QuEST Global

Updated 17 December, 2014
Updated 17 December, 2014
2.6

Ajit Prabhu

Pros
  • Flexible work hours, Medical, dental and vision plans decently priced for value (in 7 reviews)

• technical knowledge is plenty and opportunities to learn are more (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You're handed work to do but upper management doesn't understand the work scope (in 7 reviews)

• Team leads have degrees in political science and other non-engineering degrees (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, lots of opportunities to grow.

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Excellent working environment and team support
    - Good vision and strategy for development
    - Great training programs for employees
    - Excellent Project Management Process
    - Great Values and heavily involved in making the world a better place

Cons

- Below average Salary
    - Vacations can be denied if working for customer (this is not QuEST fault, but your customers dependence on you)
    - Upper Management takes long time to make decisions

- Pay your employees a competitive salary to retain them
    - You should be more active in dealing between your employees and their customers when they want to take a vacation

clerical job

I worked at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

mundane,, boring ,, repetitive

Cons

no opportunities, mangers with horns

Low Pay but Low Stress

I worked at QuEST Global

Pros

Low stress environment. Good transition job for young people.

Cons

Low pay and the facilities are far from state of the art.

Consider kicking up compensation slightly and the pool of talent will grow immensely.

Electrical Harness design for A380 and A350 Projct along with 3D modelling for WING parts of A330 Neo Project.

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working environment is Good along with management.

Cons

3D modelling of wing Parts of A330 neo projects.

You get out of Quest what you put in.

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Windsor Locks, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Windsor Locks, CT (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule.
    Opportunities to work with various clients in different fields.

Cons

Limited Vacation time.
    Many co-workers can be immature.
    On-boarding (training), is almost non existent.
    Too much emphasis on metrics, which are not fully communicated as to what exactly they measure.
    Definitely an old (young) boys club mentality.

I believe there should be more of an effort to ensure new employees are aware of quest policies. Also, all qualifying employees should be made of opportunities both within quest and beyond.

Great for experience, very good for entry level engineers

Current Employee - Structural Analysis Engineer/Controls Engineer in East Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

First of all, after reading a lot of these reviews I'd like to clear up something. QuEST Global has two main engineering functions. One is PECOE, and one is CAE. PECOE is a center for project engineers and they get paid a lot less, they are paid hourly, have fewer benefits, and you'll will find many people with very little qualifications. Many of the negative comments written here are from people who worked in PECOE which is totally different from CAE. CAE is the engineering section of QuEST where you will find salaried employees with decent benefits and engineering degrees.

Following that clarification, I would like to talk about my experience at QuEST. I worked in there main headquarters in East Hartford as an intern (At the time, I was still a college student). As an intern I was paid a decent wage and got the chance to do some really interesting work. I learned ANSYS as an intern! Being the only intern in the building, I also had the chance for exposure and to be well known in the company. They were very flexible with scheduling hours around my school schedule.

After about a year of interning, I graduated from school with a BSME and was offered a full time position immediately. I was offered a competitive salary and PTO matched Pratt & Whitney. The environment was friendly, and the majority of people were young and professional. I was rarely intimidated by an individual. There are also many opportunities to move around and be promoted (fairly quickly) because of how fast the company was growing. Overall, the company had a great culture and there was an excellent work-life balance. This was an excellent place to work straight out of college.

Cons

I had very few cons with this company, but there are definitely somethings I would like to point out.

- Workload fluctuations were HORRIBLE (some teams more than others). One week you would be extremely busy, the next week you would be on Craigslist 24/7.

- I felt as if sometimes you would be pressured by management. Someone constantly checking the hours you put in and your timesheets, and making sure if you've been billable or not. I felt as if I wasn't being trusted. You would be asked the same questions about your project progress multiple times a day, which got annoying.

- Very little budget for ANYTHING that they can't bill to their customer. Training sessions, internal meetings, team building exercises (and many more things that I can't think of) are all examples of events that the company wouldn't pay for! It was all on your own. Who would want to take part in any thing that they are not being paid for.

- Absolutely mediocre tuition reimbursement program. You get *upto* $2000 per semester for a course approved by your team lead and manager. You must do very good in the class to get the reimbursement and it is a long, stupid, process to receive the reimbursement. Did I mention its a raffle? Yes, only 5 people per semester receive this reimbursement. QuEST needs to realize that most of their employees have less than 5 years of experience and that it would be great to receive *decent* tuition reimbursement for their own personal growth.

Invest more in your employees. You have done a great job with the culture, but allow the employees to enjoy their time at work. Increase the unbillable budget to allow for some team building exercises and/or training. The day gets boring very fast when all you do is sit behind a desk for 8 hours.

Also, do something about your tuition reimbursement program. It is probably one of the worst programs I've heard of from an engineering firm of this size.

Overall, upper management is intelligent and have done a great job being a competitve outsourcer.

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

technical knowledge is plenty and opportunities to learn are more

Cons

there are no cons as such

They paid me, I gained experience.

Former Employee - Mechanical Designer
    Former Employee - Mechanical Designer

I worked at QuEST Global as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very few, If any.
    I got paid mostly on time.
    What can I say. There aren't very many advantages to working for Quest. I had no choice.

Cons

Where do I start:
    There was very little to no communication between me, the client, and my superiors.
    My "boss" changed multiple times; 1st boss wasn't even in my country, 2nd boss was but could care less about interaction.
    Benefits were offered but they weren't even worth the drop in salary.
    Almost zero communication after 1 year contract ended; zero loyalty to hard workers.
    Required to write your own exit interview.
    Never actually met face to face with anyone from the company.
    Payroll services were over seas so a major time difference was involved.
    I could keep going on and on about why you should think twice about this company.
    I would say only work for them if you're going to be homeless tomorrow.

People are not commodities; they are assets. Good and hard workers are worth their weight in gold.

Acceptable

Current Employee - Quality Systems Auditor in Lansing, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Systems Auditor in Lansing, MI (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are pleasant to work with.

Cons

Benefits could be much better.

A great learning experience

Former Employee - Heat Transfer Engineer in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Heat Transfer Engineer in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wide variety of projects to work on and learn from. Flex time has been reduced in recent years, but overall a pretty laid back environment from what I've experienced

Cons

There was A LOT of dead time. Their project planning wasn't exactly the best either: there are a lot of transfers between offices due to changes in demand for the contract work. This leads to a lot of downtime and office transfers (as in: move to another city, or find a new job).

Keep engineers applied, make sure we are learning new things at all times.