Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com

Progressive Business Publications Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Ed Satell

Pros
  • Casual work environment, realistic bosses usually willing to help out(in 11 reviews)

• Strong record of giving back to the community(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Vacation time, no natural light, company culture could be improved because the company seems silo'd at times between different business units(in 4 reviews)

• Upper management should be given an office(in 4 reviews)

Excellent life and work balance

Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsVery diverse culture with helpful management

ConsNo room for salary negotatian

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe the management should consider raising salaries based on experience.

I've always been treated fairly and I feel it's a great place to work.

ProsExpectations are clear -- performance is rewarded. If you are struggling, there is plenty of help available -- you just need to ask. There's a good balance between hard work and socializing. Senior management encourages learning and development both inside and outside the office, and the benefits package is generous, even if the starting salaries are somewhat low for certain positions.

ConsTechnology has not always kept pace with growth.

rewarding

Sales Representative/Branch Manager (Former Employee) Reading, PA (US)

Prosflexible schedule, great people, great pay

ConsFrustrated at sales standards, the average person cannot excel, company does not cancel subscriptions accurately

Advice to Senior Managementlower standards of sales for employees, rent better ventilated office space

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place To Work! Career Growth Welcome!

Manager (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

ProsGreat work environment, awesome employees to work with, great career development options, benefits are very good for all employees involved, upper management loves to listen to all new ideas, thoughts & concerns. Overall a very good place to work!

ConsNeed more cross-department support for all projects in motion. Salary does not always match current job responsibilities. When people leave sometimes you are just expected to take on more work without much notice. But that being said is a great time to prove yourself and take on new challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue 401k & profit sharing, possibly do more team building exercises and activities.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Manager (Current Employee) Boardman, OH (US)

ProsRelaxed work environment. Excellent opportunities for advancement with the company. Great choice for people that have other obligations (single parents, two jobs, etc). Write your own paycheck!

ConsIt is a performance type position. It may not be the job for everyone. Sometimes people have to leave because they are over qualified and have to take a position making more money.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue constant growth through training and development of every employee. Offer incentives to employees in the form of benefits (410K, profit sharing, etc.).

Structure, growth and flexibility.

Manager (Current Employee) Pottsville, PA (US)

ProsI love the hours. No evenings or weekends. The fact that I am able to grow with the company. They promote from within. The training program is outstanding. A great atmosphere! A very supportive culture. The company knows how important we are. I enjoy coming to work every day. Not many can say that.

ConsI have never run into any cons that cause me to re evaluate my position here.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has done an outstanding job with everything.

A positive environment.

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Meadville, PA (US)

ProsIts a very friendly atmosphere. There's always plenty of encouragement from Jen and the rest of the management team.
    Plenty of room for growth!

Consi wish that the base salary was higher, though i understand that we get bonuses for good performance.

Advice to Senior Managementso nice that the hours are flexible to accommodate life happenings such as appointments, and personal needs to be out early or a day off

Fun experiences to be had. Nice people great enviroment

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule. No nights no weekends yeaaaa. Competitive environment. Nice people to work for. Always willing to help.

ConsDefinitely have to sit still and focus. Be goal oriented. Willing to handle rejection

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, encouraging people to grow with the company.

Awesome work culture! This company really supports both personal and professional development.

Morning Manager (Current Employee) Williamsport, PA (US)

ProsIn addition to the flexible work schedule, competitive pay, and opportunities for advancement- PBP's core values facilitate an environment I'm proud to be a part of.

ConsBecause of the flexibility of the work schedule you have to be self managed. For some, this can different and challenging from what they are used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Summer Internship Experience

Data Analytics Intern (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

ProsAlthough I have only been with Progressive Business Publications for a short time, I can see many positive things about the company. They have a wealth of employees that create a substantial amount of high quality content for their products. They offer a laid back work environment with a lax business casual dress code. The company is focused on giving back to the community and has a strong sense of corporate social responsibility.

ConsThe Progressive Business Publication brand has been tarnished through an outdated sales process. Even through all of the good things the company does, when you speak to others about who you work for there is typically a negative connotation to the conversation.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to explore other areas of business to enter into by actively engaging your customers.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!