RealPage

RealPage Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn

Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Great people, good location, people are treated right(in 12 reviews)

• Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information(in 10 reviews)

Fast growing, long hours, bad management & NO proper training.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers, casual environment, okay pay & benefits.

ConsNo work balance, management talks behind your back to other managers & your peers. EXTREMELY Long hours, high turnover rate in most departments. HR does not know the meaning of Privacy.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more & take the advice of your employees. You are not the only ones that want the company to succeed

OK place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours. Great people to work with.

Consnot much opportunity to move up.

Advice to Senior Managementfigure out how to integrate the various groups from the different offices.

Good place to work.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsGood benefits for all employees.

ConsUpper management does not readily share information.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more willing to share information

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Developer Career Killer

Developer IV (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsHmmm. I don't have anything positive to say about my time here. It has been a very disheartening and disappointing experience.

Cons1) No career path for Developers - I personally one Dev who has been at Dev III for ten years. 2) Outsourcing real development - what kind of software company outsources the development of its products to a third-world consulting company? It shows a complete lack of regard and respect for its own Developers. RP developers are there only for maintenance. 3) Lack of direction and obvious incompetence from Executive Management - RP goes through a management "restructuring" every six months. I personally have reported to four managers in 2.5 years and I know other Devs who have reported to 4 or 5 different managers in the last 1.5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFall on your sword already - you are the problem!

Wake up!

Various (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsWhen I joined RealPage, there were opportunities for growth, there was an aggressiveness to competing in the market place, and there was the ability to innovate and make a difference. There are still groups within RealPage that are that way, but they seem to be a dying breed.

ConsRealPage has moved most of its development to India or the Philippines. They don't really innovate much anymore - they are mostly in maintenance mode. I've heard they are now an Agile shop and certainly engineering in the US has been significantly reorganized, but those I've talked to who still work there say it is window dressing, and nothing has really changed. Often, the people who are really good do not get promoted - they get sidelined. I guess it depends on the division/product.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompete! You may be big and public, but you are capable of falling. Hire some User Experience experts and aggressively synthesize your UI's - you have so many products but no continuity. Hire some BI experts and actually deliver a product already. Hire front-end experts and finally support all modern browsers. IE8 is not a modern browser. You were once a great company - start acting like one again or risk losing your largest clients. You're a lot worse off than you think...

HR stuck in the 19th century

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice office in the SOMA.

ConsTheir benefits are a joke. At least by San Francisco standards.
    They grant you 2 weeks of vacation per year. I think it is difficult to find a company in SF
    that would give you less than 3 weeks, 4 is the new standard. And the startups usually
    offer unlimited vacation.

But there is more: you cannot use your vacation until you accrue it. So you want to take full week
    you have to wait to July. I had never heard about companies with such a policy,
    so I didn't bother to check the HR manual before I joined.

But there is more: until last year, you didn't accrue any vacation during the first 3 months of employment.
    Because having to pay somebody for 2.5 days will make a different in company financials.
    Eventually they realized that that was putting them in the 18th century, so they got rid it this policy.

I have to admit though that the middle management is quite reasonable and doesn't take the "accrue before use" policy seriously, which is why people still work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the person who writes "we offer generous vacation policy" in the job postings.

Great place to work.

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsGreat people, good location, people are treated right.

ConsSometimes difficult to get IT working, or necessary software installed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPublicly reward excellent work performance.

I loved working there

Offsite Leasing Agent (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsPay is great, meet some interesting people and good benefits.

ConsCrazy hours no time for yourself or family

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Dysfuntional

Vice President (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsDecent Pay, Good equity compensation structure.

ConsCEO changes direction frequently and rules with an iron first. Senior management team changes almost annually, Technology is outdated technology, products are stale, no investment in modernizing, too many acquisitions poorly integrated and envisioned.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people to do their job, invest in getting out of 1999 web technology, make the products work better together. Stop buying revenue and focus on making what you have better so your sales reps can sell more of it.

Excellent Company that is growing with a lot of potential

Desktop Support Tech Level II (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWork environment is friendly,salary is great, everyone is a family.

Consno cons this company is great.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!