Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach

Marc Lautenbach

Pros:
  • "The work/life balance is stressed and the ability to telecommute is a bonus"
    in 34 reviews
  • "Company pays well, good benefits, growth opportunities"
    in 34 reviews
Cons:
  • "So Managing Senior management and work will be too difficult in Pitney Bowes Inc"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Upper management has become the biggest micromanaging group ever"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Ajax, ON

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat coworkers, frequent team events, compensation was good, hours of work (9-5), paid vacation. great benefits

ConsMicromanaged, selling products in an industry that is decreasing, inadequate training. little room for growth. sales people who have been in the role for a long time receive majority of the accounts in "open" territory which makes it hard for new Account Manager's to succeed.

Excellent starter office/business job.

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee)
Ajax, ON

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat People, decent compensation, decent work environment, easy.

ConsTerrible inter-company communication. Awful company portrayal to customers through too many communications channels. Unconsolidated systems and old databases.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop giving handouts to employees, stop favouritism based on seniority, consistency is key across all channels and ALL your employees will respect you.

I worked on a summer internship at Pitney Bowes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pitney Bowes

Pros-Great co-workers
-Comfortable working environment
-Not overworked / even distribution of workload

ConsI can't think of anything that was a stand-out con in my time there, however I may have preferred greater responsibility and development (however, understandable since summer is generally a slower period)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees! The company is headed in the right direction.

Company acquired by PB

Vice President (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood access to talent programs, strong relationships within the business unit, global opportunities.

ConsNeutralized the culture of our company after the acquisition. Unclear the role PB wanted us to play in the organization. Internal competition to market.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what purpose you are acquiring companies for and move swiftly to drive that value.

Overall good company to start your career with but not for long term

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)
Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 3 years

Prosno micromanaging, good life work balance

Consless pay than industry standards

A great team at all levels to work with!

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat incentives, Lots of opportunities, amazing training as sales and management. Potential to make great money and sell products that clients truly can love.

ConsWhen they decide your role is no longer needed they don't really help you to move into another position quickly. Have to be a good high value sales person if you cannot sell value of a premium product you cannot work for PB.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep teams motivated and give them successes to strive for.

The company needs to realize growth by cutting losses not costs

I have been working at Pitney Bowes

ProsWork/Life balance, in terms of flexible work options.

ConsBenefits are virtually non existent in Canada if you are a single income household and they took away sick days. Field service employees are being asked to become administrators. they don't let them focus on what they do best. "Fix machines and keep customers happy"
The company does not utilize their own products that can be easily used to manage shipping and CRM. To my knowledge they do not even utilize products developed/sold by their software division to get location based intelligence.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to realize growth by cutting losses and not cutting costs.
They have implemented a parts inventory management system (Servigistics) that is costing a lot more in shipping and frustration among field service employees.

Used to be great - but now thanks to the US taking over, avoid this company at all costs!

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time

ProsThere are still some people left from the old days who are great to be around and work with ...

ConsExtreme micromanagement from the US office
No raises for 3 years
Company mandated poor performance reviews
Benefits are laughable
No communication with employees regarding current, short term, or long term plans
No employee engagement at all and morale is very low

Advice to Senior ManagementThere really is nothing to say that could make a difference at this point besides suggesting a complete overhaul of senior management (in the US) ... besides, the US wouldn't listen anyway.

Incompetent management, low pay, low moral. Run the other direction.

Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNone. As sad as it sounds, I can't think of one good thing to say about working here.

ConsIncompetent management
Low pay
Non existent benefits
No future

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who actually have experience and pay them a decent wage to keep them.

Promote people who actually know what they are doing, instead of people who simply pretend to.

Staff are leaving in droves, and are either not being replaced or replaced by people that don't have a clue what they are doing. This makes everyone look bad.

Management are making major mistakes which is affecting the reputation (that is left) of Pitney Bowes. Major changes are needed immediately before it is too late.

Horrible place to work, incompetent management

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for less than a year

ProsNothing positive at this company

ConsTop management in B.C. /Alberta is completely incompetent. Hired four people for a geographical area and then changed their minds a few months later and laid all the people off.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a competent manger for Western Canada.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!

Pitney Bowes Videos

Pitney Bowes – Why Work for Us?

Connect to your passion. How do you connect? At Pitney Bowes, we believe personal connections are everything—to our employees, to our customers, to our customers' customers. That’s why we're focused on leading a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pitney Bowes reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach. All 412 reviews are posted anonymously by Pitney Bowes employees.