Real Time Resolutions

Updated 24 November, 2014
2.8

Eric Green

Decent temporary/starter opportunity

Former Employee - Part-time Intern in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Part-time Intern in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Managers were all very flexible with my odd college hours. When I could no longer work certain hours in one department, I was kindly transferred to a different department which could accommodate me better. Pay was fair, the people were pretty nice, but socializing was hard as most of the workers are on the phone most of the time. All-in-all, not a terrible place to work and was a very good opportunity for me as a college student.

Cons

The work can be a bit depressing and negative, my particular tasks were highly repetitive and monotonous. Not much room for growth, nor would most people want to stay here very long.

Great first job after college!

Former Employee - Foreclosure, REO, and Suit-on-Note Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Foreclosure, REO, and Suit-on-Note Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working here was such a great learning experience. Not only was I able to learn a lot more about mortgages in general, I was able to further my knowledge in the foreclosure, real estate owned and suit-on-note field. Additionally, I was able to build my presentation skills and confidence as I was able to meet with the SVP of Legal and our President on a regular basis to discuss accounts.

Working in the Foreclosure, REO and Suit on Note department was so much fun since we were such a small group and worked well together! Our boss was also great at coordinating group activities to ensure we all got along and had opportunities to get to know each other outside of the work environment.

Lastly, you are able to add up a lot of PTO which provides some flexibility in case you get sick, or want to take time off for a day to handle personal matters.

Cons

One aspect that I didn't like was that we were forced to dress up for Halloween. Most people enjoyed that part, but I would have preferred that to have been an option. Other than that there weren't many cons!

Continue taking the time to walk around the floors and getting to know the employees. That shows you really do care and makes the instances when we need to go up and talk to you less intimidating.

Great entry level company to work for

Former Employee - Intern in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Real Time is great at hiring recent graduates and interns. They allow you to come in anytime between 6:3oam and 10am, which is great if you commute from Ft Worth or Allen. They also train you and mentor you. The pay is great when you first get hired.

Cons

This company seems to be influenced by their executive secretaries when it comes to making decisions. I hated the Halloween parties. They make Halloween such a big deal by offering people off on Christmas if they decorate and dress up for Halloween. I do nto celebrate pagan holidays, so this caused me lots of strife among my co-workers. They felt I was not being a team player.

Do not promote Halloween. It causes strife among employees.

It's a paycheck, not a career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Holiday events, coworker relations, convenient location

Cons

No room for personal growth (unless you befriend higher mgmt), bare-minimum raises (regardless of accomplishments), lack-luster pay rate, the "be-thankful-you-have-a-job" mentality

The company has a lot of potential and the morale is boosted during group events and friendly department competition. However, there is not much to keep employee morale up outside of the holidays. Allowing lateral movement and promoting exceptional employees instead of "favorites" would keep employees from feeling like they are "trapped" without the ability to grow and with no other option except to seek outside employment opportunities.

Good pass through job, steady hours, good benefits, now much opportunity for advancements or pay increases.

Current Employee - Customer Service Professional, Debt Collection in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Steady income, good benefits and paid time off.

Cons

Your on the phone your entire shift dealing with either disgruntled customers that are behind on there financial debts.

Management could be more upbeat and appreciative. They are good about not micro managing and working with you when you need time off.

Great Company with Amazing Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started as an intern at RTR and WORKED to be in the position I am in today. I never felt like I had to kiss butt or be buddy buddy with anyone to get to where I am. I simply put in hard work and took on more responsiblity than the average intern. I proved my potential. I never hung out with anyone outside of work or work related functions, but I am very friendly and personable to everyone that I encounter. It's all about how you present yourself, not about who you know.

Also, the CEO, Eric Green, is a great person! He does so much for charity and honestly, I don't think I've ever heard of a CEO that is actually at the company as much as he is. Eric doesn't even sit in a big fancy office, he sits at a desk that is just like everyone else's along with his assistant and the company President. In fact, very few executives here sit in an office, the majority of them are sitting with their teams, in the same type of desks. No fancy desks or larger spaces than everyone, it's all the exact same.

Cons

The con is working with so many complainers. I understand that call center work isn't ideal, but no one twisted anyone's arm to get them to work here. It frustrating to see people bashing a company simply because they aren't doing what they need to do to move up. While being a good worker is great, you also have to put yourself out there, make yourself known, and make your intentions known. You can be the best worker that ever was and get perfect scores on every call you make, but if you don't make it clear that you're ready to take yourself to the next level, how do you expect management to know you want it?

Keep up the great job guys! But, just incase you are missing out on the cues from that one employee that is ready to move up, please listen a little more. Don't want to let good management material go unrecognized. Also, while I have not witnessed any "monster managers", it doesn't mean that they aren't here. No company is perfect. So let's listen to employee concerns about specific managers too. If there are enough people that complain, there might really be something wrong.

analyst

I worked at Real Time Resolutions (more than an year)

Pros

decent pay flexible hours. easy commute

Cons

management sucks some very racis people work at RTR. employees do not have a voice an whatever the manager says goes. Im so very blessed to be away from this place brought stress to my life most of the days i was there.

get better management

Decent place to work, not a career builder

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

I worked here while in college just for extra cash. Pay was good, $12/hr. We got new offices halfway through my time there and the work environment greatly improved.

Cons

The work was extremely boring an monotonous. I would constantly get locked into a trance while doing the super repetitive tasks.

They seemed to be doing a good job.

Terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Collections Agent in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Collections Agent in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. But everything else is terrible. STAY AWAY at all costs. It is not worth the little amount of money they give you.

Cons

High Stress environment, low pay, coworkers are awful they will literally hire anyone.
    Coffee sucks. Management Trash talks employees constantly

Treat your employees like real people instead of cattle. Give us the benefit of the doubt instead of trying to micromanage the entire call floor. Get better managers for middle management.

Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions

Pros

You will gain customer service experience and learn the day to day politics of a small company. 1 star for each.

Cons

You can take this as just being another disgruntled employee but there are couple of reasons why this place experiences extremely high turnover. Pay is a joke and you will be lucky to get your full commission; which isn't much anyway. Rampant favoritism - you have to be a really good friend of a higher up to get a promotion or the opportunity to move to a better paying department. Diversity in management is an issue - investors send reps of all races to meet a management group straight out of mad men. Relatives are given positions that mysteriously open up. God forbid having to put their children in direct contact with an irate customer. Management is poor, of course, because of how most of them got the position - buddy system. HR is incompetent and not looking out for employee concerns. If you do get trapped at real time: plan your 6 months to a year exit strategy immediately. Much better entry-level positions are opening up elsewhere so it really wouldn't make sense to apply here unless it's for an internship.

Honestly don't know what can be done at this company. I have never seen a more disconnected CEO in my life (except for when the numbers are down). He does let us see his beautiful car every morning we come in to work while feeding us crumbs.

Real Time Resolutions Response

Oct 8, 2014SVP - Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. RTR values the opinions of all our staff members and we would appreciate the opportunity to understand and address your concerns surrounding any management issues. Please ... More