Real Time Resolutions

Updated 18 October, 2014
Updated 18 October, 2014
2.7

Eric Green

Good pass through job, steady hours, good benefits, now much opportunity for advancements or pay increases.

Current Employee - Customer Service Professional, Debt Collection in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Steady income, good benefits and paid time off.

Cons

Your on the phone your entire shift dealing with either disgruntled customers that are behind on there financial debts.

Management could be more upbeat and appreciative. They are good about not micro managing and working with you when you need time off.

Great Company with Amazing Potential

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started as an intern at RTR and WORKED to be in the position I am in today. I never felt like I had to kiss butt or be buddy buddy with anyone to get to where I am. I simply put in hard work and took on more responsiblity than the average intern. I proved my potential. I never hung out with anyone outside of work or work related functions, but I am very friendly and personable to everyone that I encounter. It's all about how you present yourself, not about who you know.

Also, the CEO, Eric Green, is a great person! He does so much for charity and honestly, I don't think I've ever heard of a CEO that is actually at the company as much as he is. Eric doesn't even sit in a big fancy office, he sits at a desk that is just like everyone else's along with his assistant and the company President. In fact, very few executives here sit in an office, the majority of them are sitting with their teams, in the same type of desks. No fancy desks or larger spaces than everyone, it's all the exact same.

Cons

The con is working with so many complainers. I understand that call center work isn't ideal, but no one twisted anyone's arm to get them to work here. It frustrating to see people bashing a company simply because they aren't doing what they need to do to move up. While being a good worker is great, you also have to put yourself out there, make yourself known, and make your intentions known. You can be the best worker that ever was and get perfect scores on every call you make, but if you don't make it clear that you're ready to take yourself to the next level, how do you expect management to know you want it?

Keep up the great job guys! But, just incase you are missing out on the cues from that one employee that is ready to move up, please listen a little more. Don't want to let good management material go unrecognized. Also, while I have not witnessed any "monster managers", it doesn't mean that they aren't here. No company is perfect. So let's listen to employee concerns about specific managers too. If there are enough people that complain, there might really be something wrong.

Decent place to work, not a career builder

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

I worked here while in college just for extra cash. Pay was good, $12/hr. We got new offices halfway through my time there and the work environment greatly improved.

Cons

The work was extremely boring an monotonous. I would constantly get locked into a trance while doing the super repetitive tasks.

They seemed to be doing a good job.

Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions

Pros

You will gain customer service experience and learn the day to day politics of a small company. 1 star for each.

Cons

You can take this as just being another disgruntled employee but there are couple of reasons why this place experiences extremely high turnover. Pay is a joke and you will be lucky to get your full commission; which isn't much anyway. Rampant favoritism - you have to be a really good friend of a higher up to get a promotion or the opportunity to move to a better paying department. Diversity in management is an issue - investors send reps of all races to meet a management group straight out of mad men. Relatives are given positions that mysteriously open up. God forbid having to put their children in direct contact with an irate customer. Management is poor, of course, because of how most of them got the position - buddy system. HR is incompetent and not looking out for employee concerns. If you do get trapped at real time: plan your 6 months to a year exit strategy immediately. Much better entry-level positions are opening up elsewhere so it really wouldn't make sense to apply here unless it's for an internship.

Honestly don't know what can be done at this company. I have never seen a more disconnected CEO in my life (except for when the numbers are down). He does let us see his beautiful car every morning we come in to work while feeding us crumbs.

Oct 08, 2014SVP - Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. RTR values the opinions of all our staff members and we would appreciate the opportunity to understand and address your concerns surrounding any management issues. Please ... More

Significant Company Growth within past few years.... BUT ZERO PROCESS AND COMPLIANCE STANDARDS!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company growth has been in the positive direction for sure! They are pro-intern which is how i started here while I was in college, it's allowed me to continue working while looking for the right job applicable to my new degree, and the pay as an intern is better than what a fast food or retail place would pay.

