Regency Theatres

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lyndon Golin

Good for a first time job.

Team Leader (Former Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

ProsIt's a very self explanatory job. It's a great introduction to working. It's a fun environment and the free movies are a plus. You'll get to know/interact with some really cool customers. Hard work is really appreciated.

ConsVery often under staffed and half the employees working won't do thier jobs anyways. Poor management. Be prepared to lose faith in humanity. Though hard work is appreciated, it's hardly rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress the way Andrew treats employees. Actually use six month reviews and work with employees who cannot or will not do thier respective jobs.

Great Job

Team Member (Former Employee) Westminster, CA (US)

ProsVery fun and friendly job for students, very flexible with schedules and management is great!

ConsNot much room for growth as this is just a part time job.

Overall negative experience, poor company culture.

General Manager (Current Employee)

Pros-New learning opportunities
    -Experience in a fast paced environment

Cons-Sexual harassment claims ignored
    -Often not helpful District Managers with little care for their jobs
    -Culture focused on making money at expense of others
    -No benefits for Assistant Managers, limited them to part time status to avoid providing healthcare
    -Incentives for frontline employees are almost non-existant, free movies limited to Mon-Thurs unlike employees in other theatre chains
    -District Manager Dwight Morgan exercised authoritarian rule over his General Managers, allowing them little control over their assigned locations
    -Worked for the company for six years and yet I never received an official performance appraisal

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp the entire culture of the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

overall goo learning experience.

Marketing and PR Intern (Current Employee) Newport Beach, CA (US)

ProsI learned how to plan events and market films to a niche audience effectively. I meet a lot of great people and made good contacts with the local community that can possibly help me land a job after college graduation.

Consthe drive to work is terrible.

Advice to Senior Managementcompensate interns with a stipend or gas money.

This has been a horrible experience all around

Concessions (Current Employee)

Prosfree popcorn
    free soda
    free movies
    thats about it truthfully

ConsManagers who sexually harrass female employees
    Low pay
    No advancement
    Assistant manager ego's
    Staff hours get cut constantly making it hard for employees to complete the expectations the theater owners want
    General managers who take their personal lives into the workplace

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen the corporate office receives a complaint of sexual harassment of employee's you should probably get rid of the problem or your going to end up dealing with some serious consequences. Acknowledge the hard work your floor staff puts out to make the theater money and a raise or two every once in awhile wouldn't hurt.

Usher/Host/Concessionist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMeet cool people, learned a lot about movies

Conslow pay, poor management, no free movies,

Fun, Low pay

ProsFun
    great team members
    free movies
    1 dollar hotdogs
    flexible hours

Conslow pay
    work so hard, little pay
    no benefits

Advice to Senior Managementpay better to hard working employees

The Owners (Golin Brothers) Of This Company Have No Idea What They're Doing

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Azusa, CA (US)

ProsGreat people on the floor level. Co-workers are all in the suffering together. Respect from managers except for the few with a napoleon complex.

ConsBroken, mismanaged and micromanaged, severely underpaid. The GM has no power, all orders come from the Golins (owners) who know nothing about running a theater. They care nothing about presentation quality, all their equipment is ancient. Their procedures are horrible, we'd be closing up at 3am even if the last show was at 11pm. Would force us to clock out and continue to work to avoid overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your GM's run the individual theaters. Don't assume you know how to fix things if you're never there. You are clueless when it comes to theater operations and all your pointless rules make working there a pain. The infrastructure of your nightly procedures are redundant and outdated making your employees do way more work than needed and staying overtime because of the broken system. You care nothing about your projection equipment and spend no effort in improving your theaters.

A lot of multitasking due to skeleton crews

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

ProsFree movies and discount on concessions stand

ConsA LOT of responsibilities and staff the bare minimum

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more leeway on payroll in order to allow management to oversee staff instead of cleaning theatres and bathrooms

It is okay. Some people really like others hate it. It depends on how you view things.

ProsFree movie tickets for the employees. Free soda and popcorn when your on break.

ConsThere is not very much opportunity for advancement. Not the companies fault people just never quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees more instead of believing everything the crazy customers make up.

Worked for Regency Theatres? Contribute to the Community!