RealPage Reviews

Updated 11 September, 2014
2.9

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Great people, good location, people are treated right (in 12 reviews)

• Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

Current Employee - Sales  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity to make commission and good money. Lots of leaders that have sales experience that can help you with your issues. Working for a big company so there are lots of customer references.

Cons

The acquisitions are constant and sometimes it is hard to keep up. The company might be a little more concerned with Wall Street than the actual customers sometimes. Some of the sales goals are a little unrealistic.

Jobs

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

Good people that work here

Cons

Sr mgmt need an adjustment

You are behind your competition and they are gaining. Make necessary sr adjustments

2 years of my life that I will never get back

Current Employee - Account Manager- Screening  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager- Screening in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

No one knows you're there, so it doesn't matter if you leave early or come in late

Cons

"Comp plans"-- you'll never see that money. And if you do, it won't be paid on time. And if it is, they might even take it back. Payroll department doesn't get anything right. They do not pay out PTO upon leaving (even on great terms). E-mails from company representatives regarding pay "don't count". I would encourage anyone who joins this group to not sign the Terms and Conditions. Again, no one will know or care that you work there, so they wont notice a document with a missing signature.

Make sure you know what the other departments are conveying to your staff, because it's all different.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you never want to get a promotion this company is for you!

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are someone that likes sliding under the radar, doing minimal work, not having any work satisfaction, and not getting acknowledged -- this place is for you!

Cons

The pay is terrible. Only take this job is you have nothing else lined up as a sign of desperation. I worked on the Account Management team and the management was terrible. But the employees at the bottom of the totem pole are great. Account Managers are treated like crap -- even though we save the accounts the sales people have over promised great things to, and RealPage can't deliver.

This is absolutely one of those companies where the higher up you are, the less work you do. If you are in San Francisco you need to make buddies with some higher ups in Texas or else your chances of getting a promotion are slim to none. Part of working in San Francisco and in the tech space is expecting a stocked kitchen and snacks -- it's just part of the culture. The company took it away from the SF office because it is not part of the culture in Texas.

When I left the company, my manager told me she was sad for me "professionally". Talk about poor management when a manager is sad for you that you are leaving for a better position and much higher pay. It is truly a sign that management does not want you to succeed.

Get rid of middle management. They do not do anything except sit on conference calls that will be repeated to the employees the next day and send out emails. I can vouch that my manager had no idea what anyone on her team did or how any of the systems functioned.

Property Management Company pretending to be a software company

Former Employee - Product Development  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Product Development in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

None really. Any good reviews here, I'm sure are put there by RealPage HR. I have not met a lot of very happy employees at this company. My advise, if you get a job offer politely turn it down and look for another company.

Cons

1. Senior management is full of property management folks who have no clue about software development.
    2. Very high turnover rate. The only employees who remain at this place are people who can't find a job elsewhere.
    3. Management is more concerned with Wall Street than product or customers. The CEO dumps a good portion of his shares into the market every year, so he is only concerned about maintaining the stock price.
    4. There is a re-org every three months. I reported to 7 managers in 2 years. Promotion based on favoritism and not merit. Incompetent people are promoted, while hard working employees are looked over.
    5. HR is a big joke and totally pro management. Don't look to them for help. Benefits and PTO are severely lacking.
    6. Company does not have any organic growth, bottom-line is declining. The growth numbers shown by the company are only maintained due to acquisitions.

Start investing in your employees and stop changing direction every three months. Start focusing more on product than revenue\stock price. The rest will follow.

Terrible compensation plan for sales people

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people for the most part

Cons

Crowded work environment, bad comp plan, too much favoritism

Lots of change

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, great coworkers, and work/life balance is good. Although they should be more open to employees working from home. Very successful brand.

Cons

Lots of change/Reorgs, stagnant software design, different products are too silo-ed/not enough communication within sales, implementation and developers.

Be more energetic and open to suggestions. Hire a designer to modernize your OneSite platform. Better reporting for clients.

Excellent

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Hours, Month End Celebrations, Candidate Engagement and very good leadership

Cons

I didn't find anything to say.

Nothing

BE AWARE - look at the stock price!!!

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not sure what to say here...

Cons

There is zero work-life balance, training, time-off is frowned on. Executive and Senior Leadership needs a serious adjustment if this company is going to go anywhere. Be aware of your surroundings because nothing is streamlined with checks and balances. Anything and everything is open to one person's perception. Pay is terrible and is not competitive - this is not a career destination, only a stepping stone to your actual career.

CHANGE FOR GOOD!!

No room for career improvements.

Current Employee - Developer  in  Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Developer in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

I'm working at their Philippines office.

1. Flexible work hours.
    2. Decent salary
    3. People are friendly, well it's Philippines anyways.

Cons

1. They won't allow additional benefits because it's not in the law and Texas office won't allow it.

2. Promotion is very slow. And if there is promotion the right people don't get it.

3. You do not have a clear job description. You will do QA tasks and BA tasks.

4. Tasks coming from Texas are inhumane. They wanted tasks to be done in two days when it is usually done in two months!

5. They are implementing agile, and I don't think they are implementing it right.

6. Product owners don't know how to say no to clients.

7. Did I say that annual performance evaluation is biased?

There's more!

Listen to your employees.

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!