Cons

WHERE TO START!
    Wow! Some of the people they have in management, don't even know how to do the job of those that they manage- so how do you expect them to be effective managers? There's one manager that doesn't have a clue how non-compliant we are, but instead she is more worried about micromanaging and slowing productivity down in the process, she's not open to taking suggestions from those that actually know the work because they do the work. She and one of the minion managers don't really communicate- he's a yes ma'am kind of guy, and yet- he comes back to us understanding our frustration, but no nerve to voice his concerns to the micromanager. With all that said- it has created a HUGE swelling non-compliance and security breeches that if our investors knew what questions to ask- the company would be IN BIG time trouble!
    I've seen some of the supervisors and managers treat the interns as being disposable- especially if they see the intern, or even employees, as a threat to their role because the employee knows what needs to be done while management remains clueless and a liability to the business as a whole.
    Can't really go to HR because the HR is buddy buddy with the problem manager and her minion. HR departments are supposed to be unbiased and fair- not protective of the issue. HR should be more professional and put problem managers on corrective action plans. Tenure is no excuse for not being engaged with the betterment of the company's direction.
    I'm sure I'll see a cookie cutter response from HR that has been no different than the others on here.
    Seeing that I've outlined main concerns and issues, there's no need to stop by the HR office- staying anonymous makes sure that retaliation doesn't happen.
    It's pretty sad to witness management and supervisors bully up on employees and interns because they are intimidated by the employees/interns since they have more knowledge and experience, as well as what really needs to change. Micromanager shouldn't have as much say in matters that impact the stability of the company, she discounts anyone that has a better way of implementing proper work flow and order. She holds grudges, hones in on certain employees that she may not like for any certain reason. Far from professional- try pathetically unprofessional. Oh to be a fly on the wall... Or a hidden camera on a wall!

Yes you may have seen the company explode in size, but you are really pretty clueless in understanding what needs to be done, get done, or improved on so that the current control freak micromanaged way of business can be more productive.
    It's ok to learn something, but don't feel threatened if you don't take the opportunity to listen from those who do the work daily, and learn what could be improved on. Seriously The micromanagers are NOT supervisor/management material, at best, they may be asst. Manager material for a small department, but you need to learn to communicate and be open minded when it comes to the current system. It's so flawed and exposes our investors to pull all business from us if they only had their auditors ask the key questions that would expose what you've put off or hidden for years now.

Sep 24, 2014SVP - Human Resources

Dear "Anonymous Employee",

We are sorry to hear about your less than positive experience at RTR. Please contact the HR Department, or if you prefer to reach out to someone else, we request that

Terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Collections Agent in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Collections Agent in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. But everything else is terrible. STAY AWAY at all costs. It is not worth the little amount of money they give you.

Cons

High Stress environment, low pay, coworkers are awful they will literally hire anyone.
    Coffee sucks. Management Trash talks employees constantly

Treat your employees like real people instead of cattle. Give us the benefit of the doubt instead of trying to micromanage the entire call floor. Get better managers for middle management.

Not for a career just a job.

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Professional in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Professional in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hourly rate not bad for a call center. However there a companies that pay more.

Cons

No comments at this time

No comments at this time

Micromanagement at it's worst!!

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are opportunities to work your way up within the company; the pay is good; commute isn't bad if you live within 10 miles. Benefits aren't so hot- but they are better than nothing.

Cons

Just when one thought the OCD micromanagement could get any worse, the main manager over my department now has us filling out detailed reports to the minute of what we are working on! This is counter productive and eliminates any opportunity to Multi-task!!
    The best part is the fact that this said manager doesn't fill one of these out themself, but makes the Analysts do it? Really?
    We all wonder what she does in the first place, but this is ridiculous! Guess I'll be using my breaks to job search, and lunch times to interview for now one and have my degree work for me.
    Going to Human Resources isn't exactly an option because we know this manager will find out who "ratted" her out and she is one to hold a grudge and hold people back from succeeding... While Human Resources does absolutely nothing about it. Very disappointing!

Let us do our job in the most efficient way, don't micromanage, and certainly don't make use detail literally every minute of our day! If I need to use the restroom 2 times in the same hour, don't tell me it needs to be taken as my 2 breaks for the day. Seriously- we are too big of a company for you to be OCD about everything, all you're doing is creating another reason for people who are good hard workers to leave!

Too bad this company didn't allow employees to review their managers- that alone tends to keep them more aware of what they SHOULD be doing!

Sep 24, 2014SVP - Human Resources

Dear "Anonymous Employee",

... More

Good company atmosphere and a good system for employees.

Former Employee - Compliance in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Compliance in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Company offers a good training program. Owner of the company is always around if you need to speak with him. Good company culture with a good mix in age of employees.

Cons

If you don't live close the commute can be pretty brutal. Also for the internship position the work may become monotonous, but the good pay helps you forget about that.

Employees have no value

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions

Pros

The dress code is a plus. On Fridays you can wear hats and more casual clothing. The location is easily accessible. There are some good people here.

Cons

Management doesn't listen to employees. If you have an opinion they will threaten your job or bonus and tell you not to push back. Promotions are based on who you know and not accomplishments. There are Team Leads that are blatantly rude and disrespectful. The are AVP's that steal money from contest pools. The morale has been low for sometime.

I spoke up in the past and my job has been threatened. Why should I say something now? It is not like it will be taken to heart.

Jun 23, 2014SVP - Human Resources

Dear "Anonymous Employee,"

We would like you to know that we are concerned about the cons that you have expressed in your review of RTR. We take these types of comments very seriously and we