PepsiCo

3.2 1,483 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

1,483 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly"
    in 77 reviews
  • "Pay and Benefits are really good with the exception of 401K"
    in 43 reviews
Cons:
  • "They preach work/life balance but only when it is convenient for management"
    in 184 reviews
  • "long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried"
    in 134 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A fast paced environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PepsiCo

Prosfast paced environment - lots going on, always learning new things. Great co-workers.

ConsHard to achieve worklife balance. Stressed managers. Young people with too much responsibility. Sometimes poor at execution.

Fast paced environment

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
London, ON

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay, decent people, secure job, always busy

ConsAlways busy, some issues with customers on a daily basis must be addressed

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your front line, we're the face of the company doing the little things that make the company successful

Route Sales Representative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PepsiCo

ProsGreat company to work for. Good pay for performance system and nice colleagues. Your work is very self managed and lots of independence in your schedule.

ConsNot much chance for mobility. RSR position can have too many write-ups due to sometimes almost unmanageable high stales and missed targets for sales goals. Company does not live by its promise of tuition assistance. Managers are left to decide whether you can be approved for this benefit. HR department does not care if you have been improperly denied these privileges. So watch out if you are a life long learner. You only get the opportunity for further education when you are earmarked for promotion.

Excellent

I have been working at PepsiCo

ProsGlobal brand, respect for other, Professional work environment

ConsNothing major to report to

Going downhill at an increasing rate

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat co-workers, good challenges, great learning experiences, flexible work hours.

ConsThe politics has become stifling. Constant re-orgs don't allow any time to adapt to new playing field. Senior management has lost its attention span. You can work yourself to death expecting compensation or advancement, but those opportunities are evaporating rapidly. The promotions are based on who you know rather than what you know or how hard you work and you'll get lame excuses when you ask why. Hiring contractors is more important than retaining high performers and having actual continuity. The whole atmosphere has become very demotivational this year especially. Infighting between groups is also on the rise probably because after the recent round of re-orgs nobody knows who should do what any longer and its seen as an opportunity for empire building.

The corporate interest in being seen as positive part of the community has employees out doing charity work on Pepsi's behalf rather than doing their real job and making things work inside the company. The focus on management buzzword fads du jour has really gotten silly lately too. They don't actually pay attention to what those buzzwords should mean, they just love to spout them and sound all corporate positive.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop reorganizing every few months, its like working in a tornado. You set something up and then re-org it out of existence. FOCUS. Stop managing by fads and buzzwords, say useful meaningful things to employees. Stop promoting in dark alleys like you're dealing drugs. Promote openly and fairly. We have courses on ethics we all have to sit through, pay attention to them please, they aren't merely for entertainment. Make it count for dedicated, motivated employees. We do care, but if you keep up the random shifting landscape with no apparent benefit that motivation will end.

Worst company I've ever worked for

I have been working at PepsiCo

ProsDecent salary for the work

ConsLong hours, treated terribly, unreasonable expectations

A good place to start your career

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Saint John, NB

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood co-workers, strong focus on moving the company forward, wide-range of products. Most sales jobs have a small base salary and commission.

ConsLong hours, company waste is an issue (getting the same promo materials 3 times etc) limited room for advancement unless you are scouted through their 'New Grad" programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have employees working hard for you right now. Let them share their full potential instead of brushing them off to find the next potential university star.

Stay Away

Account Development Representative (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay and benefits, not much else though.

ConsNo work/life balance
Don't value their employees at all
Promote based on favouritism
Penalize you for not overselling product to customers. Then when you do oversell and have to take unsold, expire product back, you get in trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your biggest asset - your employees!

an interesting summer, lots of money to be made if your willing to work overtime

Summer Student (Former Employee)
Cambridge, ON

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor for less than a year

Prosfor a student its a good first job to make a decent amount of money. In the summer I was there had a great opportunity to have a decent job with responsibility and importance to the factory, something I could really use for the future and pad the resume with (eg. organization skills, coordination, communication, supervision, etc.) this year students are given zero chances to do anything important. Basically used as cheap labour for low level jobs, I don't see why anyone would return to this organization after one summer, can't use it at all when looking for a real career now.

Consyou get paid about half what the full time unionized employees do for the same if not more work so its discouraging in that sense. Usually zero time off, vacation days/ time does not exist for students. Any sick days must be accompanied by a doctors note. Have zero control of your schedule. They say you must be available to work any shift which is fine but that means all summer long, things are not always consistent. For example, went from afternoon shift to night shift to weekend to day shift all in the course of a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand the importance of keeping the factory smoothly but you have to trust your student employees with better job replacement options, otherwise you will never have any of them return as the experiences they get for the low level jobs can never be used properly on the resume after they finish school.

Magnificent company!

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood perks offered to employees! They also provide professional advancement and good working environment!

ConsLots of overtime sometimes it drains you for being overworked!

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 1,483 reviews are posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.