Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews

120 reviews filtered by
3.9
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer
Leonard S. Schleifer

Pros
  • Smart people, friendly atmosphere, good work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Company is growing and getting better every day--business is looking up (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Beware and please note that the location has high cost of living (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management are in an ivory tower looking down on their peons (in 4 reviews)

1. Great Internship

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Staff were all very welcoming. I was given a research project to complete during my internship and I was allowed a lot of independence in completing it. The workplace environment was great too, lots of team-building exercises.

Cons

Interns weren't allowed access to valuable information, so the background for why I was doing my research project was never shared with me.

2. Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, above average pay and benefits, and an awesome place to learn. Lots of overtime available, and the company is very flexible. Regeneron has a very youthful vibe and I have made many friends here. There is always a lot of movement within the company, so you don't have to be worried about being stuck in the position you're in forever if you want to explore other areas of the company. Also the stuff we do is really interesting, so that always helps! I would recommend Regeneron to anyone interested in biotech and pharmaceuticals.

Cons

I don't have many negative things to say about Regeneron, I am overall very happy to be a part of the company.

However, as in any company with many employees, some people get by with doing very little work with others left to pick up their slack. Wish management was better about detecting this and resolving it.

3. Great place to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is growing so fast that it's a wonderful place to start out and develop your skills. Often can find you are good at things you never knew existed; the management is good at recognizing this and putting people where they can be most effective. Benefits and pay are great!

Cons

Work/Life balance is bad...40 hour weeks are a myth. Red tape that comes along with being in the Pharmaceutical industry can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but work on cultivating a less stressful/overwhelming environment.

5. Good place to start your career

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Regeneron is a great employer for those starting their career. There are opportunities for advancement or lateral movement. There is a supporting team environment and have high employee retention rates.

Cons

Positions are entry level are very focused. You support one facet of a project and do not hear much about the technology other teams are developing.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop the talent from within. Provide a single vision for all employees regarding where Regeneron is headed and how they can grow with the company.

6. Commercial Analytics Intern

Former Intern - Commercial Analytics in Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Former Intern - Commercial Analytics in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment of very smart people. Does well to bridge the gap between science and business. Highly motivated, modern environment.

Cons

Tasks may be monotonous at times, though exciting at other times. Beyond banter and lighthearted fun, business side folks may seem cold and aloof, though very infrequently.

7. Great development opportunity

Former Intern - Undergraduate Intern in Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Former Intern - Undergraduate Intern in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Work closely with manager. Very useful in gaining research experience in the lab for undergrads. Good work life balance and fun intern class. Weekly events to help interns further themselves professionally.

Cons

Social bond among intern class is entirely up to us. Many labs and departments only have one intern so it can be overwhelming as the only non-full-time employee there.

8. 9 month contractor

Former Employee - Contractor Data Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Contractor Data Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ (US)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Good working environment, collaboration. Small company familiarity.

Cons

Growing pains, inadequate planning, few opportunities for advancement.

A viper's den of inequity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Pros

A convenient location for employees who live in Westchester

Cons

Regeneron has too many layers of management, whose titles are not only meaningless, but fictional. While those managers may be educated in the field of science, they have no sense of business acumen. Those employees who choose to engage themselves in the game of office politics will do well. Those workers with high morals and work ethic will remain at the bottom, only to have more work put on them, in addition their own, with no thanks or validation...their supervisors and managers will take the bows.
    In instances of supervisor/employee conflict, and there is much at Regeneron, the employee can not count on support from Human Resources, the managers and supervisors are always right, even if they are at fault.

Advice to Management

Remove the endless layers of meaningless managers and supervisors, and start running a business. It would behoove those in upper management to pay attention to the health of their employees, who are under extreme stress, and take the time to listen to their real needs and wants.

10. Regeneronous

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Really great package, cool people and great culture

Cons

Its too cold in the winter

Great company to work at

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities for personal growth. Good work-life balance. Great location-only 50 minutes away from NYC. Great facility.

Cons

Research associate career track could be improved. Regeneron has more levels for research associate before they can become a manager, compared to peer companies, this is a disadvantage for research associates.

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Photos