PepsiCo

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.3 1,706 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights
1,706 Employee Reviews

Frustrating if you don't like traffic, but a good job overall.

RSR Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsName recognition, 4 day work weeks.

ConsReally early mornings. Like 4:30 sometimes.

Great place to grow if you do want banking hours.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsFast paced, result driven, exciting work, lots of responsibilities for a new grad.

ConsSalary, progression to higher levels, culture of loving pepsi over the the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend advertising dollars better. Reward those willing to put more hours and effort.

If you like to eat bull on a daily basis, this jobs for you

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

Prosif your a kid out of high school, it will help you pay your bills

Consyou will get trapped there, it will wreck your body, mind and self esteem. as years go by you will be expected to bow to their every whim. expect to make less and less money as they raise their prices higher and downsize bags. The pay you will receive does not even keep up with inflation. What am I saying, they are inflation! and greedy

Advice to Senior Managementhang yourself

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good place to work.

RSR (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB

ProsA very strong emphasis put on team work, everybody from the top to the bottom works hard and plays hard together. The constant feed back and recognition from management help in strengthening an overall work environment. Work/life is well balanced, flexible hours works well with busy family life.

ConsShortage of quality worker to fill the demands of a fast growing company, sometimes creates stress with in the business.

Advice to Senior Managementhire wages

Not worth the money

Packer (Former Employee) Cambridge, ON

ProsHelps pay for you education.

ConsI worked there for a summer to earn money for college. Training was minimum. FUll-time people would not help students felt threatened that their job may be taken away. Work conditions were not the best. Difficult to get time off even for educational purposes. Student's were not allowed to have any time off within the summer months.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to look into training your part-time/seasonsal employees. This may be a dangerous situation for people to be operating machinery they are not full comfortable in using. Student were making significantly less than those full-time employees and were often left doing more work. Significantly less meaning 5-8 dollars

Go in with eyes open

Clerk (Current Employee) Lethbridge, AB

ProsThere are some good people who work here and a person can learn a lot from them. They are a manufacturer of internationally recognized, good quality snack foods. There is a pension plan in place (however meager it may be) and the employee benefit plan is well thought out and administered. There is an abundance of meetings going all the way down the chain to keep employees "in the loop" on new promotions, products, company direction, etc.

ConsYou seem to put in much more than you get back. I saw people who shouldn't have even been employed move up the ranks within management and then wonder why employees have low morale and are dropping like flies. While the company may preach "work/life balance", it's more like something they can put on paper to look good but will never really have to implement. Rather than invest money to replace an employee who has left the company, they will find ways to redistribute work amongst those who remain who may have already had full plates to begin with. Yearly salary increases are not based on merit, in fact, you're lucky if you receive a salary increase to cover a cost of living increase. Lucky.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't work employees to the brink and then sit in a round table discussion on how to improve retention.

It's a great place for the right person

Sale Representative (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON

ProsManagement is fair and available. The benefits are good. In my first year, I will make over $50,000.

Conslong hours, early mornings and weekends. You really have to work hard to get a good route. It could take 3-5 years to get a permenant route and possibly even longer for a promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow advancement based on merit not sinority. The management at my location is excellent. Everyone in the company I speak to praises them. They both started as Sales Reps. and made their way up.

Fantastic opportunity for high-impact experience as an MBA intern

Finance MBA (Current Employee) White Plains, NY (US)

Pros-opportunity to work on a meaningful, strategic project: while the projects will vary depending on what group you are in, all interns are given responsibility over an interesting, dynamic project with the potential for extremely high impact
    -cross-functional, strategic approach: corporate finance isn't just about FP&A and accounting, but also being a strategic thought partner
    -collaborative and open culture: nearly everyone is willing to have meet-and-greets with interns--we were even able to meet several senior executives (including Indra!)
    -autonomy: there's really no one micromanaging you, as long as you show that you can effectively get your work done
    -work-life balance: half days on Friday during the summer!

Cons-HR issues: we had some trouble with getting paychecks and had to give different people the same information several times--it often felt like there were disconnects between HR & our finance-based intern managers. While this isn't a huge issue, it's surprising that such a big company would be this disorganized around basic HR functions and communication
    -ambiguity: this would be a very difficult job for someone who wasn't comfortable with ambiguity. You're given a lot of freedom and responsibility and it can be overwhelming if you're used to having more direction. I actually liked this aspect a lot, but it's not for everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementI've had a fantastic summer and I've been incredibly impressed by the people I've met and the work I've gotten to do. Keep up the good work, but make sure to work out the various HR kinks if possible

Great Company, Endless Opportunity

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Somers, NY (US)

Proslots of opportunity to move within, good work-life balance (e.g. summer fridays, holiday hours), great internal employee development

Conslarge company so the work can be siloed

PepsiCo Summer Internship

R&D (Current Employee) Valhalla, NY (US)

ProsIt is clear that PepsiCo values its interns greatly, from day to day interactions to large events. The internship program is organized well, giving the interns an opportunity to meet company leaders, learn different aspects of the company, and have a great time doing it. By the end of this summer internship I find myself hoping to work for this company in some way shape or form because I believe in the leaders of PepsiCo as well as the high standards PepsiCo strives to achieve.

ConsPepsiCo is such a large and global company that communication can be difficult. For example, many times a question gets sent out and bounced around to multiple people before the question is able to find the appropriate person to answer the question. Considering the size of this company, this is rather expected.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!