Press Ganey

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan

Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 5 reviews)

• There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Loss of mission, vision and values is damaging those that matter most - the customers (external/internal).

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCasual work environment with benefits (vacation time/insurance). Friendly, educated and helpful co-workers willing to help with tasks. Discount toward gym membership to improve employee fitness/wellness.

ConsMajor disconnect between employees and leadership. Lack of resources and staff to adequately serve the customers. Promotions, if they happen, are rare and typically occur at senior manager/executive level. Huge employee turnover throughout 2013.

Advice to Senior ManagementLessons are repeated until they are learned...listen to your employees and implement improvements quickly.

Do not like the direction of the company

ProsLaid back work environment and fast paced culture

ConsToo many managers and too few associates

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to associates more

Unrealistic expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) South Bend, IN (US)

ProsStill some flex scheduling/WFH allowed, good people on teams, still some smart people remaining. Can still see a shadow of what the company used to be.

ConsBleeding staff off like crazy, low or non-existent raises, management constantly changing focus and promising clients projects on unrealistic delivery schedules. Always having to compromise product quality to get things done under the gun. Cannot hire new staff to cover attrition, or hiring process moves interminably slow if allowed (rarely).

Advice to Senior ManagementResign.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork from home options, business casual dress, decent pay.

ConsAmbiguous job descriptions; unclear roles and responsibilities. Attended a major conference call that was boring and rather quiet. Then, the CTO jumps on the call and it was as if the seas parted and the sun started shining. Everyone and anyone was trying to get their point or feedback in at any cost. Highly political environment. Several groups withhold information in order to keep system knowledge at a minimum, therefore ensuring job security. Leadership runs and hides when things go bad, leaving front line staff to pick up the pieces or clean up the mess left behind. Lots of good employees left the company in my short time there.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearly define roles and responsibilities. Figure out what type of company you want to be. Open the lines of communication. Slow the amount of strategic/visionary changes and let your folks run with it.

Regional Director

Regional Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat theoretical product space and future in healthcare market

ConsPoor management skill set with Nepotistic mentality, poor culture- Company has recently hired a number of previous Broadland employees into management and executive position who either never made the cut to work with MedAssets or couldn't make the cut once the got to med assets

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with the people who got you here not unethical leaders from other organizations that were let go because the couldn't cut the muster.

Formerly fantastic currently awful

ProsCo workers, the original mission of the company, the healthcare industry,

Consmanagement is extremely arrogant with no results that would justify arrogance, A exemplary culture focused on accountability, mutual respect, customer focused, and employee driven has been destroyed. It seems the current ceo and many of his henchmen/women came from a company where they did not survive the cut

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease resign

Great mission. Lousy vision.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are some of the smartest and funniest people I've ever met. Very committed to the job.

ConsVery top heavy. Lousy management. No clear strategic vision. No transparency. Misogyny runs rampant. Employees not valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire or develop good management talent. Too often, managers are sharing information inappropriately with subordinates. Managers also play favorites with subordinates who are also friends. There is too much of this going on there, so, those who aren't friends with their managers get the short straw.

Great if you are an executive....

ProsGood experience, I don't do a lot and I get my personal things done.

ConsBad pay,I basically am a high paid nanny, maid.

You need to be an entrepreneur

Pros1. if you have a great idea and share it - you can make it a reality
    2. We now have the right senior leadership - with Dr. Lee - to articulate our true mission
    3. Quality of life - working virtually ensures it

Cons1. Yes - you must work hard. You had better care about the patient experience. If you do not - this will not be a fit for you.
    2. You must be patient. Our corporate culture is growing - getting better every day. We are not there yet - and you will be happier here if you can take a longer-term view.
    3. Most people on either coast take a pay cut for quality of life.

Advice to Senior Management1. Make yourself accessible.
    2. Stop promoting family members - or at least give others an equal opportunity at those newly-created positions.

Mixed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas a small company with a tremendous focus on patient/ employee/ physician satisfaction metrics, measurement, reporting, and helping clients scientifically understand their feedback and how to use it to improve.

ConsTurned focus away from measurement; multiple clients and employees have left and continue to search for a company that truly focuses on accurate reporting of experiences. Several new management teams have come in and thrown the company off the rails. So many good people left, and continue to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your roots - return to your core business.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!