R.R. Donnelley

Be The First To
Add Photos

R.R. Donnelley President, CEO, and Director Tom Quinlan III

Tom Quinlan III

Pros
  • Work/life balance is very flexible and the office is very casual(in 10 reviews)

• needed a job the opportunity presented itself easy enough to learn good people that I(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • frequent rotational shifts disturbs our work life balance(in 14 reviews)

• Costly benefits, continue to downsize, no perks, ceased pension plan and no 401k Match(in 20 reviews)

An experience that has exposed me to a new field of printing

ProsThe diversity of the company and the many services it offers makes it a strong competitor in a very sensitive market.

ConsThe size and structure of the company makes decision-making a very slow process. The absence of on-going skills training and cross company pollination at ground level creates contentment in the job function and stuns professional growth.

No future for this org

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsPeople and overall environment is pretty relaxed - typically manufacturing front office environment -

ConsBenefits non existent, job ops and succession planning not there - Dying industry with minimal innovation - Poor upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementCutting to survive is not a good strategy - must invest in the future of the company and employees to see sustainable growth and profits

Think twice about employment at RRD

Typesetting Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsCan't think of any as there aren't any.

ConsLarge conglomerate that knows nothing about financial print; recently acquired premiere financial printer Bowne and decimated its client base.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some people who have experience in financial print. Update typesetting system to 21st century technology.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

xx

Manager (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsMy performance was recognized by senior management which lead to career advancement and promotions.

ConsLayoffs have become a common occurrance and therefore you never felt secure. No initiatives offered and employee morale has been down for several years. The corporate culture has changed to one with zero focus on employee development/growth, and one that is focused solely on the bottom line. Nepotism is apparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees. Happy employees are productive employees.

Good money but a lot of overtime!

Material Handler (Former Employee) Mattoon, IL (US)

ProsVery good pay. Most of the people are not bad to work with and three half hour breaks in an eight hour shift.

ConsVery long hours!!! 12 hour shifts constantly and a lot of working weekends. It leaves no time to spend with your family.

Low Salary

Research Associate (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsFriendly Collegues and low work pressure. Never Stretched beyond working hours

ConsStringent rules and low salary package. Fear of getting sacked when the project is closed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Lenient to the employees

Large company but recognize talent and focus on retention

Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsI've been with RRD for almost 6 years and work in sales. The company is giant so mobility is tangible and they focus on keeping sales employees happy. Their acquisition strategy is robust, they're always looking to scoop up the big opportunities, which only strengthen their value proposition.

ConsCompensation for sales is limitless on the commission payment structure. Compensation for those not in sales tends to be on the low side. This creates a palatable dichotomy between sales and production and individual facilities. I'ts quite common as far as the industry goes though.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on sales training and continuous learning programs.

Established culture, nice people

Project Manager (Current Employee) Logan, UT (US)

ProsThis particular facility was full of extremely kind, experienced people that were willing to give their own time to help you progress in your position and career. Willing to work with school schedule and family responsibilities.

ConsPotential limits to growth if not willing to relocate, as people seemed to stay for a long time at the company. .

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a little more time to make the work facility more animated and lively. Was a bit drab and out of date, though not a big deal.

Good place to work, but not when you want day shift hours...

ProsMoney is good, good people to work with. Easy work.

ConsAnyone can get a job on 2nd shift or 3rd shift... very VERY hard to get on day shift.

A good company to work for

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsYou will get enough time for yourself an for family.

ConsWeekend calling should not happen

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't call for weekend .

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!