Perrigo

Perrigo Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Perrigo Chairman, President, and CEO Joseph C. Papa

Joseph C. Papa

Pros
  • Always looking to further embrace the work-life balance (though it can be a slow process of adaption in some areas) (in 7 reviews)

• Family Oriented company with great morals (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Location in small town of Allegan (in 3 reviews)

• Most employees commute from Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great insurance as of fiscal year 2013. Management on executive level is amazing. Management on floor could be better.

Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) Allegan, MI (US)

ProsBonus every quarter. Fitness center along with discounted insurance for being healthy. CEO is one of the best. Very strong core values. Perrigo has many internal job options, help with college, and is very family centered. Job is one of the easiest I have ever had. Lots of training involved.

ConsVery little direct hire. Most jobs w/o degree require temp service to become full time. Time ranges from one month to one year to be hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication needs to be improved. Fitness center should be offered to anyone who is required to do the PWP. Trainers should be paid more for leading lines.

Family atmosphere meets fortune 100 mindset

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allegan, MI (US)

ProsHonesty, integrity and teamwork are just some of the qualities that help shape the culture at Perrigo. Some could point to other positives such as the pay, benefits, flexibility of management, understanding of commitments and deadlines but for me, the best part about working for Perrigo is the collaboration, teamwork and the genuine enthusiasm of helping and watching someone else succeed.

ConsThe only con that comes to mind is with the environment that our business is in we must constantly change and push ourselves to succeed. That change (and sometimes the push) can be difficult at times and often challenging to handle. Many if not all embrace that change but it is an environment of growth, opportunities and change that some find difficult to fully grasp.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide growth opportunities and lead us into challenging situations that other companies may not have the talent to succeed. Push and challenge us to deliver. After all, we know at the end of the day we have to meet our toughest critics demands - our own.

Management suck,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and benefits, not much else but this app won't let me go further until I write twenty words or more.

ConsCry babies, everyone in everyone's business,only the squeaky wheels get greased, brown nosers get promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok starter job

ProsPeople are nice, friendly atmosphere and great benefits. Great place to learn and get experience. Very family oriented is nice as well

ConsPay is mediocre, location stinks. Nothing around for lunch or get a cup of coffee. A lot of people seem content with where they are and hard for others to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and pay more attention to the details.

Best three years of my career have been at Perrigo!

Supervisor (Current Employee) Allegan, MI (US)

ProsGrowth opportunities for hard working individuals, 24/7 fitness center, company store with an annual credit, various shifts to accommodate home life, quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursement, holiday treats/meals, dedication to continued learning/training, etc.. Overall, a great working environment where everyone is friendly and committed to seeing each other (and the company) succeed.

ConsLocation, although it is definitely worth the drive given the pros of working at Perrigo.

Senior Support Specialist

Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee) Gordonsville, VA (US)

ProsGood pay. Good insurance. Would be a great job if you do not have young children.

ConsRude people. They make your job harder than it should be. Their attendance policy needs improvement! I had a high risk pregnancy and missed time from work due to emergency appointments or appointments scheduled in advance, and was threatened to be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome availability for advancement. They favor people, and advance people who have little to no education.

What to expect at Perrigo- Lower Manufacturing positions or College Grad looking to start Career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay and excellent benefits for factory positions that do not require secondary education or a college degree and you can work your way up to lower leadership levels with bigger buck in due time with good work ethic. The coworkers were great for the most part, some "groups" could be catty/gossipy think high school cliques.

ConsFor factory positions unless you are buddy-buddy with someone in HR you HAVE to work as a temp through Manpower to get hired in and that can take a year or a couple of months if you are lucky. And you may start out on 1st shift day's while you are on Manpower, but do not expect to stay there. You have to switch to Nights or Evening 2nd shift to get hired in. If you want day shift that is going to take about 3-10 years maybe more depending on employee supply and demand. If you have a degree and NO Manufacturing/Factory experience expect to put a couple of years in before they hire you for those professional positions. You will start out going through Manpower working with the other Joe's on the line, you have to show them that you will stay "at least a year" and then you need to rub shoulder's with the supervisor's and management. I just couldn't stick it out anymore when the switch came to 12 hr. graveyard shift. I was the walking dead. If you put your time in and avoid the "busybody's" it's a great company

Advice to Senior ManagementThere was some very obvious favoritism going on with employees, but that is the only negative thing I can say. Professionally they did well to address needs of business and needs of employees even though some employees needs were met more than others

Quality Lab Technician II (Current Employee) Allegan, MI (US)

Prosquarterly bonuses, clear objectives for analysts

Conslimited advancement, not a lot of flexibility given to employees.

Advice to Senior Managementgive more flexibility to employees

Overall Perrigo I a great company to work for..... However certain areas are under different policies and micromanaged!!

Product Specialist (Former Employee) Gordonsville, VA (US)

ProsGood Pay, Great benefits, Good company, The company shows appreciation to its employees

ConsWorked in a department that had completely different policies than the company. It is micromanaged and managed extremely unfair and favoritism is shown. Policies are not followed for certain people and it is very unfair. People are promoted and/or hired not based on their performance and based on whether the manager likes you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the way some of the departments are being managed and you will see it is very unfair and rules are bent for certain people. One particular department is very poorly managed and needs to be changed to follow the company/corporate policies.

Not looking good

QA Technician (Current Employee) Allegan, MI (US)

ProsThe pay is good and benifits

ConsSome Supervisors on the production floor act as if they are running a small country and they are the dictator and disregard HR polices. They are contradictive, rude, and treat employees disrespectfully. HR department does nothing about this, even after many employees complain about the harassment. HR’s structure for internal job opportunities and advancements are told to be based on seniority along with experience at times but that is deceiving; they actually do what they want and play the favoritism game, give advancements and raises to people that suck-up instead of the people that work hard and have more experience for the role. During your yearly review they like to attack your individuality and try to change who you are. I mind my own business and stay out of trouble but yet they look for ways to put you down on your review if you’re not one of those people that suck up to management. Last I looked it’s against the law to discriminate you for who are.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company could be a better place to work for as soon as HR steps up and creates a better policy for equal rights out on the production floor.

Worked for Perrigo? Contribute to the Community!