Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials(in 10 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed(in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management(in 4 reviews)

never a dull moment...

ProsWell run, good systems, strong on lean management and innovation, good teams, profitable company. Well diversified both from a business and geographic perspective. Strong product management company also. In high growth markets as well such as water.

ConsSometimes too bureaucratic - too much control in corporate office. They are a strong manufacturing company - but not all of their GBUs are in the manufacturing business.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't have so much control in corporate office - allow field offices and regions to be more autonomous to make decisions quicker

Very aggressive organization with excellent systems in Lean manufacturing and process improvement.

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros- Team orientated.
    - Well defined goals and systems.
    - Good bonus system.
    -Good management team.

Cons- Toomany metrics and data collection.
    - Not very flexible with their systems.

Advice to Senior Management- Communication is key.
    - Practice what you preach.

Very Corporate Structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood employees and a challenging product good training but few promotions.

ConsVery corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place to work -- but how long will you be there?

Customer Support - General (Former Employee) Delavan, WI (US)

ProsWhile working there, they provided training relevant to my current job, as well as providing training that would allow me to be promoted.
    The pay and benefits package was very adequate for the position and amount of work required.
    Working conditions were good. The co-workers and supervisors always ready to help out if needed.

ConsWhen economic conditions got tough, Pentair's go-to plan was to cut the head count. If there was a poor quarter, everyone was on edge wondering how long they may have a job.
    It was also sometimes difficult to get things done because of bureaucratic red tape. Managers had budgets to keep, had to report to corporate HQ, etc.
    In several cases, not enough time/energy was spent on product improvement. There were products with known issues that simply never got fixed.

Advice to Senior Management1) Figure out a better way to properly staff for seasonal peaks and valleys.
    2) Try other means of cutting costs rather than sudden (and seemingly random) cuts of head count.
    3) Spend more time and resources improving product quality!

Excellent place to work

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsExcellent policies to keep the employees satisfied and motivated. Gives employee a chance to have a diverse exposure under the same roof. Excellent company for a good career start.

ConsLike any large company, process and decisions can be slow but the end result is is worth your patience. Company needs to work more on talent management in order to keep the employees motivated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPentair really seemed to care about growth for the benefits of its employees and stockholders, but had a good way of making its associates feel valued even though they were in the midst of evolving into a large corporation during the time I was there.

ConsWork-life balance was a challenge, there seemed to be an unwritten rule about hours worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage movement internally instead of hiring outside so often.

Small company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood product, growth market, mega trend

ConsNot very good management in China

Positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsIn my first year, I was pleased to find Pentair to be a very helpful and collaborative culture. Never have I heard the phrase "that's not my job/problem." I feel good working for a company that not only promotes "Win Right" values, but "walks the talk."

ConsLike any large corporation, process and decisions can be slow. The company is very diversified, so it can take a while to fully grasp the business and navigate channels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote the Win Right values and help foster greater collaboration across businesses.

Decent Company

Program Manager (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI (US)

ProsI had a really good boss that listens and answer my questions

ConsNot everyone are as helpful and eager to help

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefits are needed, and leadership is lacking in some departments

good place to work

Sales (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Prosflexible hours, good people, office culture

Conssometimes can be stressful when work is building up, stretched out thin

Advice to Senior Managementhelp people's careers

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!