PepsiCo Reviews

3.4
1,898 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance at Pepsico is the one shining facet that it holds (in 108 reviews)

• PepsiCo offers great pay and benefits and is truly a fun place to work (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 249 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 170 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to grow if you do want banking hours.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Mississauga, ON

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

Fast paced, result driven, exciting work, lots of responsibilities for a new grad.

Cons

Salary, progression to higher levels, culture of loving pepsi over the the top.

Spend advertising dollars better. Reward those willing to put more hours and effort.

If you like to eat bull on a daily basis, this jobs for you

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

if your a kid out of high school, it will help you pay your bills

Cons

you will get trapped there, it will wreck your body, mind and self esteem. as years go by you will be expected to bow to their every whim. expect to make less and less money as they raise their prices higher and downsize bags. The pay you will receive does not even keep up with inflation. What am I saying, they are inflation! and greedy

hang yourself

Overall good place to work.

Current Employee - RSR in Winnipeg, MB
    Current Employee - RSR in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

A very strong emphasis put on team work, everybody from the top to the bottom works hard and plays hard together. The constant feed back and recognition from management help in strengthening an overall work environment. Work/life is well balanced, flexible hours works well with busy family life.

Cons

Shortage of quality worker to fill the demands of a fast growing company, sometimes creates stress with in the business.

hire wages

Not worth the money

Former Employee - Packer in Cambridge, ON
    Former Employee - Packer in Cambridge, ON

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

Helps pay for you education.

Cons

I worked there for a summer to earn money for college. Training was minimum. FUll-time people would not help students felt threatened that their job may be taken away. Work conditions were not the best. Difficult to get time off even for educational purposes. Student's were not allowed to have any time off within the summer months.

You need to look into training your part-time/seasonsal employees. This may be a dangerous situation for people to be operating machinery they are not full comfortable in using. Student were making significantly less than those full-time employees and were often left doing more work. Significantly less meaning 5-8 dollars

Go in with eyes open

Current Employee - Clerk in Lethbridge, AB
    Current Employee - Clerk in Lethbridge, AB

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

There are some good people who work here and a person can learn a lot from them. They are a manufacturer of internationally recognized, good quality snack foods. There is a pension plan in place (however meager it may be) and the employee benefit plan is well thought out and administered. There is an abundance of meetings going all the way down the chain to keep employees "in the loop" on new promotions, products, company direction, etc.

Cons

You seem to put in much more than you get back. I saw people who shouldn't have even been employed move up the ranks within management and then wonder why employees have low morale and are dropping like flies. While the company may preach "work/life balance", it's more like something they can put on paper to look good but will never really have to implement. Rather than invest money to replace an employee who has left the company, they will find ways to redistribute work amongst those who remain who may have already had full plates to begin with. Yearly salary increases are not based on merit, in fact, you're lucky if you receive a salary increase to cover a cost of living increase. Lucky.

Don't work employees to the brink and then sit in a round table discussion on how to improve retention.

It's a great place for the right person

Current Employee - Sale Representative in Ottawa, ON
    Current Employee - Sale Representative in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Management is fair and available. The benefits are good. In my first year, I will make over $50,000.

Cons

long hours, early mornings and weekends. You really have to work hard to get a good route. It could take 3-5 years to get a permenant route and possibly even longer for a promotion.

Allow advancement based on merit not sinority. The management at my location is excellent. Everyone in the company I speak to praises them. They both started as Sales Reps. and made their way up.

Pepsi Company

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

Pepsi is a great company to work for. They allow you to grow with the company. Employees and Management are some of the best I ever encountered in my life.... PEPSI BLUE is the way to go!

Cons

Some of the challenges are working the weekends. Other than that it's not to much to complain about. Overall it a great place to launch your career

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Pay! Excellent company to further your career

Cons

Need great presentation skills and people skills

Great company and perks

Current Employee - Customer Service in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and lots of vacation
    Great mgmt
    Fun culture

Cons

There is not much bad to say

Great place to work for the big company experience

Current Employee - OMD Analyst in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - OMD Analyst in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities
    Role mobility
    Supportive managers
    Focused on Consumers AND Employees

Cons

Can get lost in the huge matrix
    Must be active in networking and growing your brand or you will be passed over
    Siloed budgets and work

Focus on front line engagement and quality as much as executives.