Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated 19 August, 2014

4.0

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer
Leonard S. Schleifer

Pros
  • Good work/life balance in my department (in 7 reviews)

• well work-life balance, good salary and benefits, good work environment, supportive colleagues, (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not viable in the long run considering the cost of living in Westchester County, NY (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management are in an ivory tower looking down on their peons (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Culture, Vibrant and Helpful Atmosphere

Former Employee - Intern  in  Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Interned at the Oncology & Angiogenesis Department, loved the intellectual atmosphere of the group and how nice everyone was. They also managed to retain the active startup culture despite having grown to a large company with 1000+ employees.

Cons

The intern program seemed a bit unstructured, although I imagine it would get better very fast with a wonderfully responsive Intern Recruitment head.

Phenomenal.

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Open to growth of lower level employees

Cons

Some bureaucracy, but it is not stifling.

This is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for less than a year

Pros

Regeneron is very good at making you feel like a part of the "family".

Cons

If you are not upper management, your desk is typically in a large room filled with coworkers of a similar level. It can be quite distracting at times.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good experience working for a small biotech company on the cutting edge of R&D. Good, friendly work environment.

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals part-time for less than a year

Pros

Small company allows you have a good working relationship. Lines of communication are more open. The company also provides a great learning experience with presentations from colleagues on different topics.

Cons

Resources can sometimes be an issue since it is a small company and for some projects work is outsourced.

great company to work for

Current Employee - Patent Liaison  in  Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Patent Liaison in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cons

less career opportunities, moving up the corporate ladder is extremely tough

The company has a bright future, employees has great job security yet easy to glass ceiling

Current Employee - Senior Staff Scientist  in  Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Scientist in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company expanded dramatically in the recent years and is expected to have a bright future. The employees enjoy good salary, benefits and job security. The company also has an overall friendly and flexible working environment, which encourages collaboration and innovation.

Cons

The promotion system is not ideal, which generated glass ceiling for a lot of senior titled researchers. This would compromise enthusiasm of some high-quality researches in a long run.

Pay more attention on rewarding hardworking, senior titled researchers who had outstanding performances yet not promotable by the current system. Maybe even modify the system.

I was a research intern in various laboratories for 4 years

Former Employee - Research Intern  in  Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Research Intern in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an intern for more than 3 years

Pros

Great mentors, plenty of academic, facility and financial resources, very fair pay, balanced work-life balance. HR is always planning events for interns and employees. Most scientists are very friendly and approachable. The company is also kind to its staff by providing free rides from the north white plains and tarrytown train stations in the morning and afternoon. Gym facilities and a discounted food court, offering quality food are also very nice!

Cons

Would be nice if interns had access to the gym facilities. The location is a bummer for young people, since there isn't much to do in suburban Tarrytown. There really isn't an option to eat-out (walking distance)...everything is take-out.

A good start and in a promising, growing phamaceutical company. A place rich of resources and talented people.

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for less than a year

Pros

smart people around to help
    rich resources
    Good mentor

Cons

If you worked here in the same department for a long time, you have the privilege of choosing if you want to do certain work.

Secure, fun and exciting atmosphere but not perfect...

Current Employee - Research Associate III  in  Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Research Associate III in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

With the industry still contracting (ie Merck's recent layoffs) it is comforting to have peace of mind that we should be secure for the next few years with our recent success. Fun environment (lots of parties), great benefits (stock options are a huge plus even for those of us in lower positions), above average 401K and insurance, tuition reimbursement even increased. With recent success, salary is catching up to industry norms, I started ~4 years ago and felt fairly underpaid at the time, especially considering the cost of living, but since then the compensation has improved where I no longer consider it a con and it was a huge one to start.

Cons

Unclear direction for growth/advancement. RA's (non-Phds) generally have a rather define glass ceiling (RA V). In my group, not a lot of distinction between the levels (RA II vs RA V). Promotions are difficult to obtain. Position can be monotonous and unchallenging after time again due to lack of growth and increased roles/responsibilities.

Provide more opportunities for growth, rather then bringing in outside applicants could a role be filled internally?

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Scientist in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Emphasis on good science
    Good home/work balance
    Lots of encouragement by senior management
    Great benefits

Cons

Promotions are dependent on time worked rather than purely merit

Promotions of individuals based on time worked rather than merit is a bit bad for morale

Worked for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!