Randolph College

Randolph College Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

A noticeably positive direction

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) Lynchburg, VA (US)

Pros+Pay is the best in the region for academia
    +It isn't sunshine and rainbows quite yet, but the work environment is much better than before with four years of enrollment growth (despite being in the middle of a recession and small liberal arts colleges failing left and right)
    +Everyone absolutely loves the new administration that seems very responsive to students, faculty, and staff
    +Small size gives plenty of opportunities to cut through red-tape
    +Part of tuition exchange program for dependents

Cons+Pay is far below national average (but cost of living is ridiculously cheap, so that isn't a deal breaker)
    +No tuition reimbursement for graduate coursework
    +Effectiveness of VPs vary by department
    +Still haven't quite left the "survival-mode" mentality, so management still expects an extraordinary amount of effort without additional compensation

Advice to Senior Management+Be willing to ax VPs from the previous administration. Some are highly regarded by their subordinates, but many are not.
    +Consider more ethnic diversity in mid-management/upper-management (there's no hint of racism on campus...but why are all the directors and VPs white, especially with such a diverse student body?)

Great small institution with a community family feel

Tutor (Former Employee) Lynchburg, VA (US)

ProsSmall size and community feel

ConsNone (depends on individual some people may not like the size)

Advice to Senior Managementnone

it was ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery easy to get a work study position

Consthe departments should offer more possibilities to students

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

meaningful and enjoyable

Assistant (Former Employee) Lynchburg, VA (US)

ProsRandolph College offers wonderful mentors

ConsThe school pays a not-so-high wage

Great place to work!

(Current Employee) Lynchburg, VA (US)

ProsStrong community between faculty, staff and students. Overall, people are friendly and self motivated. Due to the small size of our school there is a very special connection with the students and those that utilize our services are very appreciative of what we have to offer to them. The area in which I work has a very close team and we all collaborate very well together. Immediate supervision is superb and we are always recognized for a job well done. There is a true understanding here of the life/work balance. It is very autonomous and each individual just needs to manage their time effectively in order to get the job done in a timely manner.

ConsAs with most organizations there are budget restrictions that make it difficult to do all that we would like to do as a department. However, through collaboration with other departments and support from senior management we are usually able to push through special projects/programs if they are seen as valuable for all.

Sometimes the size of the school is a challenge. Due to how small it is, it is difficult to get recognition on a regional/national level with colleagues in my field.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ever forget that we are here to serve and educate the students first.

great

Assistant Professor (Current Employee)

ProsThe administration was amazingly supportive.

ConsThe department chair was uncommunicative.

Worked for Randolph College? Contribute to the Community!