PepsiCo

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.3 1,673 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 97 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 216 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 154 reviews)

1,673 Employee Reviews

Rewarding career with multiple opportunities to advance.

Warehouse Person (Loader) (Former Employee) Hollins, VA (US)

ProsThe pay was great along with the benefits and overtime you could work. The management treats you well and checks up on you to ensure personal life is well.

ConsCompany was cheap on resources needed to do the job. If you have kids may not be best schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more alert of employees needs and safety hazards in warehouse my plant had a lot of injuries.

Great stable company, best compensation

Director (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsCompensation is excellent compared to many of the F50 corporations. Stable organization. Opportunities to move up exist below the Sr. Manager level and most hires are internal employees.

ConsMoving up is very political especially at the Sr. Manager and above level, need to have connections, many of the staff have been here for a long time so not much innovation in IT and lack of acceptance to change.

Great place to work.

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsManagement, pay, benefits, vacation, etc.

ConsWork-life balance needs improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a larger workforce.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start

Analyst (Former Employee) Purchase, NY (US)

ProsWorked part-time, staff was great management was great too. Offered a job full-time when I was a part-time worker. Company promotes well.

ConsOnly there a short time, no cons to note of.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the experience.

Great People And Brands

Human Resources Director (Current Employee)

ProsLots of opportunity to learn and grow

ConsNeed to ensure you build the right relationships and nourish your network

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to diversify the portfolio and create natural / healthy products

Frito Lay was a great division of PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey provided great benefits and bonuses. The management teams were very helpful, and it was a smooth transition to transfer from one D.C. to another one in a different city. Lastly there is ample opportunity for advancement.

ConsThe hours are early and long, but your body adjust to the sleep schedule. Also some areas are union and others were not so it makes for some confusion when visiting other D.C's.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide the same support to each D.C. or make all union. Also allow seniority to follow when transferring to a new area.

Transport Warehouse

Transport Loader (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits

ConsThey start you out at part time

It's OK to learn, dont expect much long term

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsGreat culture, work life balance and fun

ConsNot the smartest people, but they don't worry much about paying high salaries, so it's understandable

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your retention program, pay more and demand more from emloyees

Good place to work!

Full Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) Aliso Viejo, CA (US)

ProsHigh energy company with good benefits. Must be ready to hustle the whole day long. Good place for younger people to learn the value of hard work.

ConsThe entry level positions require hard physical work in the delivery side. The merchandiser job is labor intensive, with hours spent in walk in coolers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time to advise new employee's of future growth opportunities.

Decent pay, flexible hours. Lots of independence.

Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) Rexburg, ID (US)

ProsAs a merchandiser you have flexible hours and little supervision, so you can work at your pace and get exactly as many hours as you want.

ConsHeavy work, I dropped a 24 pack on my finger and broke it. No great potential to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish a pathway to progress in Pepsi even to the lowest of the low.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!