Planned Parenthood

www.plannedparenthood.org

Planned Parenthood Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Planned Parenthood – New York – “View from elevators”

Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards

Cecile Richards

Pros
  • Opportunity to work on important issues like health care for women(in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits, giving back to the community(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a good deal of secrecy and cronyism among the upper management in the Arizona affiliate(in 7 reviews)

• Compensation, constant/high turnover, incompetent management, reputation of the company(in 5 reviews)

Great experience

Public Affairs Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

Prosfriendly supervisor, able to participate in events and lobby days, great training, co-workers optimistic and passionate about their work, a lot of learning opportunities, great atmosphere

Consunpaid internship, sometimes relaxed atmosphere with little work assigned

I enjoyed my time at Planned Parenthood and really learned a lot.

EMT (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA (US)

ProsNew experiences, personal relationships with patients and co-workers, learned a lot about gynecological practice and health.

ConsPractically all-female (and many young women) staff and the atmosphere can get quite catty sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any advice for the management staff. I enjoyed everything about my time there.

volunteer

Prosflexible and willing to work with you

ConsCan sometimes be a little overwhelming.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Upper management made it a disappointing experience....

Family Planning RN (Former Employee) Yakima, WA (US)

ProsGood schedule flexibility
    Good benefits
    Good co-workers

ConsPoorly qualified and trained upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure a clinic manager and upper level executivez are properly trained and qualified for the position.....not just promoted because of tenure or who the know.

Very educating and eye opening

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOffers a great service to people from all walks of life with no questions asked. Clinician at the time I was there was the best! Very nice coworkers who all got along with each other.

ConsPay scale not in line with most other healthcare organizations, way too low in certain capacities.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more education for employees more often, maybe monthly inservices on various important topics.

Great people and really support the cause of Famliy Planning

Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsGreat benefits, extremely nice people to work with

ConsPublic thinks all we do are abortions when the majority of our work is Family Planning

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a more dynamic and up to date culture

Everyone working together to support a great cause: Care No Matter What!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsTeam members who share similar beliefs and values, great hours

ConsFor me, dealing with the stigma has been the biggest issue. Trying to figure out who I should tell and keeping myself safe is a balance I'm still working on. Also, regular protestors are annoying.

Wonderful staff is a job

ProsDoctors and nurses are dedicated and committed, a wonder to watch, the level of care is amazing

ConsIn a word, management. Empire building to the detriment of the mission. Favoritism is a real problem, allowing some people to set their own agenda. Few projects are followed through to completion

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between departments would be a good start. More realistic time lines for projects and more equitable treatment of employees.

It was a good place to learn and grow skills.

Development Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsLots of opportunities to help on projects, work independently and good feedback.

ConsBecause it's a nonprofit salary and pay of course aren't spectacular but that's to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentivize workers to stay longer

Registered Nurse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood first job. Friendly, quirky staff

ConsPay is the lowest for nurses I have ever seen. Ever. So there is a high turnover.
    Nurses are basically medication pushers and hand holders. The medical assistants get more responsibility than the nurses.

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!