Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com

Fair opportunity to prove value and provide meaningful contribution

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

There is a sufficient opportunity provided for professional growth, there are impressive philanthropic efforts, and there is an effective use of performance metrics.

Cons

The benefits package is sub-par. There is not a designated individual to handle human resources-related questions and particularly questions related to health benefits coverage. This is a major shortcoming.

Designate an assigned individual to communicate with employees regarding human resources issues and benefits-related issues.

Progressive Business Publications Response

Sep 03, 2014Business Team Manager

We have several people designated to help handle HR and benefits questions. If you are located in a branch, contact your branch manager. If you are located in our Malvern headquarters, you may ask ... More

rewarding

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager in Reading, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager in Reading, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, great people, great pay

Cons

Frustrated at sales standards, the average person cannot excel, company does not cancel subscriptions accurately

lower standards of sales for employees, rent better ventilated office space

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Excellent opportunities for advancement with the company. Great choice for people that have other obligations (single parents, two jobs, etc). Write your own paycheck!

Cons

It is a performance type position. It may not be the job for everyone. Sometimes people have to leave because they are over qualified and have to take a position making more money.

Continue constant growth through training and development of every employee. Offer incentives to employees in the form of benefits (410K, profit sharing, etc.).

I've always been treated fairly and I feel it's a great place to work.

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Expectations are clear -- performance is rewarded. If you are struggling, there is plenty of help available -- you just need to ask. There's a good balance between hard work and socializing. Senior management encourages learning and development both inside and outside the office, and the benefits package is generous, even if the starting salaries are somewhat low for certain positions.

Cons

Technology has not always kept pace with growth.

Good company, focused on sales & marketing.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Malvern, PA (US)

Pros

The best part of PBP is that everyone is always open to new ideas and the management team is constantly looking for growth opportunities.

Cons

The biggest challenge is that sometimes there is not good teamwork between departments. At times there can be a "silo" approach or mentality to each business unit.

PBP has a very good benefits program including profit sharing and 401k, so hopefully all that continues.

Great Experience!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Reading, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Reading, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Company offers allot of flexibility in it's scheduling, great for single Moms, students, etc.

Cons

As in any Sales environment, the Company expects results.

More Training for New Hires.

Great Place To Work! Career Growth Welcome!

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA (US)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome employees to work with, great career development options, benefits are very good for all employees involved, upper management loves to listen to all new ideas, thoughts & concerns. Overall a very good place to work!

Cons

Need more cross-department support for all projects in motion. Salary does not always match current job responsibilities. When people leave sometimes you are just expected to take on more work without much notice. But that being said is a great time to prove yourself and take on new challenges.

Continue 401k & profit sharing, possibly do more team building exercises and activities.

Structure, growth and flexibility.

Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA (US)

Pros

I love the hours. No evenings or weekends. The fact that I am able to grow with the company. They promote from within. The training program is outstanding. A great atmosphere! A very supportive culture. The company knows how important we are. I enjoy coming to work every day. Not many can say that.

Cons

I have never run into any cons that cause me to re evaluate my position here.

Management has done an outstanding job with everything.

A positive environment.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Meadville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Meadville, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its a very friendly atmosphere. There's always plenty of encouragement from Jen and the rest of the management team.
    Plenty of room for growth!

Cons

i wish that the base salary was higher, though i understand that we get bonuses for good performance.

so nice that the hours are flexible to accommodate life happenings such as appointments, and personal needs to be out early or a day off

Overall positive experience; Lots of room to grow within the company.

Current Employee - Conference Producer in Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Conference Producer in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You are never micromanaged in your position. Managers/upper-level employees check in, but allow you to do your work without breathing down your neck. There is always room to take on more job responsibilities, or work on special projects after you've established yourself there.

Cons

Salary doesn't always match your job responsibilities. Often, people will either leave/get fired, and everyone is just expected to take on more responsibilities without any increase in salary.

Increase the salaries/bonus pay (for the good employees) so they don't feel overworked/under paid.

Progressive Business Publications Photos