PepsiCo

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,681 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 97 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 216 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 154 reviews)

1,681 Employee Reviews

Frustrating if you don't like traffic, but a good job overall.

RSR Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsName recognition, 4 day work weeks.

ConsReally early mornings. Like 4:30 sometimes.

Great place to grow if you do want banking hours.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsFast paced, result driven, exciting work, lots of responsibilities for a new grad.

ConsSalary, progression to higher levels, culture of loving pepsi over the the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend advertising dollars better. Reward those willing to put more hours and effort.

If you like to eat bull on a daily basis, this jobs for you

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

Prosif your a kid out of high school, it will help you pay your bills

Consyou will get trapped there, it will wreck your body, mind and self esteem. as years go by you will be expected to bow to their every whim. expect to make less and less money as they raise their prices higher and downsize bags. The pay you will receive does not even keep up with inflation. What am I saying, they are inflation! and greedy

Advice to Senior Managementhang yourself

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good place to work.

RSR (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB

ProsA very strong emphasis put on team work, everybody from the top to the bottom works hard and plays hard together. The constant feed back and recognition from management help in strengthening an overall work environment. Work/life is well balanced, flexible hours works well with busy family life.

ConsShortage of quality worker to fill the demands of a fast growing company, sometimes creates stress with in the business.

Advice to Senior Managementhire wages

Not worth the money

Packer (Former Employee) Cambridge, ON

ProsHelps pay for you education.

ConsI worked there for a summer to earn money for college. Training was minimum. FUll-time people would not help students felt threatened that their job may be taken away. Work conditions were not the best. Difficult to get time off even for educational purposes. Student's were not allowed to have any time off within the summer months.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to look into training your part-time/seasonsal employees. This may be a dangerous situation for people to be operating machinery they are not full comfortable in using. Student were making significantly less than those full-time employees and were often left doing more work. Significantly less meaning 5-8 dollars

Go in with eyes open

Clerk (Current Employee) Lethbridge, AB

ProsThere are some good people who work here and a person can learn a lot from them. They are a manufacturer of internationally recognized, good quality snack foods. There is a pension plan in place (however meager it may be) and the employee benefit plan is well thought out and administered. There is an abundance of meetings going all the way down the chain to keep employees "in the loop" on new promotions, products, company direction, etc.

ConsYou seem to put in much more than you get back. I saw people who shouldn't have even been employed move up the ranks within management and then wonder why employees have low morale and are dropping like flies. While the company may preach "work/life balance", it's more like something they can put on paper to look good but will never really have to implement. Rather than invest money to replace an employee who has left the company, they will find ways to redistribute work amongst those who remain who may have already had full plates to begin with. Yearly salary increases are not based on merit, in fact, you're lucky if you receive a salary increase to cover a cost of living increase. Lucky.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't work employees to the brink and then sit in a round table discussion on how to improve retention.

It's a great place for the right person

Sale Representative (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON

ProsManagement is fair and available. The benefits are good. In my first year, I will make over $50,000.

Conslong hours, early mornings and weekends. You really have to work hard to get a good route. It could take 3-5 years to get a permenant route and possibly even longer for a promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow advancement based on merit not sinority. The management at my location is excellent. Everyone in the company I speak to praises them. They both started as Sales Reps. and made their way up.

Outstanding work environment

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsThe people at this company are top shelf. Not only do I work with the best and brightest but I enjoy them from a personal standpoint. This is a place for people that are high-energy and want to win. The company continues to evolve from a food and beverage standpoint which is exciting to see. Salary is extremely fair compared to the rest of the market.

ConsWorkload is huge but that's what you sign up for when joining the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to evolve from a healthy food and beverage offering.

Frito Lay Route Sales

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsEasy job. Route bid at 53,000. Easy to grow routes if u follow behind lazy people and there are many. Consistently make over 73k and up to 78k. Company does cut routes and u must grow accounts again or u might drop back down into the 50's. Free shirts, royals tickets, chiefs tickets. Benefits are good! 401k, pension (not available for new employees anymore), vacation.

ConsEarly starts and route cuts. Company received Herman Lay award (most prestigious). Rsrs received jacket and management got trip to Cancun, Las Vegas and some a trip to Fiesta Bowl. However, if u want to be part of management , u can apply anytime so stop complaining. Many people have hard time with management getting rewards.

Marketing: Great to build a resume

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Albany, NY (US)

ProsGreat company to build a resume, network and learn fundamentals. Ability to work on national brands as well on innovations.

ConsNorth America business always under fire. Morale is negatively impacted. I question if salaries and benefits are competitive enough to maintain talented newcomers as well as seasoned producers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic on work life balance offerings and support. Senior management must lead by example.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!