RealPage

Updated 13 August, 2014
Updated 13 August, 2014

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Great people, good location, people are treated right (in 12 reviews)

• Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Very good chance for growth within the company

Current Employee - QA Specialist  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - QA Specialist in Carrollton, TX (US)

Pros

Competitive salary, personal growth, Good work-life balance.

Cons

Bloated middle management, Too many meetings.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Carrollton, TX (US)

Pros

Competitive pay, great co workers, make your own hours for the most part.

Cons

Stale management who do not understand the sales cycle, compensation plan, or our solutions. Antiquated solutions and UI. Growth through acquisition only. Sales data inundated with false information as reps are held to unrealistic quota. $870,000 for AR1.

Take two weeks off and them quit.

Good place to start with great coworkers but very stressful and mundane after a long period of time.

Pros

It's a great place to start with great pay increases every quarter for those starting out. I have a great supervisor and good friends there which helps when there is a stressful day.

Cons

Did I mention stressful days? Yes especially during the summer when the upper management has not scheduled enough or hired enough people to handle call volume the calls are back to back all day and there are people on the other end who do not understand how we help them and take their frustration out on us.

Please higher more people at the start of the summer and communicate with the staff of the properties we service so they can communicate with their customers as to what they can expect from our service.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun team, major changes ahead which could be good or bad

Current Employee - Marketing  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

Great co-workers & flexible work environment - My department is very fun, and has a lot of opportunity for the products to grow. We have many team outings and there is a lot of trust from management towards the team. I've had lots of opportunities to learn new skills and have been given responsibilities which have enabled me to grow.

Cons

Currently there have been too many changes to management causing uncertainty & lack of leadership/direction for the LeaseStar side of the business. Also, it's hard dealing with needy clients that have little to no technical background & this gets very tedious.

For the SF office, salaries are okay, could be better since this is such an expensive area. Also, bring back some of the food - it's a great way to offer competitive benefits at little expense. More direction for future plans of the SF office would be uplifting - things seem a bit uncertain at the moment.

Well Oiled Machine

Current Employee - Licensed Customer Care Associate  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Licensed Customer Care Associate in Carrollton, TX (US)

Pros

Very good opportunity to find an avenue that fits with multiple types of jobs. Good pay, benefits galore and plenty of people to get to know.

Cons

not much room for upward mobility. Was there a year and the only hope of a raise was if I was 100% perfect I could see a 5% raise maximum. That was it.

Understand that if you want people to enjoy the work they do there, there has to be a upward trend and opportunity at the business. You can't expect to start professionals off at the cap.

Too much change creates morale issues and uncertainity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

Cool Office location, great people to be around

Cons

-Too much leadership change for any team member’s comfort.
    -Silo mentality to corporate office
    -Polarizing cultural differences between corporate office and the SF location

San Francisco office has had many leadership changes in the last 3 years. One day RealPage is investing in its brand new office space, then a little over a year later they are looking at SF as a huge expense, recruiting in other locations first and IF they can't find the talent in those areas they will pony up and hire someone.

There is a huge cultural difference from our corporate office based in Texas compared to San Francisco. I don't think they understand what is needed to hire, and retain top talent. RealPage wants to be hip and colorful software company but it’s unwilling to embrace the human capital best practices in the software vertical. Bottom line is the best talent in the US market for mobile developers, software engineers, and product managers is in the San Francisco Bay Area, and to view this office as a huge expense is a mistake.

You can't build a huge office space one year and then want to shrink it the next. One way or the other... they will learn a valuable lesson.

Book Smart but Little Real World Expertise

Former Employee - Manager  in  Brea, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Brea, CA (US)

Pros

Good Christian company with quality people and great work environment on a beutiful campus.

Cons

People are hired based on their connections and religeous beliefs which is great but too many of the key positions are filled by unqualified individuals. The staff mistake activity for productivity.

Start looking to hire from outside the company instead of promoting internal candidates that are unqualified.

AMAZING PLACE TO WORK WITH..!! One Must Try.

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Hyderābād (India)

Pros

This would be my second organization that i am working with and its such an amazing place to be. Highly Recommended by me..!! One organization that i came across and that gave me a sense of belonging would be this organization and the relations that is maintained here with every individual is just beyond words and i say that is because i have experienced it myself..! .In a real short span of time that i spent at RealPage it did really VALUE ADD to me as an Intern. However looking forward for a comeback because its "a feel good company" that makes me want more, to be a part of this organization.

Cons

Challenges i dint really find one again i would say.

No Advises as such..! Dint really find any Flaws..

Life @ RealPage

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Hyderābād (India)

Pros

The best part of the organisation is the work culture and the Crowd in here.
    Excellent Career growth and the services rendered by the each individual are valued and recognized.
    Flexible Timings and amazing fun @ work.
    Provides great perks despite being a growing company.

Cons

Till date, I haven't found anything that I could point out, and this review is not because I work here, it's because every Realpager feels so!!

Should accelerate in increasing the size of the organization as it's a good place to work.

Fast-paced and evolving daily...

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Carrollton, TX (US)

Pros

This company operates with the passion and energy of a startup. I get a chance to impact team goals and clients EVERY day. The career growth opportunities are there for the doer's and those that have an ownership mindset.

Cons

Patience is required when you double in size over a three year period. That was reiterated countless times during the interview process and during the time of my employ.

Stay the course and see your vision through to the very end.

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!