Paycom

Updated 18 September, 2014
4.4

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • Amazing base salary and commission structure (in 10 reviews)

• If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to start with, not a company to grow with

Former Employee - Tax Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people
    Entertaining corporate culture
    Growing company
    Pretty cool year end party

Cons

- Horrible pay unless you are in sales
    - Politics not what you know but who you know
    - Raises every year were very low unless you are in sales
    - Not a company to have a future with, go work there for 2 maybe 3 years and start looking for something else. I switched to the oil field and I am really happy now.
    - Company doesn't care about their the best employees unless you are in sales.
    - you can't say anything bad about the company they like to hire employees who will blindly follow management.

- Take care of your the best employees and pay themy based on their knowledge not "national average."

Paycom Response

Sep 08, 2014Representative

We value your feedback just as much as we value our current employees and believe that no matter what department you are in the impact you have on Paycom’s success is significant. Paycom’s management ... More

Awesome place to work! Best decision I ever made to come and work here

Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training for new hires is phenomenal. I learned more in my four weeks of training than in some of my business classes in college. They really make sure you are prepared and ready to be on your own out in the field once you finish training. The company culture is great as well. I have a ton of fun at work everyday and it is a very positive environment. Also the pay is great too. You are 100% in control of how much money you want to make and how fast you want to get there.

Cons

It's not your typical 9-5 job. Be prepared to work 50-60 hours a week especially if you are just starting off, however it is definitely worth the time.

Keep doing what you're doing

Professional Sales Career with TONS of Opportunity!!

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Great opportunity to become a true sales professional. Solution Selling, Focus on C-Level, Ongoing training, Great Income.... Everything you would look for in a sales career. Culture = Fun!!

Cons

Requires Dedication, Intelligence, Persistence and Strong Mental Focus on goals. Great opportunity for those who are career minded and are overachievers.

Thank you for all of your dedication to the people at Paycom!!

Paycom Response

Jul 17, 2014Representative

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad you value what Paycom is doing to help its employees!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Culture and Compensation

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Uncapped earning potential and career growth opportunities, amazing product, great people! Can't imagine ever working anywhere else!

Cons

Have to be willing to put in the hard work to experience all the many benefits Paycom has to offer. The only people I know that aren't happy here are not applying themselves and thus not seeing the success that's inevitable with a positive attitude and hard work.

Be more open to change. Such a fast growing company sometimes we are focused so much on the sales and operations of our business that we neglect our own issues we could make better through embracing change and new ideas.

New experience every day!

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom is a growing company and there is a lot of room for upward mobility for all Paycom employees, regardless of role. There is a great culture where managers and supervisors really encourage their employees to shine. I feel professionally challenged every day; I can safely say no two days are alike, but that's a great thing. I am constantly on my toes and am viewed as a valuable resource by my clients and colleagues alike.

Cons

I would say the only thing I would change specifically about working for Paycom is I do wish the vacation policy allowed for some more time off.

Advice to management is to keep it up! Paycom treats the employees really well and truly listens to them for feedback, which is fantastic.

Hard work = $$

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, great training!! I am rewarded for the hard work that I have put in, and I able to continue to grow. I work closely with my managers and other team members to be successful. This position will never be a position where you can cruise under the radar. You have to continue to work hard to be successful!

Cons

Long hours, and PTO time. Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult. There is a lot to learn and with being in sales - I want to be successful quickly, so there is training and things I had to take home to complete. There are also time where I had to stay late or come in early to get everything complete. However, once I get a handle on everything I know I will have a better work life balance. Also, PTO isn't great year 1, but it gets better with year 2 and on!

Keep pushing your reps, AND helping your reps!

Excited to part of a winning team!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, training, career paths in almost every department, true leaders driving the boat, passionate managers and people across the organization. Protected territories, competitive comp plan where they treat me like the executive that I am.

Cons

Because of the nature of our business and the importance of always being here to service our amazing customers the holidays are a time we need to be in the office. However when we are here it is a great environment and management shows their appreciation!

Continue with healthy lunch options, thank you for the beautiful new facility in OKC.

Corporate Sales Recruiter

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paycom recruiting team is a family. We work hard together and play hard together. We strive for excellence daily staffing the nation with the best of the best. We had a tough job that is balanced with a supportive management, equally driven team members, and a rewarding compensation plan that reminds you that hard work always pays off!

Cons

You will not work 8 to 5 daily and may have to be more flexible at times to cater to our product ..." people." The great people do not come to us. Sales and cold calling is something you will do on a day to day basis. If you're comfortable with that, you are set !

Increased amount of vacation time could increase productivity of employees and also create a more attractive opportunity to candidates.

management- continue to push us hard and provide us with tools to be successful

Great environment!!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are great people working here! There are many benefits to working at Paycom. They provide $1 health insurance, company luncheons, catered lunches, and many different company functions.

Cons

The pay for my position is a bit low for the amount of stress the work causes. They have black out periods every quarter and year end. This job requires a lot of overtime.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

We work very hard for the success we have but the reward is there waiting on the other side. The growth within the company is there, you just need to decide if it's something your willing to work for!

Cons

Sales is demanding and sometimes you need a couple extra days to unwind and be with your family, friends, ect. So vacation days is something I think should be looked into.

Vacation time

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!