Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach

Marc Lautenbach

Pros
  • This company provides a great work life balance(in 55 reviews)

• Company pays well, good benefits, growth opportunities(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Entrenched senior management in India(in 21 reviews)

• Unfortunately the support system from upper management did not coincide with this message(in 20 reviews)

They truly were a company that took care of their Sales team!

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are motivated by contests for trips, electronics and bonuses then they will definitely give you what you need to motivate you for success. they have lots of room to move withing the company and you can work with the best Marketing team ever!

ConsIt is a fortune 500 company so just like others you get lost sometimes in the mix of things. They will sometimes make wrong decisions with a valued employee and let them go instead making a situation better.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure who you have running your teams is worth the time and is a true leader. spend more time with offices not just locked up in boardrooms.

no training

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood B2B sales experience
    great opportunity to learn about sales

Conslow pay
    shrinking industry
    not a fun working environment

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more training

Good

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Midtown Toronto, ON

Proscamraderie; challenge; commish and opportunity

Conspublicly traded; management 5 year vision;

Advice to Senior Managementmove to sofrware

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee) Ajax, ON

ProsGreat coworkers, frequent team events, compensation was good, hours of work (9-5), paid vacation. great benefits

ConsMicromanaged, selling products in an industry that is decreasing, inadequate training. little room for growth. sales people who have been in the role for a long time receive majority of the accounts in "open" territory which makes it hard for new Account Manager's to succeed.

Excellent starter office/business job.

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) Ajax, ON

ProsGreat People, decent compensation, decent work environment, easy.

ConsTerrible inter-company communication. Awful company portrayal to customers through too many communications channels. Unconsolidated systems and old databases.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop giving handouts to employees, stop favouritism based on seniority, consistency is key across all channels and ALL your employees will respect you.

I worked on a summer internship at Pitney Bowes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Great co-workers
    -Comfortable working environment
    -Not overworked / even distribution of workload

ConsI can't think of anything that was a stand-out con in my time there, however I may have preferred greater responsibility and development (however, understandable since summer is generally a slower period)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees! The company is headed in the right direction.

Company acquired by PB

Vice President (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGood access to talent programs, strong relationships within the business unit, global opportunities.

ConsNeutralized the culture of our company after the acquisition. Unclear the role PB wanted us to play in the organization. Internal competition to market.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what purpose you are acquiring companies for and move swiftly to drive that value.

Overall good company to start your career with but not for long term

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) Saskatoon, SK

Prosno micromanaging, good life work balance

Consless pay than industry standards

A great team at all levels to work with!

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGreat incentives, Lots of opportunities, amazing training as sales and management. Potential to make great money and sell products that clients truly can love.

ConsWhen they decide your role is no longer needed they don't really help you to move into another position quickly. Have to be a good high value sales person if you cannot sell value of a premium product you cannot work for PB.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep teams motivated and give them successes to strive for.

Gone downhill

Project Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsPreviously a place to grow

ConsNo business, company shut down

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some ownership!

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!