Starting salaray can be a bit low for someone with plenty of education as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the giving to the community and employees and remember a happy workforce = higher margins.

my experience at Regions

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Proseasy to get in, approachable, no large pressure, collegues are easy to get along with

Consrelatively small operation compare to large banks, location is not convenient, salary ok

Pay was great but the management, support, and policies were awful!

Telebanking Specialist (Former Employee)
Pensacola, FL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay was amazing! I really mean it! If you can endure the rude customers and the awful managers, you should because the pay is just that good! Also, the training is 4-6 weeks long, paid, and fairly good. The trainer for my group was very nice. The building was safe, secure, well-maintained, and had a nice kitchenette and break room. You get paid vacation as long as you are there a year! You also get sick time!

ConsHours are OKAY. Bathroom breaks/ breaks period are on a strict time limit (you only get two besides lunch). They DO NOT want you to take unpaid time off. IF you do, you start getting written up and can get fired (almost happened to a few in my group). They HATE tardiness (write ups!) They listen to your calls and message you while you are talking to the customer CONSTANTLY to do this or say that, which is very distracting. The management is very rude and inconsiderate. The feel like they can drive numbers through intimidation and pressure, which rarely works. There is a high turn over rate. I mean, they do these silly competitions between the different groups to "help." If you or your group is in the bottom, it doesn't help. (I only had one nice group leader/manager.) They move you around all the time. They make you sell CONSTANTLY even to people that have plenty of items or can't even hear you, like are literally deaf (why are they calling? - IDK). You cannot hang up on any of your customers, even if they are calling you the meanist, nastiest names and words you have ever heard (or never heard) in your life! You just have to endure it, try to hurry them up, try to resolve the problem, try to sell them something, and then ask them if you did everything for them. Regions doesn't like telling their customers everything, so alot of times you have to tell the customers a bold-face lie or just neglect to tell them the truth. I feel this is immoral, but I guess if you feel like you need the money that bad...

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice. Learn some morals. Teach through kindness not intimidation.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Financial reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Regions Financial CEO O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.. All 313 reviews are posted anonymously by Regions Financial employees.