Rapid City Regional Hospital

Rapid City Regional Hospital Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Sughrue

Good training, mostly nice co-workers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rapid City Regional Hospital

ProsFirst, it's kind of the only game in town but aside from that, the employees are predominantly nice and well-intentioned. There are a few who act like you are intruding on their turf but that's true anywhere.

ConsDoesn't seem like there's a rhyme or reason for staffing ratios. Some departments have people sitting about chatting all day while others have staff running around like crazy people with too much to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to employees when designing procedures.

Good place to be a nurse

Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at Rapid City Regional Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI really liked my co-workers. They hire good people, and everyone seems to work really well together.

ConsI did not like the patient to nurse ratio. There were not enough nurses to care for the more acute care patients. I rarely got a full 30 minute lunch break.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be willing to work on the floor to help with high workloads.

Good place to work in Rapid City.

Lab (Current Employee)
Rapid City, SD (US)

I have been working at Rapid City Regional Hospital full-time for more than a year

ProsOnly work every 3rd weekend and they are flexible with shifts, whether you want 8, 10, or 12 hours shifts.

ConsOpen 24/7 may have to work evenings and overnights. Also have to work some holidays.

Every floor is probably different

I have been working at Rapid City Regional Hospital

ProsOne of the highest paying employers for RN's the Black Hills area, but still far below the national average.

ConsPoor benefits
Rotating shift work
No student loan repayment

Advice to Senior Managementencourage more balanced and healthy lifestyles for employees- The happier and more rested your employees are the safer and more satisfied your patients will be.

Worked for Rapid City Regional Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rapid City Regional Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rapid City Regional Hospital CEO Tim Sughrue. All reviews posted anonymously by Rapid City Regional Hospital employees.