PetSmart

PetSmart Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

PetSmart CEO David K. Lenhardt

David K. Lenhardt

Pros
  • Professional; working with animals is rewarding; decent pay; good team(in 65 reviews)

• Worked as a hotel employee for two years - great hours (usually full time hours), long shifts(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • There are not always full-time opportunities for interns available upon their graduation(in 44 reviews)

• Think twice before signing up for this, or apply for cashier or pet care department(in 38 reviews)

petshotel associate

Pet Care Specialist-Petshotel (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON

ProsThe discount on pet supplies and food is great. The job was really fun and pretty laid back as long as everything was taken care of. It was great to interact with all the dogs and cats that stayed in the hotel. Performance review was taken care of without asking and feedback on performance was given.

ConsWorking holidays was hard, and it would have been great if the position paid more than minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be flexible with schedule, and reward hard working employees.

Absolutely wonderful.

Stocker (Current Employee) Burlington, ON

ProsGood leadership, very laid back, perks like 30% off pet food.

ConsHaven't been talked abouta development plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little less micromanagement would be nice at times.

Strong company, financially sound.

ProsSound company
    Friendly customers
    Get to play with pets

Consvery little merchandising creativity
    growing disparity between store associates and head office support staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Kanata, ON

ProsEasy, has benefits, has great rules and regulations if the damn location follows them.

ConsThey didn't follow the rules, cruel to the animals, sold them them as live feed.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce the rules.

Worst place to work for unless your a kid.

Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) Brampton, ON

Prosyou get to see animals.

ConsMost immature place I ever worked for, managers act like little kids who pass on there work to the associates and taking all the credit. Massive amount of favourtisim to certain people, only hire woman , new managers every 6 months, Roumers spread everyday , there is no security and human resourse do not care for there associates there sapposed to protect. Sexual assault all the time and managers will not do nothing . managers act like there kids in high school. Managers belittle other managers infront of associates. By far the worst ran company I ever worked for.

Advice to Senior Managementworst management ive ever worked for , store and operations manager is absolutely useless, Massive favourtisim , don't do nothing about sexual harassment, very rude and on power trips, very immature, do absolutely nothing for the company besides spread roumers. NO security, anything you tell them will get around the store immidiatly. Belittles everyone taking away any dignity they have.

Great Company to work for

ProsSaving lives is the best motivation

ConsNone that I can speak to

not so good

Pet Trainer (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

Pros15% discount
    flexible schedule
    seeing all kinds of pets

Constoo many friends of friends being hired
    conflicts of interest being ignored
    management doesn't have the nerve to fire anyone
    management living with other employes

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement needs to listen to their employes and grow a set when it comes to policies and conflicts of interests

Mismanaged

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON

ProsGreat vision as a company. Spending your day enjoying helping pet parents with their pets. All the different dogs that come into the store.

ConsStore Management... No empathy for their associates. District Managers take the store managers word as the truth instead of interviewing the other managers regarding how things really work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the subordinate Managers interviewed for review of Store Managers.

great company

Prosgreat employees, they treat you well

Consnothing really , i think its a great company

It was OK

Store Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsRelaxed setting. Petsmart cared about its team members.

ConsLow Pay for hourly associates. Heavy work-load. Management turnover very high, many leave others move all over the place.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!