Paycom

Updated 19 November, 2014
4.4

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 13 reviews)

• 1 health insurance, company luncheons, catered lunches, and many different company functions (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Everything I hoped for and then some!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paycom leadership loves their employees! They know we don't have cushy corporate positions, almost every position is performance based. Recruiters even have quotas!! The in-house recruiters are really sales professionals. We make cold calls, pitch the deal, influence working professionals to make a change in career and almost ALL of our candidates are sourced from different internet sites. We literally present a sales pitch to get these top performers from other industries interested. It is not like any other recruiting department I have ever seen before and I love it! I am challenged but also rewarded with a strong compensation plan and great perks. We have an awesome team that knows we are needed to ensure Paycom can continue to grow and open new offices.

Cons

Very few people within the organization understand that Paycom recruiting is really selling Paycom every single day. We are just now getting to use all of the resources necessary with college, agencies and other things to staff the masses.

Keep growing. Keep hiring people like the recruiting leaders who bring outside ideas in and have a positive and fun personality. Additional vacation would be a plus and I know you guys are working on that as I type! Really we have an amazing team of dedicated professionals and I am so excited to see where we are next year and the years after. I am looking to a fun and challenging ride to industry dominance and getting a lot of great hires!

Wonderful company to work for!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The management works to develop you as an executive and truly cares about you and your progression with the company. There is no 'ceiling' of growth potential with Paycom. The benefits are great, $1 per pay period for health care! The compensation plans are incredible and commission is great - and paid

Cons

It is hard work, but yields high rewards! You really do put in what you get out, the longer hours the better the result and reward. One con is that the vacation time your first year is minimal.

Keep doing what you are doing! You are growing a successful company and with successful individuals.

NEW! - The Truth - worth the read

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The truth. As an intelligent sales professional in the job market, you have many choices. Reading through reviews, find the winners. There are two categories:

1) Those who made it
        2) Those who “couldn’t make it”

You never find a person who can make it complaining, they’re too busy succeeding or moving forward. Unless planning for failure, listen to the honest success stories.

Paycom is an amazing opportunity. It will not suit everyone, but for those it does, it opens the door to “rare opportunities” that are hard to find.

1) Opportunity. (#1 reason to work here) At Paycom I get to write my own ticket. Paycom rewards top performers, not seniority. That's refreshing from my previous jobs.

2) Great Culture. It’s what makes you happy to come in each day. Every day at Paycom brings new challenges, but the team approach and support system is what drives me forward. Sales Managers and Sales Teams become like a big work family. Doing fun team outings or picking each other up to continue fighting, we're in this together and in to win.

3) Reward for effort. Not just life changing compensation (which even negative people admit is true), but also recognition and personal growth.

Greatest aspects of the corporation:
        1) Strong CEO – Leadership starts top down.

2) Best Product - Hard to believe until you start to compete and see for yourself. So easy to win with.

3) Best Service – Company that can deliver what you promise. It's your reputation.

4) Structured training and support system. The resources are there for those who embrace and apply them. Programs are focused on creating business professionals, not just “sales” people. We also spend a lot of time focused on personal training. You’ll be a better person/friend/parent/spouse after learning the keys to a strong mental game and how to live an executive lifestyle.

5) Dream maker. The right company helps you reach "your" goals.

Cons

It's not easy. There's a lot of information. Requires strong commitment upfront. Have to not only learn product and industry, but more importantly how to solve the real business problems executives are faced with today. It's not a show and tell sale. It's a listen, solve, and build value by helping companies reach their strategic objectives.

In addition, you have to build a pipeline. It hard work, but doesn't take long if you work smart. Paycom provides a strong list of qualified prospects to start with and protected territories. The resources are definitely available.

To be successful here you have to do hard things. Everyone wants the money, recognition, and status this job can provide, but not everyone is serious about the decision to do what it takes. It's not always comfortable. Good news is it gets easy once you learn the material/process and build a solid pipeline. The accomplishment and gratification are worth it.

Keep doing what you're doing. In all my years, I've never seen the comp plan change for the worst. I can clearly see our vision and the path to get there.

