Provident New York Bancorp

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jack L. Kopnisky

Small, but Growing

Vice President (Current Employee)
Montebello, NY (US)

I have been working at Provident New York Bancorp full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people that work at the bank are very nice. They are always friendly, helpful and willing to pitch in and share their expertise on a project

ConsProvident is a community bank trying to be a regional bank so it's going through some growing pains with employees, vendors and clients

Advice to Senior ManagementThe strategy for growth is a good one but recognize where you are currently and the reality of what you need to do to accomplish where you want to go

bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Provident New York Bancorp full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood co-workers, great customers, ok benefits good products

Consbad management, poor organization , unreliable systems

Advice to Senior Managementtake a deeper look at your branches

Be cautious

ProsExpanding footprint; Pending merger appears to complement both bank's businesses.

ConsUnfair treatment, employees motivated by fear and not by a positive environment. Upper management tries to improve morale by having pizza and ice cream days but everyone knows it is a smokescreen and more of a token than real effort to make things better.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch out for negative effects of improper employee treatment

Good for the initial recent changes have hurt the morale of the employees

Business Manager (Current Employee)
Suffern, NY (US)

I have been working at Provident New York Bancorp full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLong time community Bank Loyal customer base

Conshateful- mid management who doesn,t care about employees but themselves

Advice to Senior Managementbe mindful of your branch employees or you will pay a big price

Provident bank Relationship Banker II

White Plains, MD (US)

I have been working at Provident New York Bancorp full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat training, when there was new things to be learned. I took advantage of training classes and potential growth.

ConsVery unprofessional, the staff was very young. There was no potential to grow. I would never bank there. They was once provident bank. Now there M&T. That says a lot

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need more training than the tellers. My manager was dumb as a door n
Knob. She relayed on the tellers to do her work. And I am a true believer that its not what you know it's who you know because she should have never had that position very unhealthy work environment.

Awesome Place To Work

Manager (Current Employee)
Montebello, NY (US)

I have been working at Provident New York Bancorp full-time

ProsProvident has been transforming itself in the past year or so to take a more agressive stance towards sales and customer service. Teamwork is encouraged and everyone is friendly. Results are coming thorugh and the Street is recognizing this by being able to raise capital easily as well as getting positive ratings from analysts. I believe we are in more bigger and better things from the bank. Customer products and services are top notch and the bank which inlcudes management is very customer centric.

ConsCould look into expanding ATM network by joining an ATM network like Allpoint.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into better employee engagement at the lower ranks. Maybe by having a quarterly meeting with all bank staff recognizing goal makers as well as any news, plans, promotions, new employees, etc. This will make all employees feel like they are in touch.

satisfying

I have been working at Provident New York Bancorp

ProsEveryone is friendly. There is a lot of room for growth within the company. Overall a good experience.

ConsTeamwork is not always encouraged. Sometimes people just end up doing their own thing. This could be a con people but maybe not for others.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more teamwork. Give more incentives for completing work. Ask for employee feedback to see how everything is going.

Don't Bother

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Provident New York Bancorp

ProsBenefits are great, 9-5 hours.

Consfavortizism from senior management, unprofessional staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR needs to be more involved with what is going on with management.

Worked for Provident New York Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Provident New York Bancorp reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Provident New York Bancorp CEO Jack L. Kopnisky. All 8 reviews are posted anonymously by Provident New York Bancorp employees.