Press Ganey

Updated 18 January, 2015
3.5

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 6 reviews)

• Press Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 6 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

Really is a great company

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey over 10 years, through the ups and downs that all companies have, and I have always been impressed with how our staff bands together and always comes out on top. I feel that Press Ganey has become my second family. I know that people here care about me, and want me to succeed. In my time with PG I have been promoted 5 times, and have been able to grow in my career, and I see I have many more opportunities ahead. Along with being able to grow I am constantly challenged. Every day is different, and I find the change and the challenges thrown my way exciting and makes me look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

Like any growing company, we have hurdles to over come and our ups and downs. It is how we handle and get through the hard times that make us successful. I know leadership would like to promote everyone and give everyone an opportunity to grow in their careers, but that takes time.

It is important for front line managers and leaders to promote the culture of PG with their staff. It seems like there are times we are waiting on the CEO, COO to own the culture of PG, and that is not always possible.

Jan 16, 2015Director of Internal Communications

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm glad to hear you have enjoyed a successful career with Press Ganey.

Good place

Former Employee - Intern in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Wakefield, MA (US)

I worked at Press Ganey as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

good management, work life balance, good working environment

Cons

I can't find anything that is bad.

nothing

If you care about making a difference in the patient experience - this is the company for you!

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Press Ganey cares about patients - which is evident in our Compassionate Connected Care model. We are about reduction of suffering. I work with people who are mission-driven - who are energized by this vision and want to make a difference in the world - and with our clients/partners. People have certain ideas about consulting companies - and that is NOT us.

Cons

You had better be comfortable with change - and about stepping up to express your opinions. I say this especially to our Morehead colleagues. Get over it - you are Press Ganey now and we are so happy to have you! Apply what you know about culture to help us be better as a company. Your opinion and thoughts are invaluable.

Keep doing what you are doing. It is making a difference.

Jan 16, 2015Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your thoughtful review. And I agree, we value the opinions of our (former) Morehead colleagues in helping us to employ best practices to strengthen employee engagement.

Company that cares!

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Great benfits. One company that definitenly takes care of their employees.

Cons

Hard to work up in the ranks.

Promote when a promotion is due and not make them apply, interview, etc, for the promotion.

Great people!

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Supportive team. Driven and motivated individuals.

Cons

Limited upward movement. Lots of remote employees

Career growth. Creating a sense of company culture through engaging remote employees

Jan 16, 2015Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your review. We will continue to focus on professional development this year through the launch of the corporate mentoring program, which will also help engage remote associates who ... More

Good

Current Employee - Decision Analytics and Research in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Decision Analytics and Research in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great place for interns. Interns get really project practice and guidance. Team work driven. Open office and people are really nice each other.

Cons

Nothing here! Because I'm just an intern and stayed for like less than 5 months, I don't have much opportunity to get in touch with higher management team.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Flexible work hours
    Very little travel
    Genuinely good people

Cons

No opportunity to advance
    Do not give raises
    Account Management is a dead end job, constant turnover of employees due to low pay

Jan 22, 2015VP, Human Resources and Org Development

I’m sorry to hear that you have not yet had an opportunity to advance in your current role. We promoted 19 Account Managers in 2014, both within their functional area and to other positions within ... More

Investing in the Future.

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Press Ganey continues to invest in the future of their products and their people. The 3 million dollar investment in the Operation's facility in South Bend was timely and well received. This new facility gives the Operation's Team plenty of room for growth and the stability of staying in South Bend. The Information Technology Team is continually enhancing our products and introducing new technology to help the Operation's team become more efficient. This is all needed because the Sale's Team continues to win and win big in our space.

Cons

The major hurdles we face are keeping up with the Government mandates on the CAHPS products, while rolling out enhancements for our other products. They are both fighting for the same resources at the same time, which then requires our team to put in long hours to accomplish all tasks. This effort is not always recognized by Senior Leaders.

Dedicate more resources to our CAHPS effort. This will allow others to concentrate on other parts of our business.

An innovative industry leader with ample opportunity to advance

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

*Great company culture (at South Bend headquarters, as well as auxillary offices)
    *I have been granted numerous opportunities to advance throughout my career at PG
    *We are by far the industry leader, so there is much pride in working for the best
    *We are making considerable investment in technology used for internal operations
    *The benefits are better than those of most employers in the South Bend area
    *Internal communications have greatly improved over the past few years, and will continue to trend that way.
    *Our leadership team is very capable and savvy

Cons

*To be successful, you must be willing to work many more than the standard 40 hour work week. However, when you're passionate about the corporate mission, and you know your hard work will be recognized, the benefit is worth the cost.

*Continue the excellent work in representing Press Ganey in the marketplace. When Pat Ryan, Joe Greskoviak, Dr. Lee, and other C-Suite executives visit clients, they put the company's best foot forward and build tremendous credibility and it has amounted to some amazing closed deals. Keep forging onward in the marketplace and we will continue to deliver optimal customer service and operational excellence.