PepsiCo

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.3 1,687 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 153 reviews)

1,687 Employee Reviews

good company

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Cranston, RI (US)

Prosa lot of work all the time

Consno time tospend with your family

It was a great experience working for this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, opportunities, salary, environment, benefits

ConsWork/life balance, constant change no stability

Supply Chain Intern

ProsPretty good money as an intern, hands on experience, can always find projects to do

ConsMorale is very very low. A lot of floor workers are upset.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Culture

ProsOpportunities to advance. Good entry level pay. Management respects need for work life balance.

Consadvancement largely left up to you. Pay as you progress becomes less appealing until you make it to the executive level.

Working Environment

Marketing Executive (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsLimitedless Pepsico goodies like: Lays, Quakers, Tropicana... Further, really learn a great deal of FMCG marketing theories and executional work in here.

ConsFair amount of work but to be expected to work overtime during peak seasons.

Frito Lay Route Sales

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsEasy job. Route bid at 53,000. Easy to grow routes if u follow behind lazy people and there are many. Consistently make over 73k and up to 78k. Company does cut routes and u must grow accounts again or u might drop back down into the 50's. Free shirts, royals tickets, chiefs tickets. Benefits are good! 401k, pension (not available for new employees anymore), vacation.

ConsEarly starts and route cuts. Company received Herman Lay award (most prestigious). Rsrs received jacket and management got trip to Cancun, Las Vegas and some a trip to Fiesta Bowl. However, if u want to be part of management , u can apply anytime so stop complaining. Many people have hard time with management getting rewards.

Marketing: Great to build a resume

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Albany, NY (US)

ProsGreat company to build a resume, network and learn fundamentals. Ability to work on national brands as well on innovations.

ConsNorth America business always under fire. Morale is negatively impacted. I question if salaries and benefits are competitive enough to maintain talented newcomers as well as seasoned producers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic on work life balance offerings and support. Senior management must lead by example.

Outstanding work environment

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsThe people at this company are top shelf. Not only do I work with the best and brightest but I enjoy them from a personal standpoint. This is a place for people that are high-energy and want to win. The company continues to evolve from a food and beverage standpoint which is exciting to see. Salary is extremely fair compared to the rest of the market.

ConsWorkload is huge but that's what you sign up for when joining the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to evolve from a healthy food and beverage offering.

n/a

Prospay is good friendly environment

Consyou have to kiss butt to advance

Rewarding career with multiple opportunities to advance.

Warehouse Person (Loader) (Former Employee) Hollins, VA (US)

ProsThe pay was great along with the benefits and overtime you could work. The management treats you well and checks up on you to ensure personal life is well.

ConsCompany was cheap on resources needed to do the job. If you have kids may not be best schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more alert of employees needs and safety hazards in warehouse my plant had a lot of injuries.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!