PepsiCo Reviews

3.4
1,878 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance at Pepsico is the one shining facet that it holds (in 108 reviews)

• PepsiCo offers great pay and benefits and is truly a fun place to work (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 249 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 170 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst company I've ever worked for

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Decent salary for the work

Cons

Long hours, treated terribly, unreasonable expectations

A good place to start your career

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint John, NB
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint John, NB

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good co-workers, strong focus on moving the company forward, wide-range of products. Most sales jobs have a small base salary and commission.

Cons

Long hours, company waste is an issue (getting the same promo materials 3 times etc) limited room for advancement unless you are scouted through their 'New Grad" programs.

You have employees working hard for you right now. Let them share their full potential instead of brushing them off to find the next potential university star.

Stay Away

Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, not much else though.

Cons

No work/life balance
    Don't value their employees at all
    Promote based on favouritism
    Penalize you for not overselling product to customers. Then when you do oversell and have to take unsold, expire product back, you get in trouble.

Value your biggest asset - your employees!

an interesting summer, lots of money to be made if your willing to work overtime

Former Employee - Summer Student in Cambridge, ON
    Former Employee - Summer Student in Cambridge, ON

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

for a student its a good first job to make a decent amount of money. In the summer I was there had a great opportunity to have a decent job with responsibility and importance to the factory, something I could really use for the future and pad the resume with (eg. organization skills, coordination, communication, supervision, etc.) this year students are given zero chances to do anything important. Basically used as cheap labour for low level jobs, I don't see why anyone would return to this organization after one summer, can't use it at all when looking for a real career now.

Cons

you get paid about half what the full time unionized employees do for the same if not more work so its discouraging in that sense. Usually zero time off, vacation days/ time does not exist for students. Any sick days must be accompanied by a doctors note. Have zero control of your schedule. They say you must be available to work any shift which is fine but that means all summer long, things are not always consistent. For example, went from afternoon shift to night shift to weekend to day shift all in the course of a month.

I understand the importance of keeping the factory smoothly but you have to trust your student employees with better job replacement options, otherwise you will never have any of them return as the experiences they get for the low level jobs can never be used properly on the resume after they finish school.

Magnificent company!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good perks offered to employees! They also provide professional advancement and good working environment!

Cons

Lots of overtime sometimes it drains you for being overworked!

Exponential career growth opportunities abound

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exponential career growth opportunities, very competitive wages and full benefits, excellent training opportunities to grow individual skills and interests, great people to work with,

Cons

Military-like structure, 60+ hours week to be successful in role on average, very high pressure to perform work environment

Sense of urgency from upper management can be too much and often times lead to making decisions based on quick fixes vs. long term outcomes.

hard work, long days, decent pay, good benefits

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- decent pay (no pay raises though). pay is commisioning based and thus is based on your route's sales.
    - good benefits
    - great pay for summer students

Cons

- long days - 10-12hr days of constant work are quite normal
    - super early mornings, must work weekends/holidays
    - time off for personal problems is difficult to arrange
    - hard work takes its toll on the body, hard to balance work/life
    - managers are recruited mostly straight out of university therefore they're inexperienced and often times unable to give us support we need. Store managers do not take them seriously which negatively affects our performance/sales
    - almost impossible to get promoted to manager (DSL) if you are a man since the company now hires almost exclusively female managers straight from university
    - no other options for advancement in the company as the next step is DSL
    - expectations are too high and tasks are not acceptable to our stores (management doesn't help at all)
    - difficult to start working here as you need several years of seniority to get your own route. In the meantime you cover for people who go on holidays or do support work (as a result pay can be low, work days erratic)

- stop giving us more work to do for the same pay
    - get on a truck with us at least once a month to see first hand what we have to go through since you don't listen to us when we tell you in meetings
    - stop working us to the brink whilst talking about how to improve workplace happiness
    - go back to hiring managers by promoting successful sales representatives; do not hire 22yr olds straight out of the university classroom

Salary Checks

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

A great place to work

Cons

No cons to refer to

Monsanto affiliated, off my purchasing list. support local organics!!!

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

no more pros I can see until this is addressed and changed.

Cons

I am so disappointed to find out this Quaker Oats Company is a supporter and consumer of Monsanto GMO products. the health of my love ones are too important to me to consider continuing support of such a company that thinks so little of our health.

Look for more organic local business to support and purchase from

Health and Safety

Current Employee - Health and Safety Specialist in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Health and Safety Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Fast pace and excellent for career development

Cons

overall Minimal Life Work Balance