Regions Financial

www.regions.com

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move(in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen(in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service(in 11 reviews)

Summer Private Wealth Management Intern

Private Banking Intern (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA (US)

ProsVery laid back with scheduling and time off. Friendly employees willing to help me learn and better understand what I was doing. Allowed me to travel to other offices to fill my downtime some, and allowed me to sit in on a few client meetings to gain more experience of the full-time position.

ConsNo advancement opportunities beyond internship, no structured internship program, too much downtime without instruction or tasks to be done, not enough access to company software (this limited me from being able to fully help the wealth advisors and led to too much unstructured downtime, also took away from the experience I gained from the internship), very limited access to financial software, a majority of the work I did was filing and basic office tasks (making labels, updating mailing lists, printing envelops, etc...)

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a structured internship program, give full computer access to interns so they can offer more help to the wealth advisors and gain a better understanding of what a full-time job in the industry would entail.

Contract Employee

ProsExpectations are not too high.

ConsDecsions by upper management are questionable.

OK company

Teller (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

ProsThe hours are great. You'd work occasional Saturdays and have half days in the week if you did work a Saturday. Everyone's really nice and friendly.

ConsIf you want to move up you have to know the right people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't waste your time

Teller (Former Employee)

ProsThe other tellers and some platform I worked with were great.

ConsHR treats you like you are a piece of dirt (Ironic right?) Corporate and management bow down to people that work the least and are disrespectful to those who work the hardest. Goals are totally unrealistic and Regions loves to write employees up and make threats.

So So

Teller (Current Employee) Montgomery, AL (US)

ProsVacation time, decent benefits unless you have a family.

ConsPay is abysmal for the amount of tasks they force you to complete during the course of the day in addition to offering great customer service to spoiled customers.

Good company!

Teller (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsBenefits, work life balance, and pay

ConsPromotional Opportunities, office politics, poor follow-up on performance

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote internal talent

Great company that works hard to be a different than your typical bank.

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsFreedom to develop and bring in new business.
    Autonomy to make decisions

ConsBad incentive plan
    Bad benefits
    More product innovation
    Limit future growth in company

Advice to Senior ManagementPay for better incentive plans and better employee health benefits

Strong growth projection after a few rocky years.

ProsGreat chance to work for a company that appreciated its associates.

ConsDifficult to advance. It was an inside joke that you had to move to the competition in order to warrant a raise. Our sales generation software provided little aid.

My experience at RF has been a positive experience working with a lot of smart and talented people.

ProsVery positive environment with good incentive plan. Good benefits with 2-4 weeks vacation(max) depending on years employed and 6% contribution to 401 k.

ConsSalaries could be more competitive and you should be able to accumulate more than 4 weeks vacation

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate salaries and consider an off cycle for employees to get salaries in line with competition. We are loosing too many good people to competition. Competition is concerned so they are taking a lot of our good employees.

Great culture, not so great pay.

Internal Auditor (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsBenefits are pretty good, and there are a lot of banking perks (obviously). Work-life balance is great, overtime is quite rare. People are generally very friendly and easy to work with, and management seems to care about their employees. An effort is made to retain employees (as long as that doesn't involve money!).

ConsIt's a bank, so the pay is not great. Some managers clearly got their position as a result of length of employment instead of quality (but I guess that's everywhere). Some senior leaders are resistant to change, and change that does take place comes about s-l-o-w-l-y. All roads lead to Birmingham, which isn't exactly New York or Miami (but a decent place to raise kids).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the government to loosen up on excessive regulations so you can start paying your employees more.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!