PepsiCo

3.5
1,768 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights

Summer Internship - Finance MBA

Current Employee - Finance MBA  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Finance MBA in Plano, TX (US)

Pros

Incredible global company w/ huge depth of experience, opportunities for advancement, and ability to explore different areas of the company throughout your career.

Cons

Due to the ever-changing 'rotational' nature of positions at PepsiCo, there are some issues w/ continuity / knowledge transfer but that is a trade-off they appear comfortable with.

PepsiCo is a good place to have an internship.

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

Pros

Everyone is friendly and willing to explain how things work. I always felt like I was contributing to the company with my work.

Cons

It's a fast paced work place, so you have to keep up. The management is always busy, so they are sometimes not as atentative to your needs.

A little more feedback from the work I was doing would have been nice.

Overall Good Experience

Current Employee - Research and Development  in  Valhalla, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Research and Development in Valhalla, NY (US)

Pros

PepsiCo PAMPERS their interns. We were taken on numerous field trips, and got to have weekly lunches with senior leaders of the company. We were given real projects that were stimulating and had the opportunity to connect with many of the employees.

Cons

Many of the employees at Pepsi are extremely busy. As an intern it was sometimes easy to be overlooked or pushed off when other more pressing issues arose.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best place to work.

Current Employee - Warehouse Material Handler  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Material Handler in Orlando, FL (US)

Pros

Benefits, Money, Business growth, and variation of jobs

Cons

Work is difficult. Sometimes it may not be worth the money.

N/A

Summer Internship in Research and Development

Current Employee - Research and Development Intern  in  White Plains, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Research and Development Intern in White Plains, NY (US)

Pros

The people are all extremely welcoming and helpful. They made themselves available to chat about advice on a project or my future career. I was able to do real work this summer and make contributions to the future of my team, which was a rewarding and beneficial experience. The intern committee planned numerous activities for the interns to get to know one another as well as for the interns to get to know current employees. Overall it was a great learning experience and I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to work for such an impactful company.

Cons

There were very few cons of this internship aside from the fact that I was always busy and so I did not have as much time to get to know employees in other departments which I would have liked to have been able to do.

You are all inspirational and it was great that you took the time to have lunch with the interns each week because it was extremely beneficial to be able to get to know you.

rsr

Pros

good pay, great benefits,extra days

Cons

no room for growth, advancement

A great learning experience through a structured program with plenty of exposure.

Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern

Pros

This internship was very beneficial for many reasons. PepsiCo invests heavily into their internship program because they truly see it as a "10-Week Interview". Each of the interns is assigned a real project that consumes much of the work time throughout the summer, but also has the opportunity to assist and learn day-to-day tasks throughout many different departments. Interns have the opportunity to travel across the country to see several different aspects of the company from corporate settings to manufacturing. Additionally, there are plenty of opportunities for exposure to high level executives and the full-time hire prospects seem to be high.

Cons

Because the company is so large, it is hard to regulate the experiences that each intern has. While PepsiCo does an excellent job of placing you where you seem to be most interested, there is still a lot of variability between managers, and settings. A corporate setting is a much different experience than one would get in the field. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but a student should know where they want to end up before going into an interview.

Continue to work on communication within the program. Especially throughout the school year leading into the summer, as interns, we were often left in the dark. It would also have been nice to have some assistance in finding housing, particularly for those in New York locations where it proved extremely difficult to find reasonable housing for such a short term.

WN/N

Current Employee - Operations Resource  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Resource in Memphis, TN (US)

Pros

Monday to Friday and Saturday

Cons

I really think it go plac to work

Let's work as ateam

Great talent, always excitement !

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

The quality of talent is great. You learn a lot.

The passion is contagious

Cons

Can't think of any cons. Maybe the coffee !

Supply Chain Internship (Frito-Lay)

Current Employee - Supply Chain Internship
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Internship

Pros

Frito-Lay is a great company that has excellent company values which are reflected in its internship program. The program allows you to work on high impact projects that not only give you a great understanding of the business but have a large impact as well! Along with this you have opportunities to network with many levels of management and gain exposure to executives when reporting out at the end of the summer. I highly recommend this internship program based on company values, leadership growth and long term career opportunities!

Cons

It is important to note that Frito-Lay is not a typical office job being that you will most likely work in a manufacturing environment. In order to be effective in this setting you must be self-motivated and a strong leader. The internship program is a great way to see if this environment if for you.

The leaders I have encountered thus far have been great mentors that put a big emphasis on growing talent and displaying company values. My advice would be to continue to keep this a priority.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!