PepsiCo

3.2 1,486 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

1,486 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly"
    in 77 reviews
  • "Pay and Benefits are really good with the exception of 401K"
    in 43 reviews
Cons:
  • "They preach work/life balance but only when it is convenient for management"
    in 184 reviews
  • "long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried"
    in 134 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It's a great place for the right person

Sale Representative (Current Employee)
Ottawa, ON

I have been working at PepsiCo

ProsManagement is fair and available. The benefits are good. In my first year, I will make over $50,000.

Conslong hours, early mornings and weekends. You really have to work hard to get a good route. It could take 3-5 years to get a permenant route and possibly even longer for a promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow advancement based on merit not sinority. The management at my location is excellent. Everyone in the company I speak to praises them. They both started as Sales Reps. and made their way up.

Laid back engineering work

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Purchase, NY (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

ProsYou get to work with a great team and they pay you very well

ConsPepsi will put you tasks that will be boring but they are reasonably important and carry responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love my manager and the rest of his team. They will listen to my team and I before anyone else and they have a lot of trust in us

A Great place to work.

TOCA (Former Employee)
Tolleson, AZ (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe Benefits are good,the people I worked with are very professional.Management is very responsive to needs.

ConsSometimes the hours were challenging. Sometimes had to work split shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on Safety

Fantastic company to work for. Very fast paced.

Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee)
Johnstown, PA (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work environment. Easy going management staff which makes the long hours fun. Always something changing. The guys on the floor are great to work with.

ConsManaging in a union environment is always a challenge. A lot of movement in the management staff. Running 24/7 makes for a lot of phone calls and a lot of weekend problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't move around management staff as quickly. The campus hire program is great, but too much movement leaves the front-line with a lack of trust/authority to the frequently shuffled supervisors.

I love it.

Sanitation/Processing (Current Employee)
Jonesboro, AR (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo part-time for less than a year

Proswell i work in the sanitation department. Its days where you get your hours and dont but overall i like working here because theirs room to grow and get more hours and advantages to move to other departments. Another thing if ur having a hard time with ur job their is always somebody who is willing to help.

ConsThere are not many challenges

Not A Bad Company To Start Your Career At

R&D Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIn my group (R&D), there is great work/life balance. I am given autonomy over projects and am able to influence the organization. I feel like the compensation is in line with the industry for my educational background and role. Living in TX is a huge advantage from an effective paycheck standpoint because of the low cost of living. Company is really investing in growth and is trying to do new things.

ConsThe company wants to move faster and be bolder yet they left the old "processes" in place. They want to launch products twice as fast yet all of the stage gates remain the same so they just take time away until there is no room for error. Sometimes it feels as though you are "flying by the seat of your pants." Like any company, there is a political element and people can get "managed out" and overlooked-has not happened to me but I have seen it happen to others. Sometimes I feel like the focus is on simply launching a product instead of making sure the product is actually needed/wanted by the consumer. No bonuses until you get to higher levels sucks...they are all consolidated at the manager level and above so basically they want to launch products to meet their bonuses. This also creates no room for movement as once you get "banded" you stay until you get laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementBonus structure is not fair to the overall organization (i.e. those doing the actual work are not eligible and the ones that are eligible sometimes make decisions just to get bonuses). If you want to be a nimble company then put processes in place that allow for it instead of using an antiquated process that puts undue stress on lots of folks.

My experience with Pepsi has been an overall good experience, but you have to fight for what you want.

Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee)
Burnsville, MN (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay and as much or as little overtime as you want.
Positive work atmosphere and room to grow.
Great company to start your career with and use as a stepping stone.
Great 401K match 6%
Health benefits aren't bad either, even though I do not use them.
They is plenty of room to grow with a high turnover rate in management, so long as you are politically correct for the job
Many free and discounted programs, car rentals, costco memberships, financial planning many opportunities

ConsVery political and company when it comes to promotions
They don't seem to want to utilize there best employees when it comes to promotions
They take a college degree to such a high regard that if you don't have one you don't stand much of a chance
     against someone who does
They tend to "play" their employees in order to get what they need out of them, by giving empty promises or false hope.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to let people make or break their own career a little more. There tends to be a lot of micro managing, and not wanting to look bad by endorsing someone for the next step. Let people climb the ladder that have proven themselves instead of strategically keeping people in place when they are ready to move up.

Supply Chain Intern

Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Prosthe people were great and always willing to help. There was opportunities to travel and take on different roles

ConsI can't really say anything bad about my team. The only negative is that some of the locations are in remote areas.

Intern at PepsiCO

Analyst (Former Employee)
Moscow (Russia)

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

ProsPepsiCo is an interesting company to work in especially if you have some experience. Moreover, the atmosphere is great because PepsiCo always make some engaging office activities. The company has interesting and experienced staff from top firms.

ConsThe main drawback of PepsiCo is that it is probably not the best place to learn something. It extremely depends on the department and I was lucky regarding my recruiting allocation.

Pepsico is awesome!

I have been working at PepsiCo

ProsGreat pension plan! Great benefits! Great people! I love what I do! I wouldn't trade it for the world! Go pepsico! Go pepsico!

ConsLong hours! Disgruntled and discouraging managers of the accounts and sometimes your own managers! My managers are awesome by the way!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job! Superb management with superb employees equals great success!

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 1,486 reviews are posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.