Paycom

Updated 14 October, 2014
4.4

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 12 reviews)

• Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

The best company with a cubicle setting in OKC

Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

$1 medical insurance, $4 catered in lunches

Cons

Sitting in a cubicle, the rest is all great

Collaborative Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paycom is a busy, fast paced environment. There is no shortage of work and the team I work with are there to help with anything I need. I have worked for a couple large companies such as Paycom and they have all had their challenges but here I have found that everyone is willing to support each other. If you need help all you have to do is ask. $1 insurance, $4 lunches, free gym are some nice perks too.

Cons

IT has this place locked down. I understand the rational behind it, it just makes getting some things done a little harder. Other than that it's a great place to work.

Oct 16, 2014Representative

Thank you for your review! We handle sensitive information which, as you noted, is why our IT security is very thorough. We appreciate your review and hope you have continued success at Paycom.

Phenomenal company with excellent opportunity

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

At Paycom, there are incredible opportunities for advancement. My manager is deeply invested in my success and I have gained more experience here than any other job before. I honestly believe that Paycom is one of the best companies to work for.

Cons

The only thing I can think of, is that it is a lot of work, but I love what I do so it is worth it.

Great Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive, positive work environment, great team spirit! Paycom is overall a great company to work for! If you have the drive and desire there are people willing to help you succeed. The opportunities at Paycom are endless! The company culture is second-to-none and all the sales reps feel like one big family, we are always encouraging one another along the way.

Cons

The first year is the hardest only because there is so much to learn; however, the training is excellent and after you build that solid foundation, you feel completely prepared for anything.

Awesome company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Initially everything I learned about Paycom sounded too good to be true, and now I look at my life and everything is too good and too true! The culture is incredible, and it is the best feeling to work for a company with such incredible people. I can say it is the most difficult and most rewarding thing I have ever experienced. I love the challenge of every day. Success is in reach if you are intelligent, hard working, and positive!

Cons

I would say if you are not able to mentally manage your attitude and you are not mentally strong, you will fail!

Keep it up!!!

Sep 24, 2014Representative

Thank you for telling others about your experience at Paycom. Your positive attitude will continue to propel your career. You keep it up as well!

Personal and Professional Growth with Paycom

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started at Paycom straight out of college over 4 years ago. At the time, I wanted to be in sales so that I could make great money. At the time, I had offers from the usual big name suspects for entry level sales positions, but I chose to work at Paycom because I wanted to be in a company that was in hyper growth mode and who promoted from within. My ultimate goal was to lead others. Honestly at the time, I don't think that I realized exactly what I was getting and that I had made the best decision of my life.

As a new sales rep at Paycom, it is definitely the hardest work you will have done up to that point in your life. We are very straight forward with candidates and new hires about the day to day of your job, which is also a big part of why we have every candidate participate in a phone canvassing session prior to receiving a job offer. In your first year, you are learning all about the industry, our product, sales, etc so it does take hard work and determination. The great thing is that we offer an amazing support system and training program to help you along the way. Once we decide to hire someone, we've decided to give 110% of ourselves to helping them succeed.

Every new rep goes through a 4 week in depth training program which consists of product and sales training. In addition to this, each office manager conducts trainings specific to that rep or their team and what they need help on weekly.

While this is outside B2B sales, most managers communicate with their reps daily and many times more than once throughout the day. We work to assist the reps in their sales and strategy on the accounts they are working. If you are looking for a hands off management style or company, Paycom is not the right place for you.

With your manager and team, there will be much discussion surrounding quota, goals--- numbers wise, professional goals (like moving into management) and personal goals. We work with our team to help them develop all around as a person and not just a number that they're bringing in.

Now, being a sales manager at Paycom, I can say without a doubt that the people who succeed at Paycom are driven, goal oriented, hard working individuals. I am amazing everyday by the achievements that I see happening all around me and I can honestly say that I am grateful everyday to be a part of such an amazing team of sales professionals all across the country. Some of my best friends that I will have for life, I have met at Paycom.