If you want a career Paycom is the best.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Promotes from within, competitive salary levels, excellent training team that provides continued education for employees, competitive benefit packages, and a upbeat and "fun" culture to be a part of.

Cons

We only hire the best so the interview process is intense. To become a Paycom employee is a badge of honor.

Continue to listen to your people, they are the future of the company.

Paycom Response

Nov 17, 2014Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience at Paycom! You are right on the interview process as Glassdoor ranked Paycom one the Top 25 Most Difficult Companies to Interview!

Amazing company

Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is the best company I have ever worked for. I truly drive to work every morning with a smile on my face. The work you do here truly makes a difference no matter what department you are in and that is truly a rewarding feeling. The company is always thinking of ways to say thank you to employees and you can tell that it is appreciated... The atmosphere and culture is very positive.

Cons

During certain times of the year, long hours may be required. If you are not willing to put in the work needed during these periods, look elsewhere. It is worth it though!

Continue developing leaders from within and promoting personal and professional growth. Keep it up!

Good but a little too busy

Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Close knit type of company

Cons

Only close knit if you are in sales

Best Career I Ever Had!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

All the change and opportunity is by far superior to any other company I have worked. Any position here is challenging but the bigger picture is always explained and we all know what we are working towards.

Paycom gives you the opportunity to innovate and create change. There is not a lot of red tape here. You have an idea, go for it. You are highly encouraged to help grow the company and find better ways of doing things. In turn, this makes you a more experienced professional and builds your business intellect.

There are so many things that the HR team and department managers give us to make an incredible working experience.

Cons

We definitely need more internal efficiencies. We are growing so fast and there are the normal growing pains but we are really good at perfecting our processes. Automation would rapidly transform our business to become even faster growing. More people energy could go into innovation and progress if we spent less time on manual work.

The amazing thing about "cons" with Paycom, is we quickly address and make change happen. Nothing remains a "con" for very long.

Continue to give us the opportunity to help grow Paycom. Continue to provide feedback, praise, and gratitude and your employees will continue to stay loyal. Continue to hire intelligent, hardworking, innovative, contributors. Consumers with victim mentalities will only slow us down. Continue to grow yourselves, each other, and all your employees into competitive business professionals. I challenge you to grow Paycom at 50%!!!!!

The best and most exciting company in OKC

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Paycom as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is a fun, positive company to work for. I've been employed at Paycom for 3 years and have loved every minute of it. The employees and management are willing to work hard to get the job done, even if it means working overtime and weekends sometimes. If you are not willing to dedicate yourself to your job, this would not be a good fit. However, they seem to have the hiring process down to find the right people. You will be surrounded by smart, energetic, and hard working people here.

The pay starts out competitively with other entry-level jobs but quickly surpasses those salaries. They know their employees work hard, and they compensate them for it when they know they are going to stick around. The health insurance is $1. The lunches and employee activities are great. It's truly a place that strives to do well first by treating employees well.

The company also has its own extensive training program in place. You will never have a question that you can't find an answer to - there's a great support system built inside the company.

Cons

It is hard to take time off, and working overtime during the holidays can be rough as it's the busiest time of the year in the payroll industry. There are also silly activities that can sometimes make it feel more like a high school than a professional atmosphere.

Keep doing what you're doing! Listen to employees when they keep saying vacation time is an issue and see if you can fix it. Other than that, best management in OKC by far.

Great place to work for Personal, financial, and Professional Growth!

Current Employee - New Client Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - New Client Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of working at Paycom is that the Leadership team is completely committed to developing its employees. not only at work, but there are training topics that cover Personal growth, Leadership, Professional Growth, and how to manage difficult situations, which we ALL face in our lives.

Cons

This job can be challenging, however, if you like to grow, this is where you NEED to be. If you want to exceed your expectations and flourish, this is where you NEED to be. In business, we are either declining, or growing. Of course, the better end of this is to grow and with that comes Growing Pains!

Keep driving and encourage people. Keep the culture as Building people up, and not tear them down. Continue to be slow to punish, but Quick to reward. Empower, Motivate, Inspire, Serve, and keep Growing.

My experience was very pleasant.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paycom offers great benefits to their employees.

Cons

Paycom has a ranking system with their employees.

They shouldn't rank their employees and should treat them more equally.