PepsiCo

3.2 1,481 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

1,481 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly"
    in 77 reviews
  • "Pay and Benefits are really good with the exception of 401K"
    in 43 reviews
Cons:
  • "They preach work/life balance but only when it is convenient for management"
    in 184 reviews
  • "long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried"
    in 134 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

PepsiCo Canada has great people, brands, and opportunities, with a few improvements . . .

Sales/Marketing/Sales Strategy (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Top Notch Brands that are Fun!
- Great Benefits.
- Solid Training and Development.
- Exceptional Senior Leadership.

Cons- Salary is Below Industry Average.
- No Clear Career Planning (despite a lot of work behind it).
- Internal Cliques / Politics.
- Growing Pains of Merging 3 Organizations into 1.
- Lack of International Movement at Mid-Manager Levels.

Advice to Senior Management- PepsiCo Brands attract talent. Improving work-life balance and compensation will attract stronger talent.
- Focus on better developing the people leadership of mid-level managers.
- Give greater clarity on career progression and development plans.
- Provide more opportunities to move international at different levels when an employee is ready for a change, but a role is not available within the current home country structure.
- Find better ways to leverage the best of each division to win in the marketplace rather than trying to emulate one and implement in the others.
- Dare to be different with brand plans and sales strategies - be more proactive to competition than reactive.

Sales Representative

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Calgary, AB

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for less than a year

ProsThe length of your day and your salary are directly related to your ability and drive.
Great atmosphere and some good motivation
Many four day week positions

ConsStarting out can be a real challenge and many people don;t make it too far past training.
There was often a bit of a communication lapse between upper management and the dales fleet

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet with your new employees more often to discuss progress and their experiences on the job

One Great Company

Lethbridge, AB

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for less than a year

ProsPays Well, Great Opportunities, Fun Enjoyable Place to work.

ConsVery Long Hours, hard to balance life outside of job.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't replace all the workers with machines.

Get ready to be treated like garbage

Cambridge, ON

I worked at PepsiCo part-time for less than a year

Pros- Eat chips so you can become fat?
- I was paid fairly well for my position

Cons- Most of the women there are very rude, discriminable, and talk down to you even if you are in the same position as them
- Lots of gossip/rumour starting behind peoples backs (likely due to the abnormally large amount of women working there)
- No career advancement - don't expect to use anyone as a reference for future jobs, they aren't allowed to give you one even if you are recommended for rehire like I was

Frustrating if you don't like traffic, but a good job overall.

RSR Route Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Calgary, AB

I worked at PepsiCo

ProsName recognition, 4 day work weeks.

ConsReally early mornings. Like 4:30 sometimes.

Great place to grow if you do want banking hours.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Mississauga, ON

I worked at PepsiCo

ProsFast paced, result driven, exciting work, lots of responsibilities for a new grad.

ConsSalary, progression to higher levels, culture of loving pepsi over the the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend advertising dollars better. Reward those willing to put more hours and effort.

If you like to eat bull on a daily basis, this jobs for you

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

I have been working at PepsiCo

Prosif your a kid out of high school, it will help you pay your bills

Consyou will get trapped there, it will wreck your body, mind and self esteem. as years go by you will be expected to bow to their every whim. expect to make less and less money as they raise their prices higher and downsize bags. The pay you will receive does not even keep up with inflation. What am I saying, they are inflation! and greedy

Advice to Senior Managementhang yourself

Overall good place to work.

Rsr (Current Employee)
Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at PepsiCo

ProsA very strong emphasis put on team work, everybody from the top to the bottom works hard and plays hard together. The constant feed back and recognition from management help in strengthening an overall work environment. Work/life is well balanced, flexible hours works well with busy family life.

ConsShortage of quality worker to fill the demands of a fast growing company, sometimes creates stress with in the business.

Advice to Senior Managementhire wages

Not worth the money

Cambridge, ON

I worked at PepsiCo

ProsHelps pay for you education.

ConsI worked there for a summer to earn money for college. Training was minimum. FUll-time people would not help students felt threatened that their job may be taken away. Work conditions were not the best. Difficult to get time off even for educational purposes. Student's were not allowed to have any time off within the summer months.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to look into training your part-time/seasonsal employees. This may be a dangerous situation for people to be operating machinery they are not full comfortable in using. Student were making significantly less than those full-time employees and were often left doing more work. Significantly less meaning 5-8 dollars

Go in with eyes open

Clerk (Current Employee)
Lethbridge, AB

I have been working at PepsiCo

ProsThere are some good people who work here and a person can learn a lot from them. They are a manufacturer of internationally recognized, good quality snack foods. There is a pension plan in place (however meager it may be) and the employee benefit plan is well thought out and administered. There is an abundance of meetings going all the way down the chain to keep employees "in the loop" on new promotions, products, company direction, etc.

ConsYou seem to put in much more than you get back. I saw people who shouldn't have even been employed move up the ranks within management and then wonder why employees have low morale and are dropping like flies. While the company may preach "work/life balance", it's more like something they can put on paper to look good but will never really have to implement. Rather than invest money to replace an employee who has left the company, they will find ways to redistribute work amongst those who remain who may have already had full plates to begin with. Yearly salary increases are not based on merit, in fact, you're lucky if you receive a salary increase to cover a cost of living increase. Lucky.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't work employees to the brink and then sit in a round table discussion on how to improve retention.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 1,481 reviews are posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.