RealPage

Updated 17 December, 2014
2.9

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Office culture in San Francisco is a bit laid back for some teams, good work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Cool Office location, great people to be around (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company and team.

Former Employee - Vice President in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage

Pros

Flexible work location. Challenging projects. Opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Sometimes decisions slowed due to corporate approval processes.

So much potential and opportunity - talent in every department.

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

The Barcelona office is new, vibrant and ever-changing. The calibre of talent here is outstanding in almost every role. Many employees have been nurtured and hardened from the days of being a little start up struggling to make ends meet to being acquired and further developed into a huge global operation. The grit and determination of the colleagues to continue to build the biggest and powerful vacation rental software in world is truly inspiring.

Cons

There are a few heads that long for the good old days of being a tiny outfit and are resistant to the more corporate changes. The office is currently finding it's own identity as an environment to work in.

Take advantage of the talent available round every corner of the building here. Understand how to localise products, adapt positioning and develop diverse strategies for different European countries.

Overly bureaucratic

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

The Barcelona office is a truly multi-cultural (25+) environment with a lot of young people. The sector of vacation rentals is growing with a lot of opportunity.

Cons

Realpage has acquired a lot of start-ups and so far has not managed to develop synergies between the different softwares.

Listen to the engineers. They may not know the customer, but they know the product. And you are a software company.

Great place to work. Needs a bit more focus.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've only been with the company a short time, but so far I have been pleased. The compensation is good, and there appears to be significant opportunities for growth and advancement. I also enjoy the numerous continuing education opportunities for employees.

Cons

Growth through acquisition has resulted in a large number of products that relate but aren't quite integrated. So many teams can also make it difficult to know who you need to work with in order to accomplish something. Coming from a smaller company environment (start-up) it can be a little frustrating how slow some groups operate. Vacation policy isn't great, but not unexpected for a large company.

Integrate the solutions to make things easier on employees and customers.

It is a very good company to work with

Current Employee - Developer II in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Developer II in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

Good Product which do not have more competitor in the market.

Good People

From the first day in the company you will get everything like your system ready, you will have your mentor ..etc

Hike is not bad as compare to companies who does not even give hike

Cons

I do not find any Cons.

Yeah, i just say to the management to upgrade with the latest technologies.

If you're not in Texas, there's no growth opportunity.

Former Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

There's a lot of talent in San Francisco; great collaboration and great ideas are realized

Cons

The team in SF (responsible for all SaaS marketing solutions) is very undervalued, and great talent is walking out the door weekly to pursue opportunities where their suggestions and potential can be realized (over the past 6 months, 3 SEO/SEM editors, 4 web developers, 2 product managers, and an entire website division has quit/been laid off). We also have a Chicago office that lost 90% of employees earlier in the year. The executives in Texas are completely out of touch with the importance of valuing employees, and it takes far too many people's stamps of approval before a project/idea is green-lit. Lastly, compensation is more aligned with Texas wages, and it's incredibly difficult to get a substantial raise, as we tend to hire outside at a high salary rather than promote from within.

You can't run a company this large with a small group of decision makers. Also, client feedback is incredibly important; don't ignore it.

"Always Stay Positive!" can only last for so long....

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meet people
    Easy Job
    Amazing Training program

Cons

EXTREMELY INCONSISTENT hours
    Annual retention rate less than 12%
    Easy leads to Routine/Tedious to the point of insanity

I had four to five ideas on how to make the company more efficient, since my graduate degree involves such studies. But never got to the point where anyone would listen. THE RETENTION RATE HAS TO BE FIXED. The training grant that you guys use won't last forever.

New Divisions within RealPage present Greatest Opportunity for Growth.

Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

RealPage has significantly diversified its product offering through acquisition within the last year. These acquisitions have uniquely positioned the company in new industries with tremendous growth potential. From a sales perspective, success starts with an innovative training program which is designed to prepare and train all levels of sales acumen on proficiency and market readiness. Our new strategy centered on sales specialization has been implemented for certain divisions which allow our sales professionals to quickly contribute and achieve success in specific areas of the sales cycle.

I have found the above coupled with a new office environment and culture to be big contributors in my overall satisfaction.

Cons

As with most new concepts or ideas, these faces of change are almost always met with resistance. Sometimes overcoming this friction can feel daunting without end. Providing an org chart is a must so new leadership isn't left to navigate a large corporate structure on their own wasting valuable time and resources. After almost a year I have found if you firmly believe in what you're trying to accomplish and use data to drive your decisions, you'll find the juice is worth the squeeze in the long run.

Continue to focus on creating transparency and providing insight into the overall strategy for all levels of the team.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work here is the learning opportunities that we have as employees. The on-boarding training process is incredibly thorough and the School of Real Estate is made available to all employees and it helped me to better understand the industry. In my role, I'm constantly challenged to excel and there are many growth opportunities for me here.

Cons

Some of the more challenging aspects of the company is our changing culture. We're in the process of shifting to a more people-centric culture, versus an old school corporate one. This will obviously take some time, but RealPage is headed in the right direction.

I would recommend this company to a friend

Current Employee - Sales Representative I in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative I in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits. good work life balance.

Cons

Sales department is under new leadership. Going through lots of growing pains.