Paycom Reviews

Updated 30 April, 2015
194 reviews filtered by

By far, the BEST company I've ever worked for and the BEST job I've ever had. I LOVE PAYCOM!!!

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New Hire Training as well as ongoing training was and is incredible! The training for my position was 5 weeks long, so it does require a bit of a sacrifice if you have a family, but the reward is so worth it. Once I got out of training, my manager was there to walk along side me for the firs couple of months as I got familiar with my clients and improved my system acumen. The department conducts training calls twice a week to go over new updates to the system and to allow for questions to be answered.

I've never experienced the type of team atmosphere as I have here at Paycom. Everyone wants you to succeed and congratulates you when you close a deal with a client. When you're having a rough week, you have a manager or coworker there to positively encourage you and help you be the best that you can be. I believe that's what makes Paycom's culture so amazing.

Our product is also, in my opinion, the best out there. I could be a little biased though ;). I ahve seen other systems and have heard directly from my cleint's mouths the drastic improvements that Paycom has brought to their HR and Payroll processes since leaving their previous provider. We are constantly updated our product to keep up with the demand of our clients for a solution that fits their every need and desire. Not to mention being the first Payroll company to release an LMS. That's incredible!!!

I could go on and on about how much I love what I do, but this would turn into a novel rather than a short review, so I'll end with this: if you're not working at Paycom, you're missing out :)

Cons

Now let's be honest here, not every company is perfect, but Paycom comes pretty darn close. The first time I heard about Paycom, I was actually prospecting companies for my old job. When I came across their glassdoor page, I read some reviews that were pretty alarming. Now I'm no fool when it comes to disgruntled employees leaving harsh posts, so I read on to the good reviews and made my decision to pursue employment. You have to understand that working for Paycom is not meant for everyone. You have to be driven, have a positive attitude and be willing to do your best everyday. If you're looking for a place to just relax and have deals handed to you, don't apply. If you want a challenging, yet rewarding place to work, apply to your heart's content. Is easy to blame a company or a boss for your own shortcomings. What's harder is to rise to the occasion and push on even when things get tough. I;ve learned more about myself professionally and personally in my time here at Paycom, than I ever have with any other company. It's made me a better employee, friend, husband and father all while allowing me to maintain a healthy work/life balance.

So much for cons :)

Advice to Management

Continue improving the product as you have in my time here. We are on the cutting edge of HR Technology and I love riding that wave with Paycom. I couldn't run a company any better, if it were my own. I am thoroughly pleased with everything I've experienced with Paycom!

Apr 07, 2015Representative

We greatly appreciate your review and candid feedback for potential applicants to read. Your positive attitude is a testament to your success here and we are thankful for all that you do. Keep up the ... More

It's time to drink the Paycom kool aid!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

AWESOME training
    Top level C suite works to get to know you and train you
    Great opportunities to learn about all types of business
    Teaches you so much about networking, interacting with people, and selling

Cons

Definitely requires diligence and a good work ethic; this really isn't a con but I know some people see "hard work" and are deterred. If you are afraid of working hard, this is NOT the place for you (And you probably won't find much success anywhere else)

Paycom is the place to be!

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has been monumental in helping me grow both personally and professionally. It's nice to go into work knowing you are truly valued. There are a lot of perks too! $1 insurance, a free gym and amazing events are just a few of the amazing things I've experienced.

Cons

PTO is hard the first year, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Apr 01, 2015Representative

Thank you for your review! We hope you are enjoying your new personal days, which should help with your first year PTO accrual.

Excellent company for highly motivated and confident sales reps!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

- Hands-on training and continuous development (weekly)
    - Opportunities for growth even at a young age
    - You get as much out of this job as you put in (great for the "go-getter" type)
    - Earn uncapped commission & great monthly incentives
    - Company has strong differentiation from other companies in the industry
    - Meet w/ business executives (CEO, CFO, CIO, etc)

Cons

Really no complaints ...
    - Minimal time-off

Advice to Management

- Very happy w/ management – extremely available and approachable.

6. Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

- Awesome team atmosphere
    - Great 4 week long training program
    - Ability to grow and work in a fast pace environment

Cons

- Fairly long days, but if you are willing to put in the work the days will fly by!

