R.R. Donnelley

Be The First To
Add Photos

R.R. Donnelley President, CEO, and Director Tom Quinlan III

Tom Quinlan III

Pros
  • Work/life balance is very flexible and the office is very casual(in 11 reviews)

• needed a job the opportunity presented itself easy enough to learn good people that I(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • frequent rotational shifts disturbs our work life balance(in 14 reviews)

• Unless you are "buddy buddy" with upper management you will not advance(in 20 reviews)

An experience that has exposed me to a new field of printing

ProsThe diversity of the company and the many services it offers makes it a strong competitor in a very sensitive market.

ConsThe size and structure of the company makes decision-making a very slow process. The absence of on-going skills training and cross company pollination at ground level creates contentment in the job function and stuns professional growth.

No future for this org

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsPeople and overall environment is pretty relaxed - typically manufacturing front office environment -

ConsBenefits non existent, job ops and succession planning not there - Dying industry with minimal innovation - Poor upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementCutting to survive is not a good strategy - must invest in the future of the company and employees to see sustainable growth and profits

Think twice about employment at RRD

Typesetting Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsCan't think of any as there aren't any.

ConsLarge conglomerate that knows nothing about financial print; recently acquired premiere financial printer Bowne and decimated its client base.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some people who have experience in financial print. Update typesetting system to 21st century technology.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

xx

Manager (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsMy performance was recognized by senior management which lead to career advancement and promotions.

ConsLayoffs have become a common occurrance and therefore you never felt secure. No initiatives offered and employee morale has been down for several years. The corporate culture has changed to one with zero focus on employee development/growth, and one that is focused solely on the bottom line. Nepotism is apparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees. Happy employees are productive employees.

Fair to partly cloudy.

Developer (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsUse of multiple technologies allowed.

ConsCorporate overhead can be a bit much.

Better than most transportation companies.

Dispatcher (Current Employee)

ProsNice people for the most part.

ConsGlass ceiling depending on certain aspects, sometimes not quite fair..

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more internal employees for open positions than you do.

Low Salary

Research Associate (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsFriendly Collegues and low work pressure. Never Stretched beyond working hours

ConsStringent rules and low salary package. Fear of getting sacked when the project is closed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Lenient to the employees

Good money but a lot of overtime!

Material Handler (Former Employee) Mattoon, IL (US)

ProsVery good pay. Most of the people are not bad to work with and three half hour breaks in an eight hour shift.

ConsVery long hours!!! 12 hour shifts constantly and a lot of working weekends. It leaves no time to spend with your family.

Large company but recognize talent and focus on retention

Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsI've been with RRD for almost 6 years and work in sales. The company is giant so mobility is tangible and they focus on keeping sales employees happy. Their acquisition strategy is robust, they're always looking to scoop up the big opportunities, which only strengthen their value proposition.

ConsCompensation for sales is limitless on the commission payment structure. Compensation for those not in sales tends to be on the low side. This creates a palatable dichotomy between sales and production and individual facilities. I'ts quite common as far as the industry goes though.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on sales training and continuous learning programs.

Good place to work, but not when you want day shift hours...

ProsMoney is good, good people to work with. Easy work.

ConsAnyone can get a job on 2nd shift or 3rd shift... very VERY hard to get on day shift.

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!