PwC

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.5 4,743 reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • No work-life balance during busy season because the nature of assurance work(in 237 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 803 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 787 reviews)

4,743 Employee Reviews

Great foundation for a career.

Principal Consultant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsFast paced, always learning, surrounded by smart people

ConsWhat is work life balance?

manager

ProsGreat career place to get some good experience

ConsSalary is low compare to places outside public accounting

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove salary structure

Great company culture!

ProsGreat people to work with
    Fantastic benefits
    Plenty of ways to learn and develop
    Lots of internal opportunity

ConsCan't complain about a thing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning experience

ProsMany opportunities to work together with other lines of service and an abundance of resources from which to learn.

ConsWork/life balance - as expected at a Big 4 firm

Hard work, under paid

ProsPeople at the firm are smart. Go getters everywhere.

ConsManagement wants to be more proftiable but want to cut the hours it takes to do work but want to enhance quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life balance needs.to be truly promoted

Great culture

Tax Associate (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsOffers tons of professional development, promotes when we are ready and allows employees to work in different departments. They are flexible with work schedule and sometimes the employee can work from home. Vacation is negotiable, as is he overtime (bank or pay).

ConsOvertime at tax season . Also, there are some pretty complex corporate tax returns to prepare.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up the team sense and the door open policy

Challenging, skill-building, thought provoking

Senior Associate - Advisory (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

Proschallenging projects make you really think. great exposure to complex problems. opportunities to learn and solve those problems.

Consdifferent working styles of project managers (partners, directors, managers), coddling environment for rotation program, extremely lean staff teams with tight deadlines

Advice to Senior Managementimportant to ensure fringe benefits are shared fairly, do not exclude employees, strive for cohension

Senior Associate

ProsGreat opportunity for career advance through a diverse set of client experiences

ConsLong hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city

Never want to come back

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities to get exposed to diff clients, lots of training, coaching and very steep learning curve.

ConsWork life balance is always a struggle. Tight deadline, high turnover rate, busy season can be all year round, some jerk managers, hard to get to manager level, pressure to learn about diff client business within very short time, too much pressure, no personal life etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take care of ur employees and treat them properly! I know you have thousands of us here, and u r used to high turn over rate, we r not machine but human being. We put every efforts to meet client deadline, what did we get in the end ? Nothing but just a thank you, u deserves it?

Awesome culture, great support from good people, interesting work, but satanic workload.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Sydney, NS

ProsThe people are great, very supportive and the team culture is fantastic. Everyone in the firm is young and energetic with awesome creative ideas. Progression is fast if you're good, and merits are generally rewarded.

ConsThe workload is insane and the expected work hours are unreasonable. There is no work life balance whatsoever. 60 hour weeks are standard and it could go higher during crunch time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe remuneration should be consistent with the effort required to work here.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!