ProBuild

Be The First To
Add Photos

ProBuild CEO Robert Marchbank

Robert Marchbank

Pros
  • The compensation and benefits offered here are extremely generous (in 3 reviews)

• Flexibility for a work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not take the time to learn who their employees are (in 4 reviews)

• Strategy and tactics from the parent company Fidelity don't mesh with the industry and local ProBuild leadership is not able to say "No" (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

15 months later.......Still upheaval !

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsStill waiting.......some good employees, but they move on and out of ProBuild.

ConsToo many levels of management. Lack of communication, incentives, recognition , mobility for hourly employees. Too many contract employees. 75% of HR looking to leave. No backfill when employees leave. Tired of hearing "change is hard"

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Director Level of Mgt. Not needed. Engage and invest in your employees. Stop hiring at the top and keep the lower levels staffed. Learn how to mentor your employees.

Good People

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Brainerd, MN (US)

ProsThe people around the yard were good to work with, very willing to help out each other.

ConsThe issue I had was a lack of any type of urgency on the customers behalf. The customer would be taken care of, eventually.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on the smaller customers, as they will bring in the larger ones.

Very positive experience with ProBuild.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsCEO is very employee oriented, but understands business is business. Strong company values and this has been validated with company saying "goodbye" to key employees that have crossed the line. Leadership is strong amongst roughly 40% of senior leadership with others somewhat hanging on somehow. Pay and benefits are solid.

ConsAt the HQ level, company does not seem to be able to get out of the way of itself. Too many large projects that affect the field and never come to fruition. Great ideas, but lack of execution especially on the IT side which has little to no flexibility and/or business knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement and execute before piling more on. Pretend it's your money that's being invested.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience was OK...

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Longmont, CO (US)

ProsVery friendly co-workers environment. Monthly bonuses for all if goals achieved was the best thing, which naturally created team spirit.

ConsNo clear vision, mission statement, changing leadership, low employee retention.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisor's attitude towards employees could be much more supportive and understanding.

this used to be a good company to work for

Truss Truck Driver/Crane Operator (Former Employee) Clackamas, OR (US)

Prospromotions with in the company are slow from lower positions. Management moves around a lot, Pay is low but checks always are good.

Conspay raises are almost impossible to get and pay rates are very low. Management only cares about the bottom line. Communication is very lacking

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your drivers more encouragement and pay them for the job that they preform.

DO THEY REALLY CARE

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) Delta, CO (US)

Prosgood place to work if you have a job

ConsTO MANY CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS, WHERE I WORKED THERE WERE NO BONUS GIVEN OUT ,EXPECTED EVERYTHING BUT NEVER GAVE ANYTHING AS FAR AS INCENTIVE AND YOU MUST LICK THE RIGHT BOOTS TO ADVANCE

Advice to Senior Managementthink about the people who gave over 10 years of service to the company

Fairly Treated but a little hectic

Assembler (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsGood Benefits, Management is patient and treats people well

ConsNot much training, you have to kind of figure things out on your own. Long uncertain hours. You get off when the job is done there are no set times.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some work and safety training programs in place.

Great company to work for

ProsGreat opportunity for growth and promotion. Great atmosphere and great people. Outlook for the future looks good.

ConsWork and stress can seem to pile on at times, but you are not given more than you can handle.

Sr. Administrative

Administrative (Current Employee) Dolores, CO (US)

ProsFellow employess are an asset and very reliable

ConsWhen Probuild buys out failing companies that are failing, we tend to get rid of great Probuild employees and replace them with the faililng company employees that we just purchased.

Advice to Senior ManagementProbuild employees are dedicated, keep them around. Get rid of raises and move towards COLAs.

No sales trainee program

ProsGood benefits
    Decent work schedule
    Ok paid time off

ConsNo training for new sales reps
    Old computer system
    stone age business processes

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a training program for you sales trainees or you will never retain them

Worked for ProBuild? Contribute to the Community!