If you're looking for a long term sales career with a growing company, come to Paycom, it will be the best decision of your life!

Cons

I don't personally have any cons. Every day you will face challenges and the way you handle them will determine your own level of success. Every tool and support person is at your finger tips, if you're willing to do the work, you will be a very happy and wealthy person at a very young age.

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Take the bad with the good

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make a lot of money and they promote within. Base and commission structure better than comparable companies. There are few companies where the cso is so involved. It is amazing that he is able to support trainings and lead calls with reps. Presidents club is top of the line and you could tell they put a lot of work in

Cons

All of the 5star reviews should have been a red flag and notice how the company jumps on to combat every negative comment on here...that is what you can expect from management as well. If there is an issue, it is always you and never an opportunity for them to improve. Vacation and sick time are a joke and there is no flex time or work from home. You will be expected to work on your vacations and sick days as well and it will be kindly suggested as best practice. You won't have time off around holidays at all and you will be expected to work nights and weekends. The majority of your "work" is to be done as they say "on your own time". The job isn't sales. Selling is a small part and setup/transition/training will take up a large part of your week.

Management is filled with superstar sellers who don't necessarily know how to manage and at least mine was obviously promoted too soon I am sure there are some greeat managers as well. A common theme I would say is MICROMANAGEMENT at its finest. You will feel like a 3rd grader most days when you are in the office.Office culture varies greatly. Pay attention in the interview process to the interactions between coworkers and the managers.

Before taking this job think about how much u are really willing to give up for the money. If you can deal with the bs, you could end up very wealthy.

Take feedback from current and past employees in a constructive manner instead of being defensive. Paycom could be a top workplace for sales nationwide. Get managers with real management experience and don't promote just because they made a checklist. Someone who is successful in sales will likely have difficulty in managing without being a control freak. Find people who are willing to overcome not just want the paycheck

Oct 16, 2014Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your review and please know that we take everyone’s feedback to heart. Reviews and constructive criticism are passed onto HR and management. Our employees ... More

Amazing opportunity to make an abundance of money and change your life trajectory

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They take training very seriously and equip their reps with great tools to sell.

Cons

There are not alot of cons. It really is what you make it. If you don't do well that is completely on you.

Put more cash into R&D

Poor leadership and write their own company reviews

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The pay and benefits are great. If you have the perfect storm, you will be well compensated in commission.

Cons

The company has no listed values or moral conduct. They promote based on achievement which is great, until you get the job and realize that your achievement is based on your territory. They do not review the territories and just assign them, therefore you can get into a tricky situation if you get a rough territory and a manager who is unwilling to listen to your concerns. They have no way of standardizing metrics, so you will be selling a territory of 5 zip codes against someone who has a whole state and you will be held to the same standards. They are very old school in their management tactics and use verbal threats and write ups as motivation.

Invest in your leadership. Do a Six Sigma training so that leaders understand realistic metrics and set good expectations. Set a moral code for your company.

Oct 10, 2014Representative

Thank you for pointing out the positives in the pay and benefits. We are sorry to hear you feel the way you do, but we want you and others to know that we do review territories. We divide ... More

Endless Opportunities

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paycom has the most opportunity for growth around and I have thrived since joining the team. Starting out as a rep you make more than others in the industry, which is a huge plus. Then you have the opportunity to become manager after just a few years. Depending on your work-ethic and ability to consistently deliver results the sky is the limit.

Unlike other companies, as a sales rep at Paycom you get to add unique business value and this is something I take great pride in. After the sale I am able to help ensure the prospects I signed on are up and operating smoothly. I was the one that earned their trust and they deserve my undivided care and attention.

The marketing department is always there to support us and the setup teams at corporate are amazingly skillful. Oh and did I mention the compensation is out of this world.

Cons

I would like to be more connected with what is going on with the specialists at corporate and the culture they have built. But the culture in my office is amazing. A lot is expected of Paycom's sales reps and a lot is given in return.

Keep giving us the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.