Amazing Experience!

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

The opportunities at Paycom are endless. The product is constantly evolving with technology and is the most competitive in the industry due to the single application.

Cons

Do not plan on taking a lot of time off in your first year. There is a lot to learn!

Advice to Management

Keep up with the positivity!!!

Great Company, I hope to retire from here

Current Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Our CEO is a man of his word and he truly cares about the employees. He'll sometimes sit with people in the cafeteria and he always is really involved at review time each year to make sure that it goes really well for everyone.

Most of senior leadership is also really great and when they say they have an open door they really mean it. They are real people and they want everyone in the company to succeed both personally and professionally.

Cons

I keep thinking one day there will be kool-aid distributed at a company meeting or that we will be asked to salute the CEO. Sometimes it's a bit too churchy and reminds me of a cult. No matter what, the individual is always at fault. Stressed and burnt out? You should have worked harder and been more organized. Lose a client because they didn't like the product? You should have done more to sell them on it. The guilt and pressure is very hard to live with but the money is great which is how they get people to stay.

Apr 17, 2015Representative

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to see that our senior leadership team has had such a positive impact on you. We strive to have the best workplace culture and believe that employee ... More

9. Client Relations Representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing quickly. High advancement and earning potential. Nice campus. Great benefits. Most of their payroll and HRIS offerings are actually great products.

Cons

High pressure on everyone, not just sales which is to be expected. Clunky internal processes. Lack of equity in distribution of accounts.

Advice to Management

If you believe in a salesperson's abilities, let them know it. Then show them how they can be successful, rather than "correcting" with write-ups. Standardize base pays for positions and be consistent

Apr 10, 2015Representative

Employee engagement and culture are very important to us as an organization. We celebrate both personal and professional wins for all co-workers, but only when they are done in an ethical and ... More

Outside Sales

I worked at Paycom

Pros

Training was good. Jeff York is the best salesman I have ever met. That's probably it.

Cons

What I find hilarious about all these reviews is that Paycom requires their employees to write these. The ultimate kool-aid drinking shop. Here's the truth about Paycom - unrealistic expectations, a very average product and insane micromanagement. I worked at Paycom and know these to be true. In fact, 10 out of the 11 people in my training class no longer work there.

They are constantly applying pressure that comes from upper management and the sales cycle can last for months. They brag about the commission structure, but the reality is that 10-12% of a deal really is not that much.

They also give you terrible benefits. 5 PTO days? LOL! Call that work/life balance?

and let's be real. Selling payroll and having to learn the ins and outs of that industry is awful.

Advice to Management

Let your employees enjoy their lives a little bit.

Paycom has great potential with little substance to back it up.

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Inexpensive health insurance
    The people
    Training (initial)

Cons

Generally speaking, Paycom does not hire software professionals, and, in some cases professionals at all. I come with numerous years of experience and I know a great product when I see it. Our software is beautiful and on the rise. However, Paycom has done a terrible job at tackling the growth effectively. Specialist are over worked and stretched too thin, the training specialists should really be called the "set up and leave specialists" , the sales team is idolized as Gods, and the client relations department is the red headed step child that gets to deal with an angry client\ incompetent or undertrained team members, for years.
    As a client rep, you are not paid on retention. Your salary is a laughable tiered structure starting at 45k ( average in software is 85k) Then, you will work until 11 at night at least 3 nights a week, solving issues for your clients, and answering numerous emails to help keep your team a float. We get told that we are "the angels" of Paycom, saving and maintaining multi millions of business, yet you are paid like an entry level cold caller.
     As a newer department, growing pains happen. This isn't growing pains, this is an issue with structural integrity.

Advice to Management

In short, software is difficult, not every one gets it. Please stop hiring pretty faces with little to no REAL experience. As product grows and continues to develop, compensate your employees accordingly. Offer a legitimate structure for growth and stop making excuses. Your employees need to see an action plan for change. I hear the rumbling from colleagues and I am not even close to being the most upset/dissatisfied.

Mar 24, 2015Representative

Technology and our people are cornerstones of our organization. We take great pride in the high-quality individuals we hire and that is reflective in the growth of our company. In addition to the ... More